Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM

341 posts, read 678,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yes, the 14th is concise and clear as to its intent and that is why it is going to be interpreted correctly as it was meant to be in the near future
.[/quote]

I guarantee you that the 14th amendment will continue to be interpreted the way it is for many, many years to come. It would take decades and appeal after countless appeal to change the way any amendment is implemented.

I shake my head in disbelief at many in the "anti" crowd. Big business corporate pigs make the immigration policies of this country. They are in cohootz with the federal government in that they together created the immigration problem at the border. And make no mistake, illegal immigration happens the way it does because that is exactly the way big business and the government want it to happen. They took your billions of tax dollars to bail them out of the mistakes they made and what did they do with it: THEY DIVIDED IT UP AMONGST THEMSELVES!?!?!?!?!? But they have you brainwashed into thinking that welfare recipients are the real drain on taxpayers. It isn't even a drop in the bucket. The biggest welfare hogging criminals are on Wall St. and CEO's. But they have you brainwashed, divided, and conquered and mad at illegal immigrants. You are acting just like they want you to. The 14th amendment will stay the way it is until the people who control big business want it to change. Man, you have been so hoodwinked it really is not even funny. They sit back and laugh, while counting your money and watch you get angry about the illegal immigration problem that they created. Wake up and focus your anger on the real criminal scum. Stop being bamboozled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Enjoy your fantasies there

Think about it: Mexico is a veritible pipsqueak compared to the USA; our economy has nine (9) times the output of SoB. Too: Mx is showing the signs of implosion battling its drug cartels--------which may force the USA to step in. Needless to say: if that were to happen; Mx can kiss its sovereignty goodbye--------which would be the end of many aspects of their culture up to and the widepread use of Spanish.

Face it: concerning Spanish vs. English; the former is not an important language outside of either Spain or most of Latin America. Hint: if dealing with a non English speaking nation; the default language of the signage, etc. (if used) tends to be English.

That's a pretty big slap in the face to the Chinese speaking, etc. Americans. To imply they just better learn Spanish and to get used to it.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post

I guarantee you that the 14th amendment will continue to be interpreted the way it is for many, many years to come. It would take decades and appeal after countless appeal to change the way any amendment is implemented.

I shake my head in disbelief at many in the "anti" crowd. Big business corporate pigs make the immigration policies of this country. They are in cohootz with the federal government in that they together created the immigration problem at the border. And make no mistake, illegal immigration happens the way it does because that is exactly the way big business and the government want it to happen. They took your billions of tax dollars to bail them out of the mistakes they made and what did they do with it: THEY DIVIDED IT UP AMONGST THEMSELVES!?!?!?!?!? But they have you brainwashed into thinking that welfare recipients are the real drain on taxpayers. It isn't even a drop in the bucket. The biggest welfare hogging criminals are on Wall St. and CEO's. But they have you brainwashed, divided, and conquered and mad at illegal immigrants. You are acting just like they want you to. The 14th amendment will stay the way it is until the people who control big business want it to change. Man, you have been so hoodwinked it really is not even funny. They sit back and laugh, while counting your money and watch you get angry about the illegal immigration problem that they created. Wake up and focus your anger on the real criminal scum. Stop being bamboozled.[/quote]
I don't think any of us anti's are in denial over our government's and big business collusion in this matter, however this country belongs to its citizens and the will of the people will prevail. However, there is no denying that illegal aliens were willing participants in this corruption also so stop giving them a pass. There are three guilty parties in this.

Anyone who is sucking the taxes out of American citizens unfairly whether they be rich or poor, legal or illegal are ALL the subject of our anger and rightly so. No one gets a pass here. We put the blame on ALL the guilty parties though but you wish to give the illegal aliens a pass like they are some innocent bystanders in this and they are not!

Don't get your hopes up that the reconquista is going to be allowed to continue via illegal immigration by way of the 14th amendment. You will be dismally disappointed.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:32 PM

341 posts, read 678,572 times
There have been people trying to change the 14th amendment ever since it was passed, to no avail. It is extremely unlikely that it will ever change, and certainly not in today's political climate. Do you know what sort of things need to happen and the level of support needed to change the Constitution? Look at the Senate and the Congress and you will have your answer: NO WAY. I have been listening to people of your ilk for the last twenty years telling me things are "on the verge of changing" so don't count on....whatever. You should wake up and realize that it is not ideology or justice that controls policy in this country, it is the almighty dollar. Nothing will get done without the fat-cat corporate pigs' OK. They will continue to allow illegal immigration to happen until they can find a cheaper way or a new group to exploit. I think you need a crash course in American history because you seem to be all too naive, my friend.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
There have been people trying to change the 14th amendment ever since it was passed, to no avail. It is extremely unlikely that it will ever change, and certainly not in today's political climate. Do you know what sort of things need to happen and the level of support needed to change the Constitution? Look at the Senate and the Congress and you will have your answer: NO WAY. I have been listening to people of your ilk for the last twenty years telling me things are "on the verge of changing" so don't count on....whatever. You should wake up and realize that it is not ideology or justice that controls policy in this country, it is the almighty dollar. Nothing will get done without the fat-cat corporate pigs' OK. They will continue to allow illegal immigration to happen until they can find a cheaper way or a new group to exploit. I think you need a crash course in American history because you seem to be all too naive, my friend.
Looking at this nasty recession; which is showing few signs are ending soon (maybe another 5-8 years), the odds are now quite high that the 14th will be reinterpreted to specifically exclude Anchor Babies. Too: the Dems come November are probably going to suffer what the GOP did in 2008.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:38 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
My history lessons of the U.S. includes a civil war. Don't count an amendment out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration