Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:47 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times

Advertisements

My first thread and I hope it's ok to post this.

I am a poet and wrote a poem called "I Was Born In American" one day last week while sitting here reading. The poem is relevant to this discussion.
Anyone who cares to read it can go here - City~Data Poetry Garden - Writing - Books, authors, composition, publishers, editors, novels, print, poetry... - Page 2 - City-Data Forum
it's the last post (or#57) with two poems. The poem is the second one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 04:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Tulani that is a beautiful poem. And yes it certainly belongs in this forum. Thank you for allowing the rest of of to enjoy it.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Tulani that is a beautiful poem. And yes it certainly belongs in this forum. Thank you for allowing the rest of of to enjoy it.
Thank you.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:13 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
You're a much gentler soul than I, perhaps some will finally understand. Thank you.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
You're a much gentler soul than I, perhaps some will finally understand. Thank you.
One can only hope.
You're welcome...
and Thanks.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post

I am a poet and wrote a poem called "I Was Born In American" one day last week while sitting here reading. The poem is relevant to this discussion.
Anyone who cares to read it can go here - City~Data Poetry Garden - Writing - Books, authors, composition, publishers, editors, novels, print, poetry... - Page 2 - City-Data Forum

Very Very excellent poem, with good wording and poetry in motion. My daughter has had 10 of her poems published in the INTERNATIONAL LIBRARY OF FAMOUS POETRY, this poem could easiy be one in that book. She has been a poet since she was little, her first poem was published in the INTERNATIONAL LIBRARY OF FAMOUS POETRY when she was only 15 years old, and every year they wanted her to enter the contest, and she would win again. Your good with your words, and true to your spirit, keep it up. She is not a poet for a living, just something she likes to do. I like and respect your poetry it has truth to it.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:12 AM

706 posts, read 939,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your oh so wrong, that was very very good. My daughter has her poetry in the International Library of Poetry, she has about 10 in there. This could easily be one that would be in this book. Great wording and so true to spirit. I don't know why you say it is terrible, That was an extremely excellent poem, with excellent points.
I really wouldn't worry about anything that l&p posts...She is only trying to increase her reps....not add any substance. She is anothing more than a "grammar nazi" here......

Tulani did good....

BL

Old 01-24-2010, 12:18 AM

Moderator cut: orphaned - the post you were quoting was removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Very Very excellent poem, with good wording and poetry in motion. My daughter has had 10 of her poems published in the INTERNATIONAL LIBRARY OF FAMOUS POETRY, this poem could easiy be one in that book. She has been a poet since she was little, her first poem was published in the INTERNATIONAL LIBRARY OF FAMOUS POETRY when she was only 15 years old, and every year they wanted her to enter the contest, and she would win again. Your good with your words, and true to your spirit, keep it up. She is not a poet for a living, just something she likes to do. I like and respect your poetry it has truth to it.
Thank you very much.
Good for your daughter. Hope she keeps writing poetry - it might not be something everyone wants to read, but it does bring pleasure to some.
I had my first poem published when I was in college and it was one I wrote when I was 10 years old. I've always written poetry and actually got permission to write a poem for my English 101 final exam in college. The teacher liked it so much that he asked if he could have a copy to use in future classes.

To keep this on forum topic ...
I do have another poem about illegal immigration if anyone cares.

Last edited by Yac; 01-25-2010 at 06:13 AM..

Old 01-24-2010, 09:13 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post

Very nice, tulani. I am sure it will strike a nerve with the pro-illegals though.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:37 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
I thought it was an excelent poem.
How it captured the fear and angst of the little man.

his fight and struggle against muti-national corporations
he believes that out to cause his demise.

How he is fraught with anxiety as he contemplates the
ever changing compsition of a world he once new.

The betrayal of Politicos that have forsaken him for the
the limelight and the allmighty dollar.

good job ol man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration