Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 10:01 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
I'm originally from Venezuela. I completely dislike this politically correctness bullcrap that many public and private enterprises have taken. As a latino myself, I think that Lou Dobbs is entitled to his own opinion. He is a patriot not a racist. Therefore, there is nothing wrong about it. He is just concerned about the attacks on the sovereingty of this nation. If you are a foreign born latino, then you know that in our countries of origin; we could not do the things we do in this nation period.. The hypocrisy from several latino organizations such as "La Raza" makes me sick. What is this country supposed to do? Let everyone in? If our goal as latinos is to convert this nation into a resemblance of what we left, then why aren't we back where we came from? We left South and Central America for a reason and willingly...didn't we? If I stayed in your house as your guest, and decided to change the rules of your house and do whatever I wanted, wouldn't you feel offended and threatened? If you agree, then what makes you think that it should be any different when it comes to the sovereingty of a nation? This idiotic and backwards mentality that you are supposed to defend your culture makes no sense to me. A nation is your home, our home, and as such we are supposed to protect it; whether we are born in the U.S. or not. That is what Lou Dobbs has been doing for years. He has been defending the inneliable rights, as an American and as a human being.

On the other hand, what infuriates me about the entire illegal issue is that most Latinos are being used. Latinos have not figured out that certain interests in this nation are not supporting the cause, but rather using latinos to vulcanize the nation. In the meantime, the issues that matter the most are being ignored by the people of the country. Complete propaganda, yet we have fallen for it. And when I say we....I'm including whites, black, asians, and latinos. Latinos make way too much noise for the little power we actually have. Instead, why don't we educate ourselves? And while at it, why don't we try to become Americans, so we can finally be proud of something instead of repudiating it?

I would make it a requirement for immigrants to learn English, learn American History, and demonstrate loyalty for this nation. In my house, English is spoken at all times. We do not watch Spanish TV, and we do not engage in these type of political activities that may hinder the sovereingty of this nation. The day I decide to speak Spanish, watch Spanish TV, and fully engage in the cultural vision of latinos, I will pack my crap and leave the country. Last but not least, I will insert a quote of Theodore Roosevelt. One of the greatest presidents this nation ever had.

"We should insist that if the immigrant
who comes here does in good faith become an
American and assimilates himself to us he shall be
treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is
an outrage to discriminate against any such man
because of creed or birth-place or origin.
But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in
very fact an American and nothing but an American. If
he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin
and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't
doing his part as an American. There can be no divided
allegiance here. . . We have room for but one language
here, and that is the English language, for we intend to
see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans,
of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a
polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one
soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people".
AMEN!!! Being the direct descendent of Japanese Immigrants, I absolutely agree 100 % with what you have said!!

Old 11-14-2009, 10:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Anti-American???, no one loves this country more than I do, this is the place where I prospered, I have a large amount of friends from all races, the only group of people that I don't respect in general are the recists/xenophobes like Lou Dobbs, they need to understand that they are a minority and they are no longer accepted by the mainstream......
Quote:
Hey Einstein, care to define La Raza for us in English, you uneducated Anti-American?

La Raza = The Race...

You are the racist that now looks foolish.

Which proves to us your uneducated blurb was the sign you are racist and has nothing to do with illegal aliens. You have a racist agenda, nothing to do with immigration.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:32 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,064,233 times
Quote:
This idiotic and backwards mentality that you are supposed to defend your culture makes no sense to me. A nation is your home, our home, and as such we are supposed to protect it; whether we are born in the U.S. or not. That is what Lou Dobbs has been doing for years. He has been defending the inneliable rights, as an American and as a human being.

I would make it a requirement for immigrants to learn English, learn American History, and demonstrate loyalty for this nation. In my house, English is spoken at all times. We do not watch Spanish TV, and we do not engage in these type of political activities that may hinder the sovereingty of this nation. The day I decide to speak Spanish, watch Spanish TV, and fully engage in the cultural vision of latinos, I will pack my crap and leave the country. Last but not least, I will insert a quote of Theodore Roosevelt. One of the greatest presidents this nation ever had.
How come if you assimilated sooo much and embraced the American culture and history, your screen name is a River/region in Venezuela. The least you could have done is put it in English, Amazon or Amazon River.

You are off topic anyways, this is about Lou Dobbs/illegal immigration not about assimilation.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:44 AM

238 posts, read 729,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
How come if you assimilated sooo much and embraced the American culture and history, your screen name is a River/region in Venezuela. The least you could have done is put it in English, Amazon or Amazon River.

You are off topic anyways, this is about Lou Dobbs/illegal immigration not about assimilation.
Because one thing is identy and something else is assimilation. You do not forget where you come from nor you pretend to. Using a name does not compare at all to actually rally and become an activist for a cause that has no benefit whatsoever. Just so you know, I'm a naturalized American. When I recevied the court order to change my name I did not do it...why? Because beign American is not about changing your name, but changing your ways in your new homeland. But I guess that is bit too deep for you to understand.

In regards of the topic, read my entire post again. I said, Lou Dobbs is not a racist but a patriot and I expanded on the topic. I guess you need to improve your reading compehension skills.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Because one thing is identy and something else is assimilation. You do not forget where you come from nor you pretend to. Using a name does not compare at all to actually rally and become an activist for a cause that has no benefit whatsoever. Just so you know, I'm a naturalized American. When I recevied the court order to change my name I did not do it...why? Because beign American is not about changing your name, but changing your ways in your new homeland. But I guess that is bit too deep for you to understand.

In regards of the topic, read my entire post again. I said, Lou Dobbs is not a racist but a patriot and I expanded on the topic. I guess you need to improve your reading compehension skills.
Save your lectures about reading comprehension for your own profile. Make up your mind, Spanish or no Spanish. Your profile includes a very tacky, distasteful and vulgar phrase in Spanish which literally means defecating on the Eucharist(Catholic sacrament) ... or was that before you came from Venezuela and assimilated the English language?

Quote:

Old 11-14-2009, 02:57 PM

238 posts, read 729,188 times
Quote:
Save your lectures about reading comprehension for your own profile. Make up your mind, Spanish or no Spanish. Your profile includes a very tacky, distasteful and vulgar phrase in Spanish which literally means defecating on the Eucharist(Catholic sacrament) ... or was that before you came from Venezuela and assimilated the English language?

Save your lectures about my profile. Which reminds me that the saying in my profile is intended for hypocrites like you. Because those hypocrites I left behind would be the only one to understand what it says, but not what it means. Not only I would defecate in the "Eucharistic Sacrament" I would defecate in the entire Vatican city if the opportunity was given to me. But isn't that what this country is all about? Freedom of expression? Ohh I forgot, you don't have a clue of what that means. By the way, before or after Venezuela is unimportant. What I can see is your complete ignorance. It is a saying used in a particular country, I will let you do your homework and will let you find out what it really means. So, instead of looking to deep in my profile which is irrelevant, why don't you debate about the topic in question?

Last edited by Amazonas; 11-14-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Old 11-14-2009, 03:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
And what is wrong with a person using a non English phrase as their nic?

Old 11-14-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Ohh I forgot, you don't have a clue of what that means. What I can see is your complete ignorance. It is a saying used in a particular country, I will let you do your homework and will let you find out what it really means.
LOL you think you impress me with your knowledge? I don't need to do any homework, I was in that country last week, and I have been there many, many times and I'm quite familiar with their culture, not just with the profanity used in Pedro Almodovar's movies. There are better things to borrow from other cultures that vulgar phrases and profanity.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:34 PM

335 posts, read 328,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Dobbs will wind up on FOX News along with the other rabid xenephobes there!
If you consider them to be rabid xenophobes, then the country of Mexico is filled with extremely rabid xenophobes.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:37 PM

335 posts, read 328,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Lou Dobbs who is a racist pig that looks like a pig, was fired like a pig.....
I wonder if Lou Dobbs' Mexican wife thinks he's a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration