Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,538,836 times

Advertisements

A meeting for this past Monday with President Obama and Senators Schumer and Graham was canceled and has been re-scheduled to this Thursday-today. (although no official rescheduling date has been released)

Notice our president is not viewing this as an important issue yet suggests something to be done before the scheduled march on the 21'st of this month.

Today is a good day to once again contact your legislator with your ideas and concerns.

White House Immigration Meeting Postponed « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/03/08/white-house-immigration-meeting-postponed/ - broken link)

Edit: The immigration meeting will be rescheduled, a White House spokesman said - and staffers will meet with grassroots immigration groups on Thursday. -- Glenn Thrush

Last edited by getout; 03-11-2010 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,331,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
A meeting for this past Monday with President Obama and Senators Schumer and Graham was canceled and has been re-scheduled to this Thursday-today. (although no official rescheduling date has been released)

Notice our president is not viewing this as an important issue yet suggests something to be done before the scheduled march on the 21'st of this month.

Today is a good day to once again contact your legislator with your ideas and concerns.

White House Immigration Meeting Postponed « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/03/08/white-house-immigration-meeting-postponed/ - broken link)
It's all smoke and mirrors to pander to the Hispanic vote in November.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's all smoke and mirrors to pander to the Hispanic vote in November.
If Im not mistaken, President Obama, has already recieved the Hispanic vote.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If Im not mistaken, President Obama, has already recieved the Hispanic vote.
He has but many ethnocentric Hispanics who expected him to implement as amnesty in his first year because he promised it and didn't deliver are disallusioned and getting angry with hm for not coming through for them. They will punish the entire Democratic party this November for that if they aren't given back that little ray of hope as in this meeting being held today. I know as I read a lot of political forums and that is the Hispanic sentiment right now.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 AM

264 posts, read 457,699 times
Quote:
He has but many ethnocentric Hispanics who expected him to implement as amnesty in his first year because he promised it and didn't deliver are disallusioned and getting angry with hm for not coming through for them. They will punish the entire Democratic party this November for that if they aren't given back that little ray of hope as in this meeting being held today. I know as I read a lot of political forums and that is the Hispanic sentiment right now.
Why do our elected officials think that pandering to the illegal alien crowd equals scoring points for the Hispanic vote?

I've met plenty of Hispanics who are fed up with illegal immigration just as much as blacks and whites.

WHY AREN'T THE VOICES OF AMERICAN CHICANOS BEING HEARD IN THIS DEBATE???

Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Why do our elected officials think that pandering to the illegal alien crowd equals scoring points for the Hispanic vote?

I've met plenty of Hispanics who are fed up with illegal immigration just as much as blacks and whites.

WHY AREN'T THE VOICES OF AMERICAN CHICANOS BEING HEARD IN THIS DEBATE???
Although I agree that not all Hispanics are on the amnesty band wagon far too many are because of that tribally, ethnocentric mindset.

American Chicanos? Oh boy, I'm not even going to go there. At least not under this topic.

What really gets me though is that only 10 million Hispanic votes were cast in the presidential election so why are they concerned about such an insignifcant voting block?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,674,370 times
Quote:
Although I agree that not all Hispanics are on the amnesty band wagon far too many are because of that tribally, ethnocentric mindset.

American Chicanos? Oh boy, I'm not even going to go there. At least not under this topic.

tribally ethnocentric mindset?
where do you people come up with this stuff?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:05 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,674,370 times
is this really news? is this really an indicator of how he feels about this issue?

its just politics. thats all it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post

Edit: The immigration meeting will be rescheduled, a White House spokesman said - and staffers will meet with grassroots immigration groups on Thursday. -- Glenn Thrush

Old 03-11-2010, 12:15 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,538,836 times
Quote:

What really gets me though is that only 10 million Hispanic votes were cast in the presidential election so why are they concerned about such an insignifcant voting block?
That is his immediate downfall...being greedy for all votes he is losing the majority support.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

tribally ethnocentric mindset?
where do you people come up with this stuff?
From the Hispanic advocacy groups, Hispanic politicians and the other pro-illegal Hispanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration