Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, contrary to pro-illegal propaganda, the average anti-illegal is not a rabid right-wing racist. If we were half the things being spewed by pro-illegals, violence would be the rule rather than the exception. However, I fear if this issue isn’t resolved soon, the climate may drastically change.
I was just reading another forum and a pro-illegal said that when anyone uses the term illegal alien to describe those in our country illegally that authomatically makes them a racist in their book. This is what we are up against folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 03:27 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I was just reading another forum and a pro-illegal said that when anyone uses the term illegal alien to describe those in our country illegally that authomatically makes them a racist in their book. This is what we are up against folks.
Yep, that’s the BS they are being instructed to believe. As good sheeple, they obey the orders of their exploiters.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
I myself do not believe that having a pro-illegal mentality = anti-american mentality.
Some are pro-illegal because they are gullable enough to believe the excuses made by other pro-illegals.
Some are just bleeding hearts but love this country as much as anyone else.
The anti-american lable should be used to describe those who are truely anti-american. Those who plought or dream of the day that america is destroyed. I know many feel that the illegal immigration invasion will do just that. I feel that it will damage us, but destroy us? I don't know.
The anti-american card is as over used as the race card.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I myself do not believe that having a pro-illegal mentality = anti-american mentality.
Some are pro-illegal because they are gullable enough to believe the excuses made by other pro-illegals.
Some are just bleeding hearts but love this country as much as anyone else.
The anti-american lable should be used to describe those who are truely anti-american. Those who plought or dream of the day that america is destroyed. I know many feel that the illegal immigration invasion will do just that. I feel that it will damage us, but destroy us? I don't know.
The anti-american card is as over used as the race card.
This is true. Some pro-illegals are in fact anti-American, while others love this country, but are simply bleeding hearts or misinformed. It’s sad.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:44 PM

706 posts, read 939,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
there will be no war.
there might be a small possibility of 1 incident, or two, but anything large, no.

i dont think anyone wants te be associated with radicals.
The One,
I don't think we would experience a "war" as we know it...just what type of incidents, or how many, is a tough call, but as Macmeal pointed out, it probably wouldn't last very long because the government would step in to quell the disturbances...and America would be changed forever, and not for the better.

"i dont think anyone wants te be associated with radicals"

I think King George said the same thing in the mid 1700's

Also, some would argue that Obama has some........ooops! Can't mention Obama in an illegal alien forum....or can I ?

BL

Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
The One,
I don't think we would experience a "war" as we know it...just what type of incidents, or how many, is a tough call, but as Macmeal pointed out, it probably wouldn't last very long because the government would step in to quell the disturbances...and America would be changed forever, and not for the better.

"i dont think anyone wants te be associated with radicals"

I think King George said the same thing in the mid 1700's

Also, some would argue that Obama has some........ooops! Can't mention Obama in an illegal alien forum....or can I ?

BL
You can, as long as you say it with a smile.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
there will be no war.
there might be a small possibility of 1 incident, or two, but anything large, no.

i dont think anyone wants te be associated with radicals.
Nor do a good many of us want to be associated with criminals or illegals who are in fact criminals.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM

50,286 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That bothers me not one bit. If you get a chance go to the start of this forum back in 06. What you will see is a bunch of Pro-Illegals spitting venom and getting banned for going overboard. I don't see one Pro-Illegal that posted back then still posting. We have some today that will play within the parameters but the majority didn't. Their game plan was to call everyone stupid or racist that didn't agree with them.

My point? Who cares what harsh words they want to call us as it's obvious the majority of Americans have had enough and the big mean words just don't mean what they used to.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:15 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
i have been around since inception.

i was always in the negative when it came to rep marks back then. thats when people gave negative reps (red marks).
most of them came from the threads about immigration (pre immigration specific board).

i was happy to see the red marks gone.

the nastiness went both ways.
and i have seen many many antis banned.

we are all better without those individuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That bothers me not one bit. If you get a chance go to the start of this forum back in 06. What you will see is a bunch of Pro-Illegals spitting venom and getting banned for going overboard. I don't see one Pro-Illegal that posted back then still posting. We have some today that will play within the parameters but the majority didn't. Their game plan was to call everyone stupid or racist that didn't agree with them.

My point? Who cares what harsh words they want to call us as it's obvious the majority of Americans have had enough and the big mean words just don't mean what they used to.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
i have been around since inception.

i was always in the negative when it came to rep marks back then. thats when people gave negative reps (red marks).
most of them came from the threads about immigration (pre immigration specific board).

i was happy to see the red marks gone.

the nastiness went both ways.
and i have seen many many antis banned.

we are all better without those individuals.
There are only about 3 or 4 pro illegal types left---------and, none of you guys are hardcore MEChA fans either.

Hell; I helped the Mods boot out a few of the truly racist anti's myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration