Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:55 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Jim Gilchrist's Minuteman Project (http://minutemanproject.com/newsmanager/templates/mmp.asp?articleid=1283&zoneid=1 - broken link)

I hope now Mr. Gilchrist can fully focus on the pressures at hand in stopping illegal alien invasion. Not knowing much about this case, or him, after reading more, I feel comfortable to have Mr. Gilchrist as a fellow American working for the cause of eliminating illegal immigration. Kudos for you for standing up to rightfully claiming what is yours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 02:18 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Jim Gilchrist is a liar and a fraud.

Sorry if you believe otherwise.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
These Kooks are winning lawsuits against their own members...
The Minute man project is finished...all that is left is the in-fighting.

Membership way down, donations way down...Photos of KKK and Neo-Nazi at rallies, most chapters dont have men on the line any more.

More false prophets with lame ideas hit the wall of reality...and self destruct.

The court issued a permanent injunction “ordering defendants Courtney, Stewart and Sielski to refrain from holding themselves out to anyone as members of [Minuteman] Project Inc., or members of its board of directors.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
The initial intent of the MM project was noble and patriotic. That is what I shall remember. It didn't help that the pro-illegals from the get go demonized even those who had no ulterior motives and followed the letter of the law. They made up the majority of the MM and still do today in principle.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The initial intent of the MM project was noble and patriotic. That is what I shall remember. It didn't help that the pro-illegals from the get go demonized even those who had no ulterior motives and followed the letter of the law. They made up the majority of the MM and still do today in principle.
Most likely it was not just a love of rule of law that persuaded people to join...

Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Opinions are like you know what. We all have them. Facts are what counts not opinions.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Most likely it was not just a love of rule of law that persuaded people to join...
Guy that is an unfair assumption.
That is akin to Obama saying that the reason so many americans join the Military is because they are uneducated and have no other alternatives.
Or
Small town americans cling to their religion and guns out of fear. Also not true.
It is true that this may be the case for some. But certainly not all or most.
Most folks that join a cause do so because they want to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Work for a cause that they believe will make life better for themselves and others.
It is the people who join no cause who are the selfish and narrow minded.
Even the twisted who join the KKK do so for the idea that they are trying to make a difference. Wrong as it may be..

Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times
Guy that is an unfair assumption.

There is a LARGE contingent of people who have associated with Neo-Nazis and other hate groups. If it were the same percentages as the general population (less compliants given, less evidence found) then it would be an unfair assumption. However, if you ask the reasons it's not due to a love of the law of the land. Many times it a nationalistic notion that there is a certain culture, race, or political thought that is considered American and thus needs to be upheld. Does this mean EVERYONE is like this? No. Does this even mean that people who have a VERY narrow def. of what they want America to be like is "bad". No. However, it means that they may not fully understand and/or are reactionary to changes they view as "bad" (where the changes may not be that bad).

That is akin to Obama saying that the reason so many americans join the Military is because they are uneducated and have no other alternatives.

My family has been in the military, they can vouch for this. Is this why in poorer communities you have more recruitment? I live in a nice area, you'd not find recruitment offices close by. In poor communities there are more recruitment offices. Hell, when I planned on joining I had to go 15 miles away to the WORST part of town. It's not an isolated incident. Kids from richer areas are less likely to join. This isn't a swipe at those joining, this isn't saying that they are inherently bad...but it's saying that the system shouldn't be set up in this disparity.

Or
Small town americans cling to their religion and guns out of fear. Also not true.

Tell that to my cousins in PA or OH. They bemoan this mentality (college educated and reactionary from my conservative uncle). Or my sister in law from KS. It's a fact that less educated less affluent areas are less likely to have atheists and more likely to have guns. He was saying that economic and political fear has led people to seek solace in this way. This is why if you look by education and income, those that voted against Prop 8 in CA were typically more educated and more affluent...whereas fear mongering and disparity led those to vote for Prop 8. Again, not a swipe at the people.

It is true that this may be the case for some. But certainly not all or most.
Most folks that join a cause do so because they want to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Work for a cause that they believe will make life better for themselves and others.
It is the people who join no cause who are the selfish and narrow minded.
Even the twisted who join the KKK do so for the idea that they are trying to make a difference. Wrong as it may be..

Of course there are exceptions. However, the trends are out there. Just because one is economically disadvantaged, that doesn't mean that they aren't patriotic...however, it also doesn't mean that patriotism is the sole reason for entering into the military. Joining no cause is better than perpetuating bigotry and racism.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:57 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Any American working toward ending illegal immigration is ok in my book. (without violence, racism and hate). That's where i stand. I do know that what i have read about this organization stands not to be a racist or extreme philosophy. I know little of it's past and encourage the work all of us do today.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
These Kooks are winning lawsuits against their own members...
The Minute man project is finished...all that is left is the in-fighting.

Membership way down, donations way down...Photos of KKK and Neo-Nazi at rallies, most chapters dont have men on the line any more.

More false prophets with lame ideas hit the wall of reality...and self destruct.

The court issued a permanent injunction “ordering defendants Courtney, Stewart and Sielski to refrain from holding themselves out to anyone as members of [Minuteman] Project Inc., or members of its board of directors.
The Minuteman project may be 'finished': that stated; more and more Americans are turning against illegal immigration by the day----------especially as the economy continues to deteriorate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration