Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 AM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Gitter done --

that thousands of immigrants in the union who do not have work authorization have been fired from jobs and deported in recent months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 03:03 PM

185 posts, read 355,351 times
Don't believe this miscreant for one second. I not proud to say Reid is one of my senators. A favortie tactic of the liberal is to feign acquiescence. Reid is disingenuous at best, mostly he's a bald-faced liar. He has lied not only to his constituents but he's lied to himself so many times I think he's created his own mental illness, you can hear it in his mannor of speech, not to mention his destructive policies.

Democrats will NEVER stop in their quest for amnesty.

BTW, it's good to see the excellent cast of members still here. This is one of the best forums of any type I've seen, great moderation and great members!

Old 04-15-2010, 03:21 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Harry Reid is a Poof and it is time he retired. I cant stand to listen to him any longer. What a traitor he is.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
And why the hek would a subject as AMNESTY ever be brought up, to those that enter our Country ILLEGALLY, and wreck havoc along the say. No Way, No How, No Never. They are desperate, and only want these People here, for the votes. Wake up People. Can't take care of our own, but they can lend a helping hand to those who enter this Country illegally, Unbelievable.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And why the hek would a subject as AMNESTY ever be brought up, to those that enter our Country ILLEGALLY, and wreck havoc along the way. No Way, No How, No Never. They are desperate, and only want these People here, for the votes. Wake up People. Can't take care of our own, but they can lend a helping hand to those who enter this Country illegally, Unbelievable.
Why would Amnesty ever be brought up as an option is beyond understanding.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:19 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,046 times
Reading this article over at NumbersUSA (by Roy Beck) it says that Reid is boasting the support of 56 Senators leaving only 4 votes needed to "push it through" ...

Here's the article: Which Democratic Senators Switched From 'NO' On Amnesty to 'YES?'

Old 04-16-2010, 04:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Reading this article over at NumbersUSA (by Roy Beck) it says that Reid is boasting the support of 56 Senators leaving only 4 votes needed to "push it through" ...

Here's the article: Which Democratic Senators Switched From 'NO' On Amnesty to 'YES?'
They can claim all of the “yes” votes they desire; but in the final analysis, the bill will be defeated, and they know it.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:33 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,046 times
I sure hope so. I'd really hate to see that thing get passed.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I sure hope so. I'd really hate to see that thing get passed.
Take a stroll back in history, and think of illegal aliens as slaves, and major corporations as the plantation owners. Then think of special interest groups, and illegal alien advocacy organizations as the slave traders. Now think of the abolition of slavery. Would the plantation owners or the slave traders actually want slavery to end? They are only going through the motions to avoid an uprising by the slaves.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Take a stroll back in history, and think of illegal aliens as slaves, and major corporations as the plantation owners. Then think of special interest groups, and illegal alien advocacy organizations as the slave traders. Now think of the abolition of slavery. Would the plantation owners or the slave traders actually want slavery to end? They are only going through the motions to avoid an uprising by the slaves.
And the sick irony is that today's 'slaves' AKA illegal aliens take the 'Underground Railroad' (coyotes) into the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration