Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,088,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Those websites prove nothing. Where did you deduce success or failure from either one of those two links?

A resolution was passed and a community was divided. That's all that could be extracted. I see nothing that confers success or failure.
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com - Documentary examines immigration debate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 02:03 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,471,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Look at how many LEGAL AMERICAN hispanics were there to get a job held by an illegal immigrant. I hope state after state copies Arizona
Not in my freaking State of California, what a bunch of jerkoffs, everyone in power in this State needs to go. Stupid feaking Calif, come on illegals, your welcome in my stupid State. When things start getting worse because of illegals, in your home States, and they can't stand up to them the way Arizona has, let your voice be heard. Arizona has every freaking Right. I just cannot believe that some, have no problem with illegals coming like flies, Those in power in this State, all need to go, Most are you guessed it Democracks.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 AM

132 posts, read 89,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Phoenix supermarket chain fires 300 illegals and hundreds show up for the open positions.

Hundreds seek to fill vacant positions at Pro's Ranch Market | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Arizona News

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. YOU can make a difference!
START HERE: The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): US Immigration Reform & What You Can Do

Seriously? That's amazing. I guess the people who want the jobs of the so called illegals have the same education level. That's not good.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,101,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
Seriously? That's amazing. I guess the people who want the jobs of the so called illegals have the same education level. That's not good.

How would you know of the education of any of the people involved, legal or illegal?

Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 AM

132 posts, read 89,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
How would you know of the education of any of the people involved, legal or illegal?

It's called COMMON SENSE. Here , let me help you do that again

Old 04-28-2010, 05:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,948,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Phoenix supermarket chain fires 300 illegals and hundreds show up for the open positions.

Hundreds seek to fill vacant positions at Pro's Ranch Market | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Arizona News

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. YOU can make a difference!
START HERE: The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): US Immigration Reform & What You Can Do
B-b-b-but they only take the jobs citizens won't take!

Old 04-28-2010, 05:15 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,440,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post

You mean there are low skilled and manual American workers IN THE USA?!

Oh, heaven forbid. No no, we only want foreign low skilled and manual workers in America. Construction, retail, and food service is for foreigners, preferably undocumented, the browner the better.... except black.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:18 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,758,025 times
Huh, and all this time I thought working in a grocery store was beneath most Americans.....you know, like yard work, babysitting, and hospitality.....

Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,172,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You mean there are low skilled and manual American workers IN THE USA?!

Oh, heaven forbid. No no, we only want foreign low skilled and manual workers in America. Construction, retail, and food service is for foreigners, preferably undocumented, the browner the better.... except black.
God know the Republicans have been trying to destroy the education system in America for years, just to fill these jobs.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,440,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
God know the Republicans have been trying to destroy the education system in America for years, just to fill these jobs.

Yeap, but in any society, there will always be those who cannot make it to earn that doctorate in poetry.

Even if we could fill ALLL high tech positions in this country with educated Americans, we would still have a surplus who either a) only received or barely received high school educations, or b) chose to study something in college that does not lead to a professional career choice.

Plus there's always teenagers, who USED to be the ones working a McDonalds. Not 45 year old immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration