Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,502,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced Wednesday the arrests of 476 gang members, associates and other criminals. Agents seized 47 firearms as part of Project Big Freeze, an intensive ICE-led law enforcement operation executed in 83 cities across the country focusing on gangs with ties to drug trafficking organizations.

"Project Big Freeze is the largest nationwide ICE-led enforcement operation targeting transnational gangs with ties to drug trafficking organizations," said Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary for ICE John Morton. "Through gang enforcement operations like Project Big Freeze, ICE continues to target and dismantle transnational gangs to rid our streets not only of drug dealers, but the violence associated with the drug trade."

Of those arrested, 151 were U.S. citizens and 366 were foreign nationals and face deportation either now or when their criminal prosecution is complete. In addition, ICE agents arrested another 41 individuals on administrative immigration violations.
476 gang members, associates and other criminals were put on ICE during Project Big Freeze (http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/1001/100127washingtondc.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 01:52 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,029,968 times
This is precisely what I meant Benicar when I said that there are dysfunctional families in every country and legal status has nothing to do with it. Your opinion is that a bad side about illegal immigration is gangs. Well the article you provided said ICE arrested 366 illegals. For a check in 83 cities, it is fairly low to me. 366 is not even half of my high school class when I graduated. This is to show that gang activity is not an immigration thing. Most illegal immigrants come here to work.

As a matter of fact in most of the families I know, including my extended family, it has been the rule that whenever someone is beggining to "hangout" with the wrong crowd, the parents send them back to Mexico to reform. It has worked every time.

BTW, I'm glad ICE deported these gangsters. This is trully what they should be focusing on-violent offenders.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:29 AM

3,876 posts, read 3,856,885 times
They need to step this up.From people I spoke to that have relatives in Central America they are seeing a huge increase in Southern California Latino Style Gangbangers there, proof positive that Illegals not only come here to work.It seems that some children of illegals that come here,instead of using the positive opportunities instead imulate the local idiot cholo lifestyle and when deported bring it back with them.The legal system is quite different in their homelands and hopefully they meet their just rewards.The last thing we need here is more hardened gang bangers.This is the very reason we have Immigration Laws and why when illegals break the law by coming here we have no control over weeding out the undesirebles.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
They need to step this up.From people I spoke to that have relatives in Central America they are seeing a huge increase in Southern California Latino Style Gangbangers there, proof positive that Illegals not only come here to work.It seems that some children of illegals that come here,instead of using the positive opportunities instead imulate the local idiot cholo lifestyle and when deported bring it back with them.The legal system is quite different in their homelands and hopefully they meet their just rewards.The last thing we need here is more hardened gang bangers.This is the very reason we have Immigration Laws and why when illegals break the law by coming here we have no control over weeding out the undesirebles.
I can agree with you that the last thing we need is more gang members. We already deal with enough here... In fact the majority. Most prisons in California are packed with American gangsters like the Crips, Bloods, Surenos and Nortenos. Like many others. Again, most illegal immigrants are hare to work.

I wish "antialphabet" our gang expert would be here to set the record straight.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:06 AM

3,876 posts, read 3,856,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I can agree with you that the last thing we need is more gang members. We already deal with enough here... In fact the majority. Most prisons in California are packed with American gangsters like the Crips, Bloods, Surenos and Nortenos. Like many others. Again, most illegal immigrants are hare to work.

Yes unfotunately the majority of the gangbangers in prison are Americans,Too bad there is no quick fix there.With Illegal alien gangbangers there is those with priors and those currently incarcerated can simply be deported and should be immediately.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yes unfotunately the majority of the gangbangers in prison are Americans,Too bad there is no quick fix there.With Illegal alien gangbangers there is those with priors and those currently incarcerated can simply be deported and should be immediately.
I completely agree. Any violent offender needs to be deported ASAP.

What a joke, 366 out of 12 million. An immigration problem? I don't think so.

Last edited by zacatecana; 01-28-2010 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: Add

Old 01-28-2010, 04:52 AM

258 posts, read 446,678 times
Default There are other gangs in America that are not Mexican Imigrants

New Low Riders - White
Origins: First organized as a gang in the early to mid-1970s among inmates housed by the California Youth Authority, the state agency responsible for the incarceration and parole supervision of juvenile and young adult offenders.
Ideology: White supremacy
Location: Primarily Southern California, also scattered among other states, including Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois
Criminal activity : Narcotics trafficking, murder, assault
Affiliation: Aryan Brotherhood, various California-based skinhead gangs
Tattoos: Swastikas, SS lighting bolts, "NLR"

Asian Gangs
The origins of Asian youth gangs are not unique. In fact, the phenomenon of Chinatown gangs around the country (most famously in New York City) has been the subject of much attention and academic research starting from their initial appearance in the late 1800s and continuing through modern times. Like their Italian, Irish, and Jewish counterparts who came to the U.S. back in the 1800s and early 1900s, many Asians struggle to adapt to a new country and social environment and challenges of making a living, whether they are immigrants themselves, U.S.-born children of immigrants, or whose families have been in the U.S. for several generations.[LEFT]
Read more: Asian American Gangs : Asian-Nation :: Asian American History, Demographics, & Issues
[/LEFT]

Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,273,381 times
Quote:
This is precisely what I meant Benicar when I said that there are dysfunctional families in every country and legal status has nothing to do with it. Your opinion is that a bad side about illegal immigration is gangs. Well the article you provided said ICE arrested 366 illegals. For a check in 83 cities, it is fairly low to me. 366 is not even half of my high school class when I graduated. This is to show that gang activity is not an immigration thing. Most illegal immigrants come here to work.

As a matter of fact in most of the families I know, including my extended family, it has been the rule that whenever someone is beggining to "hangout" with the wrong crowd, the parents send them back to Mexico to reform. It has worked every time.

BTW, I'm glad ICE deported these gangsters. This is trully what they should be focusing on-violent offenders.
This is only one gang bust though. 476 were arrested of which 366 were foreign nationals. Percentage wise that is a very high number of foreign nationals vs American citizens. Think of what that would mean if this were a nation wide bust.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:29 AM

50,078 posts, read 46,633,492 times
Quote:

Ya, the dude that refused to acknowledge a huge amount of GBers were anchor children with two illegal Parents. OK

Old 01-28-2010, 09:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,466,176 times
Quote:

The reason I think illegal status has a lot to do with it is that illegals very often associate with criminal gangs, first of all to be smuggled in, often they're running drugs also for those criminal gangs when they cross the border, and they associate with the criminal gangs to get their fake and stolen documents in order to work illegally in the USA. The criminal gangs control the border, they control the smuggling routes and the stolen documents business.

Also the situation where parents leave their children is terrible. No amount of money can replace the lack of a the parent in the home. Children might be raised with family members who want and care for them, but often elderly grandparents can't really provide family activities, or often they're left with relatives that have many children of their own, many children with parents here illegally are left to raise themselves or be raised on the streets. Gangs become their family and parents living 3000 miles away are not parenting. When these kids reach 16-18, there are no jobs, illegals of course are not creating any kind of improved infrastructure back home, they aren't home creating jobs so there is nothing for the kids when they reach adulthood but to come join long lost parents living in the USA.

These kids arrive here but they lack the work ethic of many, they're already hardened criminals, unlike previous generations, they didn't grow up working alongside parents, they didn't grow up with values of any kind. They often have drug and alcohol problems for the life they were left to have -- yes they had the remittance money but it didn't make up for the fact that parents never saw them, and were willing to live 3000 miles away, seduced by the big American money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration