Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:44 PM

411 posts, read 468,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, brotherhood means "fraternidad" in Spanish. Prove me wrong!

La Raza goes beyond helping to improve Latino lives in the U.S. They also advocate for illegal aliens who are mostly of their ethnic kind. They call anyone who objects to them or an amnesty, racists and xenophobes. Try telling the whole story of what they advocate for not just part of it.

Look it up again, the purest translation to brotherhood is "hermandad"...

Old 11-15-2009, 05:39 PM

277 posts, read 368,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Look it up again, the purest translation to brotherhood is "hermandad"...
While do English Only Speaking people try to translate spanish into literal english. Since they don't know how spanish works, they think they know what they are saying! LOL. See what happens when you don't take interest in learning another language, you think it works like english! WRONG.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well; it would behoove NCLR, MEChA, etc. to change their names to ones using the English language. LULAC is a good example.
Let's stop being Nazis and telling organizations what to name themselves.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"Brotherhood" still means the same thing in essence. It is only an advocacy group for one ethnic group so what is the difference? Look up the word brotherhood in the dictionary. I think that all race based groups should be banished. It just creates divisiness in our country. Brotherhood translated into Spanish is "fraternidad" not "raza". So it should be the NCLF not the NCLR for clarity.
Why? So you say Latinos should wait for their white American brothers and sisters to help them out. You folks can be such hypocrits. Then people cry out "they should help themselves get an education and do better as a people!". And when we do...you have a problem with it to. Make up your minds people...pick a side and stick to it.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benicar View Post
if the naacp aggressively advocated for amnesty for illegal aliens of the negroid race, and encourages them to protest and demand rights they have not earned, and vilified all who oppose them, i would consider them as repugnant as la raza. The naacp fought for rights for citizens of this country, not foreign invaders.
prove it.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:49 PM

51 posts, read 65,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Let's stop being Nazis and telling organizations what to name themselves.

In light of the fact that the "latino" racist ethnocentric groups (whose loyalty is to those of their race both legal (and illegal alien foreigners) are being funded with AMERICAN tax dollars, specifically mine, we have the right to demand anything we want, including questioning their right to exist on American soil and tax dollars.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktalon1 View Post
In light of the fact that the "latino" racist ethnocentric groups (whose loyalty is to those of their race legal (and illegal alien foreigners) are being funded with AMERICAN tax dollars, specifically mine, we have the right to demand anything we want, including questioning their right to exist on American soil and tax dollars.
Excuse me. Latino Americans have to answer to who? Give me a break. Until English is the OFFICIAL language of the United States of America (which it won't be thanks to freedom of speech)...you or anyone else can not tell ANYONE or ANY company, foundation, etc., what to NAME themselves. You have a problem with it...rally up the troops and convince congress to change the law! Until then....your argument has no validity.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
prove it.
Prove what?

Do me a favor. When you quote my posts, please don’t change my sentence structure. I do not begin a sentence without a capital letter. I also used caps for NAACP. Thank you.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Prove what?

Do me a favor. When you quote my posts, please don’t change my sentence structure. I do not begin a sentence without a capital letter. I also used caps for NAACP. Thank you.
Sorry Mrs. Grammar Professor. I will Double and triple check my spelling and grammar just to make sure I don't upset you.

Prove what? OMG...did you not make a claim, and now you don't know what that claim was? Read the post again, and that should help you answer your own question.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:01 PM

51 posts, read 65,164 times
Quote:
Excuse me. Latino Americans have to answer to who? Give me a break. Until English is the OFFICIAL language of the United States of America (which it won't be thanks to freedom of speech)...you or anyone else can not tell ANYONE or ANY company, foundation, etc., what to NAME themselves. You have a problem with it...rally up the troops and convince congress to change the law! Until then....your argument has no validity.
Nowhere in my statement did I say latino Americans have to answer to anyone. What I said is that the special interest ethnocentric racist latino groups being funded by American tax dollars who represent (legal latinos) and illegal latinos do so while sucking the teat of American taxpayers. This is not Mexico and we the American people have a right to know and approve or disapprove of what is being done with our tax dollars as well as demand that racists groups such of LaRaza not receive any of them.
Quote:
La Raza, founded in 1968 by Raul Yzaguirre, takes its name from “La Raza Cosmica,” a phrase coined by Mexican scholar Jose Vasconcelos. The English translation, and the first definition found in Spanish/English dictionaries, for “la raza” is “the race.” Contrary to La Raza’s contention that the phrase means “the people,” or “the community,” the Spanish for those phrases are “la gente,” and “la comunidad.”
In 2005, La Raza received $15.2 million in federal grant money for charter schools and get-out-the-vote campaigns and in 2006 got another $4 million in congressional earmarks for housing reform. The organization’s financial statements for 2008 show that it received another $5.1 million in federal grants, and holds assets worth $97.4 million. La Raza has received more than $30 million from the federal government since 1996.
The Council of La Raza arranged to have its voice included in congressional hearings by House and Senate leaders and garnered an extra $4 million in federal tax funds earmarked by an anonymous senator in 2007 while continuing to lobby for open borders, driver’s licenses for illegals, and amnesty leading to citizenship for all illegal immigrants in the country.
American Renaissance News: Sotomayor's La Raza Uses Taxpayer Money for Radical Agenda (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2009/06/sotomayors_la_r.php - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration