Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 01:26 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times

Advertisements

Rigo Padilla, a 21 year old was stopped by police and turned over to ICE. At the age of six, he was brought over by his mother, to join his father...illegally. The US, is the only country he knows.

Quote:
"I've been here all my life. This is my home. All I have is my education. To be separated from my family, from my friends and from that education would be devastating to me," said Padilla, a 21-year-old University of Illinois at Chicago student who dreams of becoming an attorney.
Luckly, his college profesor advocated for him and the City Council committee is in support of his stay until congress passes the DREAM act.

Quote:
Human Relations Committee Chairman Helen Shiller (46th) responded: "You're referring to a minor traffic violation as a mistake that you made. But you're being punished for something that occurred when you were 6, so I don't think you can be responsible."
The voice of reason...

Illegal immigrant earns support of City Council committee to stay :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: News (http://www.suntimes.com/news/1884094,CST-NWS-immig14.article - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Rigo Padilla, a 21 year old was stopped by police and turned over to ICE. At the age of six, he was brought over by his mother, to join his father...illegally. The US, is the only country he knows.

Luckly, his college profesor advocated for him and the City Council committee is in support of his stay until congress passes the DREAM act.

The voice of reason...

Illegal immigrant earns support of City Council committee to stay :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: News (http://www.suntimes.com/news/1884094,CST-NWS-immig14.article - broken link)
He knew his own homeland for 6 years! Children are often uprooted and move with their parents because of job changes, etc. It isn't traumatic for them.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
On Jan. 18, Padilla was driving home from watching a football playoff game on TV after having a few beers with friends when he was arrested. He was charged with driving under the influence after being accused of rolling through a stop sign.
Let’s hope he doesn’t “roll through” another stop sign and kill someone while he's driving drunk with no regard for the safety of others. But, what can we expect from people who have no respect for our laws, or the citizens of this country. He should be deported, along with his illegal parents.

Next, they’ll want legalization for illegal alien ID thieves who entered this country as children. Perhaps they’ll call it the BIFS Act. . . Borrowing Identification For Survival. No doubt, they too would receive support from illegal alien advocates.

BTW, I thought a requirement for the DREAM Act is “good moral character.”

Old 11-15-2009, 11:00 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
So in other words, if you are an illegal immigrant with connections you can flaunt the law.

It is so good to see the principles of justice and equality under the law being upheld so well.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Lets see. He was caught driving drunk. And this is the type of illegal that we should grant amnesty? Caught while knowing he was illegal. Wants to be a lawyer and yet has no issue breaking laws?
What happened to most illegals go out of their way not to be noticed? What happened to they are law abiding citizens? I guess thats true only until they get caught. So in this case he was stopped before his drunk driving harmed anyone else.
Why does this story have the stench of yet another its not my fault story?
Deport his drunk driving azz .

Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,799 times
Yep.. Caught Drunk Driving and rolling through a red light, really merits being "Citizen of the Year", doesn't it?

Old 11-15-2009, 11:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yep.. Caught Drunk Driving and rolling through a red light, really merits being "Citizen of the Year", doesn't it?
I work in a huge factory. 3000 employees. So I know quite a few people.
Every person I know that got tagged for DUI all seem to say they really were not all that drunk and that the cops pulled them over for no reason. Made something up. 1 guy parked his car on a persons front porch when he lost control. He said it was cops fault. They startled him and he lost control.
Yes drunk drivers are all runners up for citizen of the year.
As I have said before. Rewarding criminal behavior is always wrong.
In this case a drunk driving illegal is being rewarded by having people fight to get him legalized.
Zac you made my point with this thread. I admire your desire to help those you feel are less fortunate and or abused. I simply feel that your loyalties are misplaced. No one was injured this time. That is more luck than anything else.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:09 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
I have no sympathy for him if he was drinking and driving. I don't even understand why some advocates are sticking up for this guy.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I have no sympathy for him if he was drinking and driving. I don't even understand why some advocates are sticking up for this guy.
This is precisely what we have been saying. Some pro-illegals defend and condone ALL behavior of illegal aliens. Yet, all opposition to this type of behavior is deemed racism. It has really gotten out of control, and it clearly illustrates that many who support illegal immigration have an agenda that has nothing whatsoever to do with humanitarianism.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:34 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post

The voice of reason...

Why should he be separated from his family? Aren't they being deported too? They can all stay together in their own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration