Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
Why white folks only? there are blacks in this country do you think only whites are Americans?

I am a black American and proud to be an American and Black

you have not listened to the news and the studies

No need to be taken over by another country we will be taken over by the growing numbers of hispanics in this country

check it out is been all over the news
Perhaps you didn’t word it as intended, because you said that “Americans” would be in the minority in 6 years. I am an American, and I am not white.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:00 PM

883 posts, read 519,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unless we annex at least part of Mexico; I scarcely see the USA being 'taken over' by Hispanics demographically. Between their declining birthrate and growing forced deportations of the illegal ones; where are the bodies?
will shall see when the census is taken in 2010

Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps you didn’t word it as intended, because you said that “Americans” would be in the minority in 6 years. I am an American, and I am not white.
maybe I did word it wrong

I meant to say all Americans white black yellow or green are going to be the minorities in about 6 years

I am not white

Old 11-18-2009, 04:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
It's been all over the news
and recent studies in approx 6 years "We the Americans in this country" will become the minority.

To your other question I do not have the answer
Really, I watch the news all the time and I have heard nothing of this nonsense. Are you saying that immigrants are going to outnumber citizens in 6 years? You're kidding right? Is this some of of joke? You do realize that our citizen population is close to 300 million don't you?

Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
i live IN LA. where you would think that its all spanish. thats not the case. we have had waves of all languages.

aside from english, korean, japanese, spanish, tagalog, etc etc, when i board the blue line metro i hear french, german, swedish.

i hear this from residents as well as tourists.

its not just spanish (as some would erroneously believe)

and spanish was part of the south west before illegal immigration.

californias constitution was written in spanish and english.
lots of areas through out the history of the US have seen plenty of german, italian, polish and spanish speakers.

the waves continue. the spanish wave has just continued for a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is about non-assimilation from Hispanic citizens and having to listen to it all day long from one particular ethnic group. It is a constant reminder of the number of illegal aliens that are here from south of our border. It is like pouring salt in an already festered wound. It is about living in the U.S. but feeling like you are living in Mexico instead. I can't make it any plainer than that.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:20 PM

arent hispanics "american" also?

Quote:

I meant to say all Americans white black yellow or green are going to be the minorities in about 6 years

I am not white

Old 11-18-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:

I am not white
Got a viable link to that? So you are saying that the brown Mestizos are going to be the majority in six years. Hate to break this to you but the earliest predictions of that is around 2040 or 50. Within that time frame they will mate with other races in this country so the majority will be half and half, not just brown.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i live IN LA. where you would think that its all spanish. thats not the case. we have had waves of all languages.

aside from english, korean, japanese, spanish, tagalog, etc etc, when i board the blue line metro i hear french, german, swedish.

i hear this from residents as well as tourists.

its not just spanish (as some would erroneously believe)

and spanish was part of the south west before illegal immigration.

californias constitution was written in spanish and english.
lots of areas through out the history of the US have seen plenty of german, italian, polish and spanish speakers.

the waves continue. the spanish wave has just continued for a bit longer.
Funny, where I live in So. Calif. and all other cities close by I hardly ever hear Swedish, German, French, etc. unless I go to Disneyland or some other tourist trap. All I ever hear is Spanish as a foreign language being spoken in normal public places. I couldn't care less about Spanish being part of the southwest at one time. English is our national language. Deal!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Funny, where I live in So. Calif. and all other cities close by I hardly ever hear Swedish, German, French, etc. unless I go to Disneyland or some other tourist trap. All I ever hear is Spanish as a foreign language being spoken in normal public places. I couldn't care less about Spanish being part of the southwest at one time. English is our national language. Deal!
national yes

official Nope I wonder why?

Old 11-18-2009, 04:38 PM

deal with what?

it seems you are the one with the problem.

i aint complaining.

again,
I LIVE IN LA
I TAKE PT
I HEAR DIFFERENT LANGUAGES DAILY

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration