Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 AM

276 posts, read 748,046 times

Advertisements

Have any of you gone to the site to check out who is entitled to apply for the US Green Card Lottery? I think you may open your eyes. The very people that your Country makes you fear are at the top of the list to enter your country! What do you think is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 10:30 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,852,619 times
They have to be from countries with a low rate of immigration to the USA. What was your point again?

I have no idea who YOU fear most. Please elucidate.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
They have to be from countries with a low rate of immigration to the USA. What was your point again?

I have no idea who YOU fear most. Please elucidate.
Their top lottery is going to those of the middle east etc...the people that the US citizens are supposed to fear the most and if you filled out the application for it, which only takes a few seconds state you're from somewhere like UK with low rate of immigrants to US then it provides you with a list of the the countries you're accepting from!

Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM

I'm not totally sure from what you're saying that you have the correct link to the diversity lottery (so called) info - as far as I am aware the UK (except for northern Ireland) is NOT on the list of countries allowed to enter the 2011 lottery as their immigration to the USA was more than 50k over the last 5 years.

The lottery application takes FAR longer than "a few seconds" to fill out, trust me - I suggest you read the REAL info at this Dept of State website http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions.pdf - along with the full instructions and criteria on the second page is a link to a full list of eligible countries. I don't see a "top lottery going to those of the middle east".

In case you're not aware there are only 50,000 diversity lottery visas awarded in any year.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I'm not totally sure from what you're saying that you have the correct link to the diversity lottery (so called) info - as far as I am aware the UK (except for northern Ireland) is NOT on the list of countries allowed to enter the 2011 lottery as their immigration to the USA was more than 50k over the last 5 years.

The lottery application takes FAR longer than "a few seconds" to fill out, trust me - I suggest you read the REAL info at this Dept of State website http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions.pdf - along with the full instructions and criteria on the second page is a link to a full list of eligible countries. I don't see a "top lottery going to those of the middle east".

In case you're not aware there are only 50,000 diversity lottery visas awarded in any year.
I have filled out the online lottery and was turned down. Perhaps someone has misunderstood what I am saying. One of the contributors has stated that the lottery is for those that have low immigration to the US. I am from a country with very low immigration to the US. The UK also has low immigration to the US. Why is it that the middle east countries have such clear access to the US when the US government is instilling fear into it's citizens about people from the mid east? and laying claim that other countries are not doing enough security wise to protect the borders etc. I'm from a country that poses not threat to the US law abiding and can't get in! The online lottery does only take a few seconds to fill out before a page shows up and tells you whether you would qualify to continue!

Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM

You were "turned down" because as a Canadian you are not from one of the eligible countries, I assume. If you had READ what I posted the UK is also not eligible (EXCEPT northern ireland) - This is because these places do NOT have what is regarded as "low level of immigration to the USA" - how hard is that to understand?

I have NO idea what weird site you're going to to try to "apply" but I can tell you it's not an official site - Here is what the OFFICIAL documents re the diversity lottery application say -

For DV-2011, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply because the countries sent a total of more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the previous five years: BRAZIL, CANADA, CHINA (mainland-born), COLOMBIA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, EL SALVADOR, GUATEMALA, HAITI, INDIA, JAMAICA, MEXICO, PAKISTAN, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, SOUTH KOREA, UNITED KINGDOM (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and VIETNAM

Hope that clears it up for you

Last edited by Opyelie; 01-26-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration