Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:37 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course after her mother abandoned her 3 children in Mexico for greener pastures in the U.S., she gave birth to another child on U.S. soil. Not only are we supporting Marta and thousands of other children who enter this country alone, we are supporting her sibling her mother exploits for tax-funded freebies. I do not believe her ailing grandmother is the only family she has in Mexico. Who is caring for her siblings who are still there?

It is obvious that CNN featured this sob story to tug at our heartstrings, and to garner support for amnesty. It won’t work. I dare say, if U.S. children entered Mexico illegally, the Mexican government would not provide food and shelter for them. They would be left to fend for themselves by panhandling, stealing, or prostitution. Our government needs to contact the Mexican government and insist that they retrieve their children. They should be Mexico’s problem, not ours.
Why is it Mexico's problem and not their own country's problem? You do realize that Mexico is not part of Central America but North America, right?

It's a whole different ball game in Central America. Those countries are very poor and I doubt they have any social service programs. Leaving children behind with family for job opportunities in order to survive is not uncommon. They have few choices, especially women.

I'm not saying it's our responsibility. Just being realistic. It's survival for these families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 10:52 AM

163 posts, read 240,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s more of their hypocrisy. They whine about our government separating families when they are deported, but they have no problem severing ties with their children as though they are pets, and starting a new family here.
Absolutely. And it's that hypocrisy that needs to be pointed out again and again until they realize that their sob stories about the mean ole US breaking up families does not carry weight any longer. It's effectiveness has died along with the race card scam.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 AM

163 posts, read 240,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
It's a whole different ball game in Central America. Those countries are very poor and I doubt they have any social service programs. Leaving children behind with family for job opportunities in order to survive is not uncommon. They have few choices, especially women.
But the same principle applies whether it's Mexico or a Central American country...they shouldn't start crying and whining about the US breaking up families when they get deported and choose not to take their anchor babies with them since it wasn't a problem for them to leave children behind in whatever country they originally came from.

The US is good enough for them to come here illegally and take anything and everything they can get their hands on but suddenly becomes evil when things don't go their way. Am I the only one to see the insanity in that?

Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
But the same principle applies whether it's Mexico or a Central American country...they shouldn't start crying and whining about the US breaking up families when they get deported and choose not to take their anchor babies with them since it wasn't a problem for them to leave children behind in whatever country they originally came from.

The US is good enough for them to come here illegally and take anything and everything they can get their hands on but suddenly becomes evil when things don't go their way. Am I the only one to see the insanity in that?
Nope. It’s as clear as a sunny day.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:03 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Why is it Mexico's problem and not their own country's problem? You do realize that Mexico is not part of Central America but North America, right?

I'm not saying it's our responsibility. Just being realistic. It's survival for these families.
Quick geography lesson..."central America" all the way down, including Panama, is part of the continent of North America.

Plus, who cares what countries they are coming from? My response would be the same to Irish and German illegals as it would be to El Salvadorean and Guatemalan illegals: Go home. You do not belong here.

The United States cannot be responsible for every abandoned child in the world, whether they choose to come here to pursue the parents who abandoned them or not. They are not our responsibility.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Quick geography lesson..."central America" all the way down, including Panama, is part of the continent of North America.

Plus, who cares what countries they are coming from? My response would be the same to Irish and German illegals as it would be to El Salvadorean and Guatemalan illegals: Go home. You do not belong here.

The United States cannot be responsible for every abandoned child in the world, whether they choose to come here to pursue the parents who abandoned them or not. They are not our responsibility.
Damn skippy there!

I feel sorry for the children courtesy of the bad decisions of their parents; but, neither you nor I are responsible since neither one of us sired/birthed an Anchor Baby/illegal alien minor.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:12 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

TOUCHE I was wondering if someone would point that out. You are right, it doesn't matter where they are from, one thing for certain it ISN'T the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration