U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2009, 07:37 AM
 
14,306 posts, read 12,667,399 times
Reputation: 2134

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is pure treason, yes.

I swear the pro illegal side is becoming more desperate judging by their inane comments-------------they intuitively know the party is over.
Yeah, their savior Obama hasn't given them what they want as promised so far and they are spitting nails now. Not that Obama had any power to do so anyway. It is congress who decides such matters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,407 posts, read 12,161,062 times
Reputation: 2265
a good many of those individuals are NOT violent criminals. studies in CA and los angeles have shown that US born people are more likely to commit crime.

illegals for the most part (aside from being here illegally) dont usually commit crimes. they DONT want to get caught up in the system.

the stupid ones that do, via DV, DUI's, murder, rape. well they can very well be locked up, chipped and deported once time is served. but they are a SMALL percentage. jail stats prove it. this had been discussed ad nauseum. i even posted about this on the "debunking myths" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It is amazing how some simply choose to overlook that distinction.. Just as those same individuals choose to over look the fact that a good many of those illegals are also violent criminals, committing crimes that would have been prevented if 1. we enforced our immigration laws, 2. secured the border and 3. If all those dedicated decorated officers had turned these criminals over to ice when they were in custody.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 01:33 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 1,116,028 times
Reputation: 369
The trouble with 'they aren't aren't criminals, other than crossing the border illegally,' is that even crossing the border illegally shows that commiting a crime is acceptable to them. It doesn't take much to commit one more 'little' crime, like a fake SS#, then one more like getting a job, then of course they have to commit one more crime, driving without a license, because they have to get to work, then there's that thing about no insurance, but hey---other than that, they aren't criminals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,407 posts, read 12,161,062 times
Reputation: 2265
and we know that driving without a license is like marijuana... THE GATEWAY!!!

pretty soon all those unlicensed drivers will be raping and murdering!!!


[end sarcasm]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
The trouble with 'they aren't aren't criminals, other than crossing the border illegally,' is that even crossing the border illegally shows that commiting a crime is acceptable to them. It doesn't take much to commit one more 'little' crime, like a fake SS#, then one more like getting a job, then of course they have to commit one more crime, driving without a license, because they have to get to work, then there's that thing about no insurance, but hey---other than that, they aren't criminals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
 
14,306 posts, read 12,667,399 times
Reputation: 2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
and we know that driving without a license is like marijuana... THE GATEWAY!!!

pretty soon all those unlicensed drivers will be raping and murdering!!!


[end sarcasm]
Well when the truth hits you dead in the face and you can't refute it I guess sarcasm is one way to deal with it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,298 posts, read 21,276,817 times
Reputation: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
a good many of those individuals are NOT violent criminals. studies in CA and los angeles have shown that US born people are more likely to commit crime.

illegals for the most part (aside from being here illegally) dont usually commit crimes. they DONT want to get caught up in the system.

the stupid ones that do, via DV, DUI's, murder, rape. well they can very well be locked up, chipped and deported once time is served. but they are a SMALL percentage. jail stats prove it. this had been discussed ad nauseum. i even posted about this on the "debunking myths" thread.
How does this change that fact that thousands of US citizens have fallen prey to violent illegals? How does this change the fact that more US citizens have been victimized by illegals than by Muslim terrorist acts?
I am sure the victims take comfort in the knowledge that only a small percentage of illegals are violent criminals.
The fact that we produce more than enough domestic criminals only shows that we cannot afford to not secure our borders.
Thank you for supporting my argument. You see I believe that even 1 victim is too many. When the number is in the thousands if not tens of thousands it is intolerable.
Id theft? Does this count? How many lives have been upset or damaged?
Do these victims qualify ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,407 posts, read 12,161,062 times
Reputation: 2265
well if you say that 1 victim is too many, then i see why you think that illegals commit disproportionate amounts of violent crimes.

the reality is they dont. they are under represented when it comes to violent crimes. why? because they are not trying to get caught in the system.

i understand illegals commit crimes, not sure how that really compares to "muslim terrorist acts", but in places like LA, the community is better served by allocating resources to capture violent criminals.

so returning to the topic of this thread, lets use the limited funds we [in LA] have go after murderers, theives, rapists, etc etc. if they happen to be illegal, then we kill two birds with one stone.

let people be witnesses without the fear of further problems. that will take more VIOLENT criminals off the streets.

that type of policing works in my hood. thats what we need. we have real problems to deal with.
its easy for people in nice lil communities to talk about phantom illegals. here, were i live, where i raise a family, its larger issues that should take priority. i am glad the police realize this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How does this change that fact that thousands of US citizens have fallen prey to violent illegals? How does this change the fact that more US citizens have been victimized by illegals than by Muslim terrorist acts?
I am sure the victims take comfort in the knowledge that only a small percentage of illegals are violent criminals.
The fact that we produce more than enough domestic criminals only shows that we cannot afford to not secure our borders.
Thank you for supporting my argument. You see I believe that even 1 victim is too many. When the number is in the thousands if not tens of thousands it is intolerable.
Id theft? Does this count? How many lives have been upset or damaged?
Do these victims qualify ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,298 posts, read 21,276,817 times
Reputation: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well if you say that 1 victim is too many, then i see why you think that illegals commit disproportionate amounts of violent crimes.

the reality is they dont. they are under represented when it comes to violent crimes. why? because they are not trying to get caught in the system.

i understand illegals commit crimes, not sure how that really compares to "muslim terrorist acts", but in places like LA, the community is better served by allocating resources to capture violent criminals.

so returning to the topic of this thread, lets use the limited funds we [in LA] have go after murderers, theives, rapists, etc etc. if they happen to be illegal, then we kill two birds with one stone.

let people be witnesses without the fear of further problems. that will take more VIOLENT criminals off the streets.

that type of policing works in my hood. thats what we need. we have real problems to deal with.
its easy for people in nice lil communities to talk about phantom illegals. here, were i live, where i raise a family, its larger issues that should take priority. i am glad the police realize this.
Ah now don't put words in my mouth. never said that illegals commit more crimes than legals. I said that even 1 is too many.. Given that the number is in the 10's of thousands should be enough to cause us all to wonder why we ignore the problem.
Murder rape armed robbery and drugs are only a portion of the crimes committed. ID Theft committed by illegals has harmed thousands of US citizens. How do we shrug this off as if it doesn't matter or that its unimportant?
Drugs. How many drugs are muled accross the border by illegals in exchange for coyote services?
Gangs. How many gangs have their numbers supplemented by illegals?
Too many victims to just shrug and say oh well.
Nice lil communities? Ever wonder why they are nice lil communities? Perhaps because we don't tolerate illegals or other criminals. They are not nice communities by accident.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 04:56 PM
 
Location: San Diego
46,270 posts, read 41,282,709 times
Reputation: 30363
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ah now don't put words in my mouth. never said that illegals commit more crimes than legals. I said that even 1 is too many.. Given that the number is in the 10's of thousands should be enough to cause us all to wonder why we ignore the problem.
Murder rape armed robbery and drugs are only a portion of the crimes committed. ID Theft committed by illegals has harmed thousands of US citizens. How do we shrug this off as if it doesn't matter or that its unimportant?
Drugs. How many drugs are muled accross the border by illegals in exchange for coyote services?
Gangs. How many gangs have their numbers supplemented by illegals?
Too many victims to just shrug and say oh well.
Nice lil communities? Ever wonder why they are nice lil communities? Perhaps because we don't tolerate illegals or other criminals. They are not nice communities by accident.
It's no coincidence that the majority of nasty hoods in S Cal are where most of the Illegals live. Escondido, the strip in Linda Vista, Nasty City and on and on. Your hood wants Illegals? You can have them. Home Depot has a sale on those barred windows that don't really look like barred windows.

No thanks!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top