Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:06 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times

Advertisements

They come here because they "have" to, they leave because they "have" to. There is no difference and that baloney about ripping families apart, it's laughable. They left family to come here in most cases without ever thinking of reuniting.

It's a step up from tribal culture. In parts of Africa a man's wealth is defined by how many wives and children he has. I don't see much of a difference in men of many of these cultures that come here illegally. It's obviously not a big deal for them to start up another family like it's nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Insensitive people...

I have said it time and time again. It is very possible to be against the legalization of illegal immigrant and it is okay.

Many of you sound so insensitive, hateful and it is very sad. Have we lost that wonderful character of human quality?

Many immigrants come here because it is survival to them. They leave their mothers and fathers and even siblings whom they dont even know because years and years have passed since they left their country.

A man who had not seen his mother in 15 years reunited with her at that location. They could not touch at all, they just smiled and cried. He has US children with a US citizen and if he would be deported, he could not support his children on the other side.

I'm not asking that you change your mind about illegal immigration but that at least you open your mind to not just the physical drain from hard labor they endure, the emotional abuse some endure from their employers but also the emotional struggles of not being able to see the parents and an over all obligation to support their families at the same time.
Many citizens only see their loved ones through screens, and are prohibited from having physical contact. Why? Because they have violated our laws, and must suffer the consequences. If foreigners abide by our laws, they will have the freedom to visit their families back home. Those who choose to ignore our laws, are not, and should not, be entitled to that privilege.

I have much compassion in my heart. However, I have no compassion for illegal aliens. They made their beds. They make no attempt to improve their lives; rather, rely on another country and its taxpayers. We are tired of being used.

Furthermore, their arrogance and sense of entitlement will not garner much sympathy. They can’t expect compassion while they flaunt their illegality, and thumb their noses at the citizens of this country. They even have the audacity to DEMAND legalization while they abuse our generosity. As the old adage states, “You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration