Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times

Advertisements

My only issue with anyone--black, white, red, yellow or polka dot, is if they're in this country illegally. Then I'm aggravated that their kids are overtaxing and overburdening the school systems.

I know others have differing opinions, but illegal immigration is one of my hot buttons. I have NO problem with anyone coming here to live from somewhere else--after all it's a great country, why wouldn't someone want to live here? But please, DO IT LEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post
My only issue with anyone--black, white, red, yellow or polka dot, is if they're in this country illegally. Then I'm aggravated that their kids are overtaxing and overburdening the school systems.

I know others have differing opinions, but illegal immigration is one of my hot buttons. I have NO problem with anyone coming here to live from somewhere else--after all it's a great country, why wouldn't someone want to live here? But please, DO IT LEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. Well, except for the polka dot one. If someone is polka dot colored, I mean you may want to avoid them for health reasons

Old 09-07-2007, 07:36 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default yes and

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post

We need to stop thinking that we can move to other states forever to avoid this. Lets stop it all together!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:20 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,507,975 times
Yep. I don't even have kids and I'm paying for illegal alien children. No wonder I barely make it paycheck to paycheck. And they want more! I wonder what would happen if millions of us refused to pay income taxes until they enforced the laws. Would they throw us all in jail???? I think not.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 AM

537 posts, read 441,046 times
Yes, they would most certainly throw us all in jail. Why do you think they have special encampments all over this country with razor wire fencing and places for armed guards and such? They are re-education style camps. Always remember that we have learned from the Russians and the other countries.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Yep. I don't even have kids and I'm paying for illegal alien children. No wonder I barely make it paycheck to paycheck. And they want more! I wonder what would happen if millions of us refused to pay income taxes until they enforced the laws. Would they throw us all in jail???? I think not.
I hate to say it but they probably would.
I always love it when the govt talks about how they could not possibly find and deport 12 million illegal aliens. It would be this herculean task, it would cost too much money, etc. etc.
Now on the other hand, if 12 million American citizens were to refuse to pay their taxes you would see just how fast the US govt can move when it wants to. And they would track down every last tax protester, it doesn't matter if they have to go to the ends of the earth and the guy owes $37.86.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
We need to stop thinking that we can move to other states forever to avoid this. Lets stop it all together!
I'm all for that, but HOW? Our very own government has sold us out. How do we stop illegal immigration when our own government enables it? The US government outright refuses to enforce our border with Mexico knowing full well 5 to 10 thousand illegals cross over every single day.

Both the democrats and republicans need more and more Hispanic votes just to maintain the current number of congressional seats that they have. Not to pickup new seats, but they need more and more Hispanic votes in every single election just to keep the ones they currently have. The sad fact is roughly a third of our nation, (mostly liberals), outright wants open borders with Mexico. Another third want some sort of control reestablished, but are willing to grant a path to citizenship for those who are already here. And lastly, even many hard core conservatives want illegals here because they provide a cheap labor source that helps bolster GDP.

So realistically, we are looking at trying to stop illegal immigration to the United States when only about fifteen to twenty percent of the population want to stop it. The only reason we were able to stop Bush's Blanket Amnesty Proposal was the fact that congress is so evenly divided that a few votes here and there can actually stop almost any legislation from being passed. But to muster the political support to outright seal our border and start mass deportations will never happen in our political climate.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post

I wonder what would happen if millions of us refused to pay income taxes until they enforced the laws. Would they throw us all in jail???? I think not.

Income taxes are taken out of our checks before we even get our paychecks. To stop income taxes from being taken out we would all have to stop working and shut down the economy.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
This started with the illegal immigration but now we have an ever bigger problem beginning....those illegals are now having "legal" children...citizens of the USA. Now with the parents still being illegal are we still responsible for educating their children and taking care of their medical costs because they are legal? Yep.....That's a major reason many have come here..to have their children.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:15 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,507,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Income taxes are taken out of our checks before we even get our paychecks. To stop income taxes from being taken out we would all have to stop working and shut down the economy.
Yes, your are right but you can change the number of deductions so that your employer takes out much less. Then when tax time rolls around you will owe more that you refuse to pay. But as already mentioned they'd most certainly round us up and make us in a heartbeat unlike the illegals. It sounds almost like a form of slavery, doesn't it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration