Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 03:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times

Advertisements

If Latinos are “paying the price” Janet, it can be attributed to the deliberate conflation of legal/illegal immigration by you and your IA-peddling ilk.

Quote:
“If the president and Congress move forward, immigration reform would be a prime motivator of Latino civic participation this fall. The millions of Latinos who voted for the first time in 2008, and those who went through the arduous citizenship process to get that privilege, need to see that participating in the democratic process means something. Many had the expectation that their vote would help speed up the day when we got serious immigration reform enacted and now their patience is wearing thin. We must not lose momentum or let the Latino community’s unprecedented civic engagement wither. As we look toward November, we don’t care what party people vote for, but we do care that people vote and see that their vote has meaning and leads to action. Therefore, both parties have much to gain by advancing immigration reform and solving this vexing national problem that has special significance for Latino voters.

“Now is the time for elected officials in both parties to stand up and be counted. Our nation has waited more than 20 years for a solution to our broken immigration system, and the entire Latino community is paying the price. Our leaders know what needs to be done, and it’s time for them to demonstrate they have the courage and commitment to do it. And we know that voters, including Latino voters watching this issue closely, will hold them accountable, whether for avoidance or for obstruction. From a policy, political, and moral perspective, the time to act is now.”
National Council of La Raza: For Latinos in 2010, the Word is Accountability (http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/62132/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 03:56 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Notice how the apologists for illegals in here get all in a tizzy when it is Latino illegal aliens that are mostly the focus? Yet, just read what the NCLR has said above. They make the issue of illegal immigration a Latino issue by their very own words.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:02 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,349 times
<<Our nation has waited more than 20 years for a solution to our broken immigration system,>>

But Janet, we fixed it in 1986. What happened? Maybe amnesty isn't such a good fix after all.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Notice how the apologists for illegals in here get all in a tizzy when it is Latino illegal aliens that are mostly the focus? Yet, just read what the NCLR has said above. They make the issue of illegal immigration a Latino issue by their very own words.
Yes, and also notice that Janet inadvertently admits that the first mega amnesty was a colossal mistake by her reference to a 20-year problem. Why on earth would we choose to repeat it?

Old 03-14-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<Our nation has waited more than 20 years for a solution to our broken immigration system,>>

But Janet, we fixed it in 1986. What happened? Maybe amnesty isn't such a good fix after all.
Bingo! I see you noticed that as well.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:09 PM

54 posts, read 46,940 times
I am not just saying this because I am anti illegal immigration, but I do think amnesty will paly no role in their decision making. Hardly anybody in their community cares about it. The ones who do care can't vote anyway.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post

You call amnesty a fix, you and janet should be talking together...

Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM

42 posts, read 86,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasse View Post
I am not just saying this because I am anti illegal immigration, but I do think amnesty will play no role in their decision making. Hardly anybody in their community cares about it. The ones who do care can't vote anyway.
Sure they can vote, just work with ACORN and all is good!

Look, immigration laws need to be upheld, period. No matter what country you come from, if you are not a citizen then you need to go through the process or get out or be forced out.
We need to take back this country, up hold the rules and apply them to all.
A lot of people are "PC" crazy! Wake up people this country is out of control and we need people in office that will do and say the things that will make us a profitable place to live again.
Stop working on health-care for the illegals and the people that DON'T WANT IT! Yes reform is needed, but lets do the things that will not cost us much if nothing to do.
Immigration is a part of why our country is as it is, stop pu$$y footing around the issue, stop being so worried about what an illegal with think or do if we up hold current laws and create stronger laws to keep TRUE Americans working and free.
There are many things we can and should do, but no, we worry about their feelings, BULL!
Once again, the majority is being overlooked for the minority.
I am tired of being told I need to feel bad about being a white male and worry about some other color of skin. If you have the education and or knowledge to do a job better than me then you should be hired, NOT based on your skin color. Nor should you have "special" rights just because of the color of your skin. Everyone born here, or that has gone through the process and became a citizen has the exact same opportunities to get a job, get educated and live their dream as I do as a white male, If you have the drive to do so. We as a country due to our wanting to be OVER "PC" has drilled into people that due to the color of their skin does not have to try as hard because they are "special". Not so.
If you were to tell a person of color that they did not get the job because they did not have the skills would read into that statement that they did not get hired because of their color, that concept as been drilled into people and that is why everyone want to be over "PC". can I call reverse discrimination if I don't get hired? OH NO! That would be so wrong of a white male. Why is that when people talk about "White" males that the instant reaction is "oh they have it made". Try being a white male in a PC world, it is very hard.
Look, you do your best, I will do mine and who ever does better will win.

OK ranted enough, just so, so tired of all this PC crap! Stand up be a man, do your best and may the better man win.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:30 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You call amnesty a fix, you and janet should be talking together...
Actually, the previous Illegal Alien koolaid peddlers called it a fix. Reagan and his left over ideas of Carter and his crew. Look were it has gotten us.

How does it go, "fool me once"...

Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 PM

264 posts, read 457,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If Latinos are “paying the price” Janet, it can be attributed to the deliberate conflation of legal/illegal immigration by you and your IA-peddling ilk.

National Council of La Raza: For Latinos in 2010, the Word is Accountability (http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/62132/ - broken link)
"You Don't Speak For Me!"

American Hispanic Voices Speaking Out Against Illegal Immigration

You Don't Speak for Me (http://dontspeakforme.org/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration