Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:25 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
Let me clarify again then since my use of "meaning" was not clear.

In order to become a naturalized citizen in this country, you must be able to read, write and speak English and you must renounce your previous homeland and you must take an oath of allegiance to the United States of America. And no, I do not watch The Simpsons.
Alright, so I guess my question is what's your point?

Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Now I’m confused. I thought the “immigrants” came here in search of the American Dream -- in other words, to become “Americans.”
Where did you get this idea? This isn't the case at all for the majority of immigrants I know.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
Why white folks only? there are blacks in this country do you think only whites are Americans?

I am a black American and proud to be an American and Black

you have not listened to the news and the studies

No need to be taken over by another country we will be taken over by the growing numbers of hispanics in this country

check it out is been all over the news
Unless we annex at least part of Mexico; I scarcely see the USA being 'taken over' by Hispanics demographically. Between their declining birthrate and growing forced deportations of the illegal ones; where are the bodies?

Old 11-18-2009, 03:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Where did you get this idea? This isn't the case at all for the majority of immigrants I know.
So why do they want citizenship, if they have no desire to become an American? They can remain in their country of origin if they want to remain whatever nationality they were.
Yes, I have heard advocates for illegal aliens claim that they are seeking the “American Dream,” and, that it is their God-given right to do so.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Memo to the illegal aliens----------scram! We don't want your kind.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM

309 posts, read 427,927 times
http://www.uscis.gov/files/testimony...ony_040104.pdf

This lists the oath as of 2004. Maybe it has changed...if so please let me know as I would like to have a current copy.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/testimony/aguilar_testimony_040104.pdf
The current Oath of Renunciation and Allegiance appears in Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations
Sec. 337.1 Oath of allegiance.

I hereby declare, on oath,
that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure
all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty,
of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;
that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States
when required by law;
that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction
when required by the law;
and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of
evasion;
so help me God.

Last edited by SDBorn; 11-18-2009 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 11-18-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
http://www.uscis.gov/files/testimony...ony_040104.pdf

This lists the oath as of 2004. Maybe it has changed...if so please let me know as I would like to have a current copy.

[SIZE=3]http://www.uscis.gov/files/testimony/aguilar_testimony_040104.pdf[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The current Oath of Renunciation and Allegiance appears in Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Sec. 337.1 Oath of allegiance.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I hereby declare, on oath,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]against all enemies, foreign and domestic;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]when required by law;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]when required by the law;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]evasion;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]so help me God.[/SIZE]
Great, now what was the point of bringing that up in the first place?

Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
Why white folks only? there are blacks in this country do you think only whites are Americans?

I am a black American and proud to be an American and Black

you have not listened to the news and the studies

No need to be taken over by another country we will be taken over by the growing numbers of hispanics in this country

check it out is been all over the news
Because you said Americans are going to be in the minority in 6 years. How could "Americans" possibly be in the minority in 6 years because if you are in this country as a natural born citizen OR naturalized citizen you are an American regardless of your "race" or "color". The point is you can be a black, red, white, yellow American....so what in the world did you mean by your statement that Americans will be in the minority in 6 years? Please clarify what you've heard all over the news and list a link or post a source. Thanks much.

Last edited by SDBorn; 11-18-2009 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Memo to the illegal aliens----------scram! We don't want your kind.
At least you can always be counted upon to provide us with an irrelevant punchline. Kudos to you for that.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Great, now what was the point of bringing that up in the first place?
Please accept my sincere and humble apology. I was attempting to make my point to DulceJ that there is indeed an oath you must take when becoming a naturalized citizen because he challenged me on it. I'm sorry.

Last edited by SDBorn; 11-18-2009 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration