Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Is it a felony to loan relatives false docs? If so we need a few "examples" to be made to curb it.
Absolutely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
I'm a long term employee and I had to show my original SS# of which they actually verified.
That's great news but why am I and Benicar under a different impression then that current employees are exempt from this? I am going to try and find the info on the net and post it here.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Is it a felony to loan relatives false docs? If so we need a few "examples" to be made to curb it.
This brings something else to mind. You know how we keep hearng the cries from the pro-illegals that the illegals pay in taxes that they never get back such as FICA? Well "if" some or many of these illegals are using their legal relative's SS numbers to work then their families will get it back in the form of SS someday.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:23 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,111 times
E-verify does apply to current employees. Look at all the meat packing plants that were raided. Some lost dozens of employees through e-verify checks. There were citizens, in some cases 3-4 times the number needed, show up to apply for those 'jobs Americans won't do.'

Old 11-02-2009, 04:52 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This brings something else to mind. You know how we keep hearng the cries from the pro-illegals that the illegals pay in taxes that they never get back such as FICA? Well "if" some or many of these illegals are using their legal relative's SS numbers to work then their families will get it back in the form of SS someday.
You are absolutely correct, another myth debunked. I can't think of one reason why we should let a single Illegal stay in this Country.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:41 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
E-verify does apply to current employees. Look at all the meat packing plants that were raided. Some lost dozens of employees through e-verify checks. There were citizens, in some cases 3-4 times the number needed, show up to apply for those 'jobs Americans won't do.'
E-Verify is only mandatory for government contractors; and yes, they are required to verify eligibility of all employees. It is voluntary for others employers, many whom choose to go the extra mile by verifying the status of all employees, but there is no mandate for them to do so.

Quote:
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee's Form I-9, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States. For most employers, the use of E-Verify is voluntary and limited to determining the employment eligibility of new hires only.
USCIS - E-Verify

Quote:
E-Verify is a voluntary program for most employers, but mandatory for some, such as employers with federal contracts or subcontracts that contain the Federal Aquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause and employers in certain states.
DHS | E-Verify

Old 11-02-2009, 06:25 PM

Ok, so what I get from this is that if e-verify is mandated across the board then the employers will have to check both current and new hires. Good! Now to get our congressmen to cooperate and pass this legislation. It will be an uphill battle though.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,111 times
<<E-Verify is only mandatory for government contractors; and yes, they are required to verify eligibility of all employees. It is voluntary for others employers, many whom choose to go the extra mile by verifying the status of all employees, but there is no mandate for them to do so.>>

You're right, of course. It's only mandated for government jobs. I just wanted to point out that it does apply to current employees whose npn-government employers choose to use the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration