Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:27 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,000,403 times

Advertisements

Obama...come on...fix this man.

Here's your (cough) plan.

Tax the corporations at the rate of double the amount of illegal immigration in each state. Make sure it passes Constitutional muster.

Then spen all the money from those states for the ones that aren't getting it done.

There. All done with one swoop. (clap clap)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 08:32 AM

749 posts, read 1,790,626 times
They are going farther east. I'm in Nashville now and they are growing by the day here. Little by little they are taking over communities. I have family in some small towns in Louisiana and they are seeing the same thing. Basically they are just spreading out.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
With all the media seriff joe and the anti-immagrant striff shown about Arizona, I doubt many fortune 500 corparation are flocking to AZ.

The case may be closer to AZ is losing talented young folk of every color...
Az may get what it wants...to be an old west Ghost Town.
If here illegally; the above people need to be thrown out upon pain of severe punishment. Frankly; it would not hurt my feelings to see the USA copy/paste Singapore's laws pertaining to illegals........read that being flogged if caught here a second or third time and working.

One huge reason that Arizona is so hostile towards illegals is that we have many a pissed off x Californian living here who have decided to 'draw a line in the sand'.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,443,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If here illegally; the above people need to be thrown out upon pain of severe punishment. Frankly; it would not hurt my feelings to see the USA copy/paste Singapore's laws pertaining to illegals........read that being flogged if caught here a second or third time and working.

Quote:
One huge reason that Arizona is so hostile towards illegals is that we have many a pissed off x Californian living here who have decided to 'draw a line in the sand'

Old 02-10-2010, 07:05 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,775,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
They are going farther east. I'm in Nashville now and they are growing by the day here. Little by little they are taking over communities. I have family in some small towns in Louisiana and they are seeing the same thing. Basically they are just spreading out.
I'm moving to Kentucky and I hear they are growing in South Louisville and are pretty much picking apart surburban Shelbyville. You know it's getting serious when KY is getting a population of them. Half the folks of color I know wouldn't touch Kentucky with a ten foot pole.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
hmmm If its true then I am happy about it. However I have a question. How do they know?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I'm moving to Kentucky and I hear they are growing in South Louisville and are pretty much picking apart surburban Shelbyville. You know it's getting serious when KY is getting a population of them. Half the folks of color I know wouldn't touch Kentucky with a ten foot pole.
To hear some Hispanics tell it (even those who are 100% White); they are also 'people of color'.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 PM

1,744 posts, read 961,570 times
What do you expect the Department of Homeland Security is going to say? - "We're the ones guarding the border and hell if we know how many illegal aliens, er, I mean, undocumented migrants, are in the country" ?

It is possible that the numbers are no longer growing as rapidly as before, mostly due to the economy. It is probably true that a large number of illegals have left Arizona. I have heard that from many sources, and my sister who lives in Phoenix has said the decrease is very noticable. However, here in California, I think most illegals are sitting tight, waiting for Obama, Pelosi, Reid, et.al. to pass an amnesty bill. Then you will see the floodgates open, and all their relatives will join them.

I think sending a clear message that there will be NO or an extremely limited amnesty, along with increasing the border patrol, and employment verification, will result in a gradual self-deportation.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Now it’s 10.8 million. In six months it will be 8 million. Then, before the November elections, it will have dropped to 6 million. Oh c’mon, let these “few” illegals have amnesty.

Do they really think we are that stupid?

US: 7 percent fewer illegal immigrants last year - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100209/pl_afp/usimmigration_20100209231840;_ylt=AtN7DdwSoJT0hPhV pkyHggb3SpZ4 - broken link)
Yes they think we're stupid. They haven't even done a census, they also have no way of really counting all the many people still coming over the border and in some areas it's still very many.

This is the new approach by the amnesty crowd. Try to terrorize Americans into believing that illegals are fast disappearing so we'd better legalize them all while we still can.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They may be leaving Arizona, but they aren’t leaving the country. They are relocating to sanctuary cities/states, and wherever they can work without being hassled by the “xenophobic” citizens.

I envy you. I look forward to the day when I can say they have left Maryland, and the entire metro DC area.
Those getting food stamps are not leaving.

Some illegals have gone back - and that's been the case all along but there is no big deportation movement by the government taking place.

A lot of illegals actually would go back if they quit hearing our politicians bring up the word "amnesty". Some would go back on their own quite soon but they're afraid the minute they do there's going to be some huge blanket amnesty and they'll miss out. They even want to go home but they think the best thing they can do is get in on this promised amnesty - their whole families back home are counting on them getting it for them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration