Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 AM

549 posts, read 1,665,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Job Applicant View Post
I was recently at a meeting where the County Commissioner spoke to his constituents. A lady stood up and complained about all the illegal aliens who stood on a long commercial street near my home looking for work. Sometimes there are over 100 Hispanic looking men on the street waiting for someone to pick them up and hire them for the day.

The County Commissioner asked the woman how she knew that these men were in fact illegal aliens. She replied, that she could tell just by looking at them. Who else is going to stand on the street 10 hours a day and try to catch the eye of potential employers who drive by? She went on to say, "They are dark Mexican Indians and do not speak English. Can't the police stop them and ask for identification?"

Would you support the police asking day laborers for their papers?

YES

That´s the only way to identify illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Learn some math...Learn basic game theory. Understand economics, and how we need to allieviate the underclass. The illegal immigrants are already here. They are not in a bubble. They are a part of our society. So instead of using illegal immigrants as a coy to undercut the rights and benefits of lower income residents (which has happened), we need to realize that we should incoporate them and find alternative methods...in order to legalize them. The priority is how to legalize and how to create better methods of legalization...not how to punish and discourage people.
Bass-akwards thinking. We do not 'alleviate the underclass' by importing millions of people who will work for less and push our underlcass out of what jobs there are. Of course, I am assuming that you are talking about the American Citizen underclass, not citizens of other countries.

"they are a part of our society." So, they are no longer hiding in the shadows? Uh oh, the pity party is losing a basic plank in its platform.

"using illegal immigrants as a coy.." What is a coy?

"The priority is how to legalize...". No, the priority is getting them out of the US so American citizens can afford to live in their OWN COUNTRY!

"not how to punish and discourage people". The underclass and poor American citizens ARE being punished and discouraged by the influx of illegal aliens. You must not be a citizen of this country if you would willingly grind our own underclass into the dirt.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:16 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Again, you attribute remarks to me that someone else made. It is starting to get old. Your're not making any sense stating that illegal is illegal implies that rape is equivalant to illegal immigration. As far as personal insults go, you are the most guilty of it and I am sure the moderator can go back and find out who started with them. You just called ArizonaBear, dumb for example. Do you expect us to sit idley by while you resort to such tactics?
Yeah it is getting old. AZBear made the specific statement "rape is tantamount to illegal immigration" (of course in his own words). Well, if you post comments that are not relevant to the conversation...that is dumb. I never stated I was not guilty of insults. However, you are no saint as well. It is getting old you not understanding and then getting mad. Just let it go...

Old 11-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Bass-akwards thinking. We do not 'alleviate the underclass' by importing millions of people who will work for less and push our underlcass out of what jobs there are. Of course, I am assuming that you are talking about the American Citizen underclass, not citizens of other countries.

Did I mention importing? No I did not. Read the posts. I mentioned that we should educate them. That we should prepare them for entering into the workforce. Never stated importing. I said that laws should compliment the market better (addressing the needs of both Americans and immigrants). I'm stating the underclass of those that live in the US in general.

"they are a part of our society." So, they are no longer hiding in the shadows? Uh oh, the pity party is losing a basic plank in its platform.

Really? They "hide in the shadows"? They do not buy things? They do not use our public services? Do they not work for companies here in the US? If they do all three...they are a part of society. That is the reason why you are upset...because they are a part of society.

Typed too fast, decoy. As a decoy. The 9/12 protesters are the best example.

"The priority is how to legalize...". No, the priority is getting them out of the US so American citizens can afford to live in their OWN COUNTRY!

No, it's not. That is too expensive, will devestate communities and will go against the core belief of our nation. We need to better incorporate illegal immigrants in order to generate more tax revenue and try to reduce poverty. We need to encourage illegal immigrants towards legalization...as well as obtaining better education. Also, the cost of living is not determined by the lowest 3% (on average, illegal immigrants belong to the lower classes) on the socio-economic scale.

"not how to punish and discourage people". The underclass and poor American citizens ARE being punished and discouraged by the influx of illegal aliens. You must not be a citizen of this country if you would willingly grind our own underclass into the dirt.

People are against health reform due to the "illegal immigrant" aspect. Funding for inner city programs are voted down due to people afraid that illegal immigrants will use these services as well. So poor are punished by people who have this irrational fear...and thus vote accordingly.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:

Did I mention importing? No I did not. Read the posts. I mentioned that we should educate them. That we should prepare them for entering into the workforce. Never stated importing. I said that laws should compliment the market better (addressing the needs of both Americans and immigrants). I'm stating the underclass of those that live in the US in general.

But they are being imported through lax border security and people who look the other way; also by unscrupulous employers. You didn't have to use the word 'importing'.

We should educate them? Who pays for that? Taxpayers, American taxpayers. Some of our schools are already not getting enough funding to educate our own population.

Really? They "hide in the shadows"? They do not buy things? They do not use our public services? Do they not work for companies here in the US? If they do all three...they are a part of society. That is the reason why you are upset...because they are a part of society.

Hey, 'hide in the shadows' is the pro-illegal made-up catch-phrase. Don't like it being used against you?

Typed too fast, decoy. As a decoy. The 9/12 protesters are the best example.

Baloney. 'Nuff said.

No, it's not. That is too expensive, will devestate communities and will go against the core belief of our nation. We need to better incorporate illegal immigrants in order to generate more tax revenue and try to reduce poverty. We need to encourage illegal immigrants towards legalization...as well as obtaining better education. Also, the cost of living is not determined by the lowest 3% (on average, illegal immigrants belong to the lower classes) on the socio-economic scale.

If they can't make a living here they will go. No cost to us. Isn't that why they left their own countries (supposedly)? What communities will be 'devistated'? The American citizen will be much better off with more jobs available after the illegals are gone. Mexico needs to incorporate their own citizens. Mexico should do a better job of educating their own citizens, therefore generating more revenue and reducing poverty IN MEXICO.

What exactly do you mean by 'core belief' of my nation? Nation of immigrants..yadda yadda? They are not immigrants, they are criminal illegal aliens.

People are against health reform due to the "illegal immigrant" aspect. Funding for inner city programs are voted down due to people afraid that illegal immigrants will use these services as well. So poor are punished by people who have this irrational fear...and thus vote accordingly.
And that is a valid fear. You would have to provide proof of what you say, though, to have any credibility. Let's make sure American citizens are benefitting from any programs paid for by American taxpayer money. Is there something wrong with caring about your fellow citizens? Is there something wrong with takiing care of your own? Would you put the health and well-being of your children behind the health and well-being of an illegal alien? That is not an 'irrational' fear. It's going on all the time. Thousands or tens of thousands of anchor babies born in our hospitals with no renumeration. Who the heck do you think is really paying for them? Most likely not YOU. You are obviously not a citizen of the USA.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Yeah it is getting old. AZBear made the specific statement "rape is tantamount to illegal immigration" (of course in his own words). Well, if you post comments that are not relevant to the conversation...that is dumb. I never stated I was not guilty of insults. However, you are no saint as well. It is getting old you not understanding and then getting mad. Just let it go...
No, that isn't why you called him dumb. Go back and read that part of the topic again. There is no need for name calling anyway. I never insult anyone unless I am insulted first. It is called retaliation.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And that is a valid fear. You would have to provide proof of what you say, though, to have any credibility. Let's make sure American citizens are benefitting from any programs paid for by American taxpayer money. Is there something wrong with caring about your fellow citizens? Is there something wrong with takiing care of your own? Would you put the health and well-being of your children behind the health and well-being of an illegal alien? That is not an 'irrational' fear. It's going on all the time. Thousands or tens of thousands of anchor babies born in our hospitals with no renumeration. Who the heck do you think is really paying for them? Most likely not YOU. You are obviously not a citizen of the USA.
No it's not a valid fear. People have blamed illegal immigrants for everything from crime to the mortgage crisis. Much of that is bogus. Proof? Of what? What are you talking about? Also sorry if you feel that typing too fast is baloney...that's interesting, sorry but does takiing mean?

Also you analogy is highly flawed. It's an emotional appeal outside the realm of the argument and scope. That's like saying that there is only two possible outcomes, which is not true. I'm not a citizen? Okay I'm done talking to you. Clearly you don't have all your faculties. Good luck in life (you'll need it). Read a book (clearly you lack education).

PS..."devistated" is spelled devestated. Rocks in glass houses...

Old 11-10-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, that isn't why you called him dumb. Go back and read that part of the topic again. There is no need for name calling anyway. I never insult anyone unless I am insulted first. It is called retaliation.
Are you really serious? Get off your high horse (after essentially calling a person uneducated). Get back on topic.

I read the posts...you actually insulted David first (which contradicts that you insult only after being insulted). We can continue on with this if you so desire...

Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Are you really serious? Get off your high horse (after essentially calling a person uneducated). Get back on topic.

I read the posts...you actually insulted David first (which contradicts that you insult only after being insulted). We can continue on with this if you so desire...
Who do you think you are in here, the moderator? You don't tell other members to stay on topic in here. It isn't your place to do that. I never called anyone undeducated either. As for David, I will go back and read my own posts and his but I rarely ever attack someone first unless they really tick me off. It must have been one of those rare occasions. You however.....

Just read your angry and on the attack post just two posts ago to Fox Terrier. You might try being a little more civil in your responses. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 PM

Who do you think you are in here, the moderator? You don't tell other members to stay on topic in here. It isn't your place to do that. I never called anyone undeducated either. As for David, I will go back and read my own posts and his but I rarely ever attack someone first unless they really tick me off. It must have been one of those rare occasions. You however.....

I will tell you since you are going on a tangent that's not needed. So again, stay on topic.

Just read your angry and on the attack post just two posts ago to Fox Terrier. You might try being a little more civil in your responses. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Fox Terrier, the person that snidely implied that I was not American for agreeing? The person whom after I apologized for a spelling error, proceeded to say that was baloney. Heed your own advice, esp. after calling a person's post BS.

I hope the view is nice on such a high horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration