Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:56 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It does make a difference whom we are supporting. Our tax dollars should go towards our own citizens, not illegal aliens.

There are certain rights that a citizen is bestowed by birth on our soil and rightly so. Sorry, you don't agree. Thinking that foreigners should have the same rights is just plain bizzarre. No where in the world will you find this kind of thinking acceptable or reasonable.

The presence of illegal aliens in our country is affecting you negatively in many ways. You just choose to stick your head in the sand and remain in denial because you are a sympathizer. I don't know if by you surname you are actually Hispanic but if so, that would pretty much explain your stance.

I wasn't questioning your citizenship per se. I just couldn't remember from your prior posts whether you had stated you were or were not a citizen. Thanks for clarifying that. What I meant that I find it disgusting for a citizen to defend, aid and abet illegal aliens.

The only thing that illegal aliens are entitled to is deportation. They don't deserve the opportunity to do anything in this country other than leaving.
This was one of the most coherent posts you've posted yet.

Although, me being Hispanic or not being Hispanic does not explain my stance. You assume that I'm supposed to go along with the beliefs and actions of my "kind", as if I am only capable of following a crowd as opposed to thinking for myself.

You can say I'm disgusting all you want, but I'm not aiding and abetting anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
probably not. if they do they wont get a thank you note from BP, BP already knows they are at home depot but they look and look and look and somehow just cant find them.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What's irrational about it? What do you do when you find out someone has been tapping your bank account? Run away?

No you fight. What's irrational is to let your heart run your brain. We can't save the World but we can save our social service network from people it's not meant to support. We can also save our schools and our ER access, maybe even cut down on acccidents committed by people who aren't supposed to be here.
What's irrational is that it doesn't take account the reality of the situation. Provisions and actual wording of the bill, for this particular example. Basically, the fighting is much like Don Quixote fighting off windmills.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:17 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
ok and if the cops ask for id to somebody with no probable cause [and he in fact is a citizen], just simply to racially profile, we could sue the pants out of all police dept for practicing these prejudiced policys!
Loitering is probable cause so don't get your la raza lawyer yet. It has been for a long time; long before the illegal alien invasion; no profiling necessary.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,220,591 times
They dont arrest all the white pan handlers in el paso, why should you arrest these folks, what if their just chilling with 30 of their closest friends!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
They dont arrest all the white pan handlers in el paso, why should you arrest these folks, what if their just chilling with 30 of their closest friends!
What if they're not?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:58 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What's irrational is that it doesn't take account the reality of the situation. Provisions and actual wording of the bill, for this particular example. Basically, the fighting is much like Don Quixote fighting off windmills.

Back to the topic:

If a Contracter has to produce a license upon request why wouldn't the people working on the project have to produce documents showing they have a legal right to be working on that project? We aren't suggesting two sets of laws are we, one for Illegal law breakers and one for tax paying Americans?

Old 11-12-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Back to the topic:

If a Contracter has to produce a license upon request why wouldn't the people working on the project have to produce documents showing they have a legal right to be working on that project? We aren't suggesting two sets of laws are we, one for Illegal law breakers and one for tax paying Americans?
The quotation was in reference to your previous statement, thus now taken out of context.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:27 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The quotation was in reference to your previous statement, thus now taken out of context.
We digressed to the point of windmills, let's stay on topic.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
We digressed to the point of windmills, let's stay on topic.
No, I made a point that you had an irrational fear. It was on topic. The windmills serve as a metaphor. Keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration