Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
How do you know? I think so many posters try to make immigrants out to be "bad people"
Quote:
when the truth is that they are honest, family-oriented & hard-working
Honest people don't break laws to get somewhere and break more laws to live and work there.

Immirants give themselves a bad name, with help from those that support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 04:08 AM

276 posts, read 747,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
If all they did was work things might be different. This is one more reason we must have a worker permit program like they have in Canada. There each alien gets a permit to work a job. With it he can be held accountable for paying taxes and not allowed to quit and free lance work anywhere he wants to. Also the employers MUST verify the permit before they can hire them and if they dont THEY are arrested and fined. This system works well and our government must think we are fools when they tell us they cant control the illegals..CANADA HAS,,,,,,,,go figure.
Please...you are extremely confused. Canada is full of illegal immigrants and the system is so busy caring for them that citizens born and raised in Canada can't get help when they need it or have to go through hurdles to get it. Illegal immigrants in Canada have it very good and better than many Canadians. Although both Countries were built on their immigration the times and the attitudes were very different. In the early 1900's for example. The Italian population that immigrated to North America did not have welfare or other means to fall back on. They simply put their heads down, focused and worked hard and yes they did all the jobs no one else wanted to do and then were ridiculed for doing them. In our current time, many immigrants (and this is the difference) come to bleed the system of all they can, they want everything free...education, housing, medicare, and all the things their own country is not willing to provide for them. They come with an attitude of entitlement which if not satisfied then the cry of racism/culturalism or religious discrimination are the next and obvious stepping stones to achieving their goals to a free ride.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:47 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaa View Post
Please...you are extremely confused. Canada is full of illegal immigrants and the system is so busy caring for them that citizens born and raised in Canada can't get help when they need it or have to go through hurdles to get it. Illegal immigrants in Canada have it very good and better than many Canadians. Although both Countries were built on their immigration the times and the attitudes were very different. In the early 1900's for example. The Italian population that immigrated to North America did not have welfare or other means to fall back on. They simply put their heads down, focused and worked hard and yes they did all the jobs no one else wanted to do and then were ridiculed for doing them. In our current time, many immigrants (and this is the difference) come to bleed the system of all they can, they want everything free...education, housing, medicare, and all the things their own country is not willing to provide for them. They come with an attitude of entitlement which if not satisfied then the cry of racism/culturalism or religious discrimination are the next and obvious stepping stones to achieving their goals to a free ride.
A day without a Mexican and all those marches waving "other than" flags won't be soon forgotten. I was ok with a day without a Mexican though as the roads were pretty empty. The ratio of drivers with a valid license, registration and insurance went way up.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Do you know the demographics of the majority of illegals in Canada?

Just curious as to whether they are there illegally after entering legally or entered illegally from the get go like so many in the USA

Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM

183 posts, read 242,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
to work and contribute to the USA economy

Oh please how the hell are you contributing to our economy? Our economy got ALOT worse since that bill was passed. Living for free in our country is stealing in our American eyes. Our government should be ashamed. They have NO intentions what so ever to clean this up and make it better oh no they dont care about us Americans, our voices and opinions dont count. What we think, want and need no longer matters nor counts and that is why we cant do anything about it. Youd have to gather every single American here in the U.S. make them all beleive the way we do and everyone would have to literatly push their butts back over the border and stand guard to make sure they dont come back. which, by the way Id be all for. Get rid of them... Im all for that in my mind its no different from an infestation of cockroaches... invading your homes by the millions, all living in 1 place mulitplying like crazy, living for free off of us and no matter how hard you try or what you use, you cant get rid of them. So what are we Americans to do about all of this? Cause our government sure dont give a rats rear but this issue or us especially the guy we have in office now. I expect it to get much worse now.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endprohibitions View Post
Yeah whatever, it is an invasion. Sorry folks but we had better put up an electric fence around the border or we are screwed.

America will ALL be called New Mexico in 50 years :P

Better stop being big wussies and keeping up this political correct "I can't say anything" attitude or so help me your children will suffer.

I wonder if they will treat us as well as minorities, because we almost already are.

you give it 50 years I give it 3. Im from Indiana, the country part and they are already crawling their ways into this area because the city is already plum full of them. We can say all we want, the problem wont go away. Like I said in order to make a change by our own hand EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN has to beleive the same and do something bout it. Most if not all our celebrities applaud that bill some encourage it, as well as some of your every day Americans

Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Please...you are extremely confused. Canada is full of illegal immigrants
What percentage of 33 million is approx 350k ?

Hardly full of them.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 AM

33 posts, read 82,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
you give it 50 years I give it 3. Im from Indiana, the country part and they are already crawling their ways into this area because the city is already plum full of them. We can say all we want, the problem wont go away. Like I said in order to make a change by our own hand EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN has to beleive the same and do something bout it. Most if not all our celebrities applaud that bill some encourage it, as well as some of your every day Americans

That is exactly why I am concerned. We would have to round up every mexican in the country, check their status, implant them with chips or tag their ears if they are illegal and send them back. (only half joking here, but obviously nothing short of a giant electric fence needs to be implimented.)

The problem is, they are outnumbering us now.. how could we even manage that? Even so, how many 2nd+ gens have integrated thanks to this head in the sand liberalism? So who would enforce it? Their own people? I think not!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:32 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
That is exactly why I am concerned. We would have to round up every mexican in the country, check their status, implant them with chips or tag their ears if they are illegal and send them back. (only half joking here, but obviously nothing short of a giant electric fence needs to be implimented.)

The problem is, they are outnumbering us now.. how could we even manage that? Even so, how many 2nd+ gens have integrated thanks to this head in the sand liberalism? So who would enforce it? Their own people? I think not!
Answer...e-verify. Without jobs most would self-deport.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:

Its sad to know our governemtn doesnt care because there are many ways to fix this and help to fix our situations. Our country is trillions of dollars indebt right now... it would be nice to know that AT LEAST if we were in debt it is because we are trying to better our country not better theirs and to support illegals. The problem that we face here is that its not just illegals coming into our country, its terrorist too. Ive heard in many conversations and news papers that people from Iraq are boating over to the mexico border and coming into the U.S. from there. They are getting our sources, informetion finding things to use against us and then going back. Some stay. If we are at war with these people why are we leaving this gate open with a big bright shiny sign saying "come on in and get us we welcome it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration