Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 AM

411 posts, read 468,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You losers may as well enjoy your moment in the sun, because the day is going to come when actual Americans will have had a real gut full of you.

Lady, pleeeeease, this is a very hateful statement, yes I am very happy Dobbs, the big xenophobic was fired, he was the source of too much negativity, that falling in the ears of ignorants could be an explosive mix, in fact he may have made you a worse person, by fueling yet more hate into your soul, but by no means we should make a worse situation out of it, now without his poisonous imput you may become a better person, no matter what, I love you, and if you ever need anything from me , I will not hesitate to give it to you, remember, god is watching us.......

Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktalon1 View Post
Nowhere in my statement did I say latino Americans have to answer to anyone. What I said is that the special interest ethnocentric racist latino groups being funded by American tax dollars who represent (legal latinos) and illegal latinos do so while sucking the teat of American taxpayers. This is not Mexico and we the American people have a right to know and approve or disapprove of what is being done with our tax dollars as well as demand that racists groups such of LaRaza not receive any of them.
Where do you get your information?

National Council of La Raza is in deed "people". John is correct. What you translate from English to Spanish is not always the correct meaning. Futhermore, why would Sotomayor be interested in an organization specifically for Mexico when she is Puerto Rican? The organization is not for Mexicans, nor for Mexico. It is for Hispanics (a definition given to us by the US). The organization was not founded by the guy you mentioned. It was founded by Dr. Julian Samora, Hernan Gallegos and Dr. Ernesto Galarza.

NCLR is indeed the same as NAACP. Not to be confused with LRUP.

Quote:
La Raza, founded in 1968 by Raul Yzaguirre, takes its name from “La Raza Cosmica,” a phrase coined by Mexican scholar Jose Vasconcelos. The English translation, and the first definition found in Spanish/English dictionaries, for “la raza” is “the race.” Contrary to La Raza’s contention that the phrase means “the people,” or “the community,” the Spanish for those phrases are “la gente,” and “la comunidad.”
In 2005, La Raza received $15.2 million in federal grant money for charter schools and get-out-the-vote campaigns and in 2006 got another $4 million in congressional earmarks for housing reform. The organization’s financial statements for 2008 show that it received another $5.1 million in federal grants, and holds assets worth $97.4 million. La Raza has received more than $30 million from the federal government since 1996.
The Council of La Raza arranged to have its voice included in congressional hearings by House and Senate leaders and garnered an extra $4 million in federal tax funds earmarked by an anonymous senator in 2007 while continuing to lobby for open borders, driver’s licenses for illegals, and amnesty leading to citizenship for all illegal immigrants in the country.
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives...r.php]American Renaissance News: Sotomayor's La Raza Uses Taxpayer Money for Radical Agenda
The ideologies of "La Raza Cosmica" that are very much preached by Raza Unida Party. It is completely different than NCLR.

La Raza Unida Party

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/g...asp?grpid=6781

The begining stages and formation of NCLR

National Council of La Raza: About NCLR: Detailed History: Detailed History/SWCLR (http://www.nclr.org/section/about/history/history_formation_swclr/ - broken link)

The difference between the two...

Guanabee | National Council Of La Raza Is Not La Raza Unida Party, You Eediot

I really dont care if people keep preaching it is a racist organization. I really dont see the difference between NCLR and NAACP.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
I really like how much off topic this thread has gone ..
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration