Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

Migrants struggling for work in Texas return to Mexico as a burden | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Headline | International News

"...the returning emigrants add to the strain on the community, Cadena said.

"We don't have enough room in our schools, much less bilingual teachers, as some students arrive speaking English, and they can't fit in," she said..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Migrants struggling for work in Texas return to Mexico as a burden | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Headline | International News

"We don't have enough room in our schools, much less bilingual teachers, as some students arrive speaking English, and they can't fit in," she said..."
Ain't life a <you know what>, Mexico.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Give em' a taste of their own medicine.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:52 AM

50,271 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post

So, interesting scenerio here.

Two Mexican Nationals sneak across the border and have a child(at our expense but that is another outrage). They don't speak any English (or hardly any) yet somehow manage to raise this child in this hostile English speaking environment.

I'm sorry but that math just doesn't add up. How do they communicate with their English speaking little darling? Sign language? Who's lying here? This lie is being spread over and over just like the "breaking up families" bs we keep hearing about. The breakup of the family starts when one of the criminals takes point and crosses our border.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 02-03-2010 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: too early, need coffee

Old 02-03-2010, 06:00 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
The hypocrisy never ends. Mexico is gifted at telling us what we need to do to facilitate their citizens in this country illegally but can't seem to manage their own problems.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:05 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, interesting scenerio here.

Two Mexican Nationals sneak across the border and have a child(at our expense but that is another outrage). They don't speak any English (or hardly any) yet somehow manage to raise this child in this hostile English speaking environment.

I'm sorry but that math just doesn't add up. How do they communicate with thier English speaking little darling? Sign language? Who's lying here? This lie is being spread over and over just like the "breaking up families" bs we keep hearing about. The breakup of the family starts when one of the criminals takes point and crosses our border.
That’s an excellent question. I have often wondered the same.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:08 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
How does a child grow up in a spanish speaking family and not learn spanish? How did the child learn english?
oh I get it. osmosis.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How does a child grow up in a spanish speaking family and not learn spanish? How did the child learn english?
oh I get it. osmosis.
Anyone with common sense realizes children learn what they live. Children raised by Spanish-speaking parents will naturally learn the language. When my son was a toddler, I would point to his eyes, nose, mouth, ears, etc. and tell him in English the words to describe each body part. His daycare provider taught him the alphabet and how to count, again, in English. Likewise, his dad would deliberately speak to him in Spanish. Guess what? He learned BOTH languages.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 AM

50,271 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
oh I get it. osmosis.
Star Trek mind meld

Wait, I think I have mail, my ears are shaking. bzzzztttt

Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
The leader of this community has a message for its native sons and daughters who work in Texas and dream of returning home: Don't do it. You'll regret it.
It's the leader who regrets it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration