Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times

Advertisements

Mexican president condemns Arizona immigrant law | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines

MEXICO CITY -- Mexican President Felipe Calderon on Monday
condemned Arizona's tough new immigration law as discriminatory and
warned that relations with the U.S. border state will suffer.

The measure, which will make it a crime under state law to be an
illegal immigrant, "opens the door to intolerance, hate,
discrimination and abuse in law enforcement," Calderon said

You have to be freaking kidding me, now I've heard it all....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Mexican president condemns Arizona immigrant law | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines

MEXICO CITY -- Mexican President Felipe Calderon on Monday
condemned Arizona's tough new immigration law as discriminatory and
warned that relations with the U.S. border state will suffer.

The measure, which will make it a crime under state law to be an
illegal immigrant, "opens the door to intolerance, hate,
discrimination and abuse in law enforcement," Calderon said

You have to be freaking kidding me, now I've heard it all....
We should adopt Mexico's immigration policies and treat illegals the way Mexico treats illegals coming in from Central America. Then Calderon would really have something to complain about.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:18 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Of course he opposes this. It interferes with his and our governments wink and a handshake deal for open borders. Whenever mexico or illegal aliens get angry, we're doing the right thing.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i think mexico should concentrate on its own issues and let us concentrate on ours.

i personally think he has a lot of nerve for criticizing the US for law enforcement and for urging a boycott of arizona goods. it would be just as easy for americans to boycott mexican goods.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
This might come under the catagory of :
Who gives a rats ass.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Hypocrisy abounds in Mexico. They dump their citizens on the U.S., and treat illegals caught in their country like dirt. Yet, Calderon has the audacity to criticize AZ because they are fed up with the carnage from Mexican drug cartels, and their astronomical burden due to uncontrolled illegal immigration.

He should be embarrassed to even open his mouth, considering they don’t give a damn about their citizens until they cross the border into the US.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i think it is relevant because he is stating that he will get involved in OUR country's policies:

Calderon said he had instructed the Foreign Relations Department to double its efforts to protect the rights of Mexicans living in the United States and seek help from lawyers and immigration
experts.

"Nobody can sit around with their arms crossed in the face of decisions that so clearly affect our countrymen," Calderon said in a speech at the Institute for Mexicans Abroad.

he certainly sat with his arms crossed when the illegal immigrants were marching into our country unimpeded, upsetting our apple cart!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:41 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
We should adopt Mexico's immigration policies and treat illegals the way Mexico treats illegals coming in from Central America. Then Calderon would really have something to complain about.

Is there NO politician, commentator, or otherwise in Arizona with the cajones to point this out to Mr. Calderon?

Mexico's immigration policies are abhorrently discriminatory, especially towards Amerindian Guatemalans.... and their land ownership laws for foreigners would incite riots if applied in the United States.

While I think the Arizona law probably needs to be refined to clearly delineate and limit what situations a person can be stopped, Mexico, as usual, needs to mind its own business. Hypocrites.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Is there NO politician, commentator, or otherwise in Arizona with the cajones to point this out to Mr. Calderon?

Mexico's immigration policies are abhorrently discriminatory, especially towards Amerindian Guatemalans.... and their land ownership laws for foreigners would incite riots if applied in the United States.

While I think the Arizona law probably needs to be refined to clearly delineate and limit what situations a person can be stopped, Mexico, as usual, needs to mind its own business. Hypocrites.
Let’s not forget, one must also prove Mexican citizenship prior to being enrolled in their public schools. Unlike the US, they don’t force their taxpayers to foot the bill for the education of children who are in their country illegally. They don’t consider it an entitlement.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

I have a feeling that will be occurring very soon------------then, Mexico will really freak out when they have to deal with millions of their repatrioted citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration