Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:26 AM

3,362 posts, read 1,428,909 times

Advertisements

What I can’t understand is why any freedom loving Latino who has fled their country’s oppressive government, and has come to America in compliance with our laws, would side with those who have invaded our borders. Do they want our system, one which is governed by the rule of law and not by tyrants as now rule in Mexico, to become another Mexican style system of government?

What on earth is wrong with these people?

As to our federal government’s constitutional role regarding the existing problem, and the powers which are obviously retained by the States over their internal policing powers, I suggest those who want to get to the truth of the matter to do some research starting with our nation’s first Acts and debates regarding naturalization.
Use page turner at bottom of page!

BTW, I am the first generation of an immigrant family and my dad fled the oppressions of a tyrannical government. I thank God I was born on American soil! I have no problem with Mexicans coming here, and I welcome them with open arms! But I want assurances, like our founding fathers wanted assurances, that all immigrants will fight to their deaths to preserve our system of government, which is now under attack by a tyrannical gang on Capitol Hill

Regards,
JWK

We are here today and gone tomorrow, but what is most important is what we do in between, and is what our children will inherit and remember us by.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:07 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Do they want our system, one which is governed by the rule of law and not by tyrants as now rule in Mexico, to become another Mexican style system of government?
Tyrants? The Mexican system of government???

Mexico ELECTS its president through national elections every 6 years. Mexico's "system" of government is a constitutional representative democracy with... shock, a tripartite government consisting of a bi-cameral legislature, and executive and judicial branch!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Shucks, you found us out.
We progressives are out to destroy the US.

Why isn't this in the immigration folder?

Old 04-29-2010, 08:31 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Tyrants? The Mexican system of government???

Mexico ELECTS its president through national elections every 6 years. Mexico's "system" of government is a constitutional representative democracy with... shock, a tripartite government consisting of a bi-cameral legislature, and executive and judicial branch!
Wow. I'm amazed. No, not really.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:45 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,430,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

LOL... they can't even "reed"!! Well, waste not - want not...

YouTube - Behind The Veil: America's Anti-Immigration Network

Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,726,958 times
Quote:

Yes, you are. Obama promised to "transform" this country. And he gave us a hint of the transformation he is aiming at. Obama is dissatisfied with the U.S. Constitution because it is a "negative charter of rights." In other words the Constitution "only" specifies what the government cannot do to you. Obama would prefer a constitution that tells the citizens what government will do for them. He knows that he can't possibly succeed in amending the Constitution to achieve that goal. So he will approach it indirectly by expanding the power of government over more and more areas of our lives by having Congress enact laws that exceed the constitutional reach of government and pack the courts with "progressive" jurists who will rubber stamp his usurpations. We're seeing the same tactics being applied by Chavez in Venezuela--another bastion of progressivism. By the time Obama is through we'll all be serving the state.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:18 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
What I can’t understand is why any freedom loving Latino who has fled their country’s oppressive government, and has come to America in compliance with our laws, would side with those who have invaded our borders. Do they want our system, one which is governed by the rule of law and not by tyrants as now rule in Mexico, to become another Mexican style system of government?

What on earth is wrong with these people?

As to our federal government’s constitutional role regarding the existing problem, and the powers which are obviously retained by the States over their internal policing powers, I suggest those who want to get to the truth of the matter to do some research starting with our nation’s first Acts and debates regarding naturalization.
Use page turner at bottom of page!

BTW, I am the first generation of an immigrant family and my dad fled the oppressions of a tyrannical government. I thank God I was born on American soil! I have no problem with Mexicans coming here, and I welcome them with open arms! But I want assurances, like our founding fathers wanted assurances, that all immigrants will fight to their deaths to preserve our system of government, which is now under attack by a tyrannical gang on Capitol Hill

Regards,
JWK

We are here today and gone tomorrow, but what is most important is what we do in between, and is what our children will inherit and remember us by.
Despite Mexico's form of "democracy" and its govt. nobody wants to acknowledge the level of corruption within it, I guess?
An enormous level of it exists there and HERE........so everything that has occured regarding efforts to curb illegal immigration, drug smuggling and explosive gang growth on BOTH sides......is a farce, more than anything.

Too much time and resources already invested.....with no real benefit to the American taxpayer for ANY of it.....for decades!

MORE legislation the answer?
Unenforceable or selectively enforced laws the answer?

More Federal border agents, with great salaries, bennies and retirement packages....that may or may not fall into daily temptations/bribes.......the answer?

A LOT more $$$ would be needed from the BROKEN and WASTED.....dwindling, middle-class, American taxpayers that have more on their plates to deal with now than ever......A-OK?

Nothing means SQUAT as long as such a level of corruption is allowed to flourish and threaten International/Domestic diplomacy and policy, like it does!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:21 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
to be fair a lot of this 20 million buildup of illegal mexican people here trying to get work happened under george bush, are you saying the democrats caused it? remember it was george that said he was doing everything possible, it was george that took almost 10 years to finish the fence here.
btw when the fence was done we lost our title as #1 cross spot. DC is a sinking ship with 2 men in it furiously pointing at each other.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:21 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Yes, you are. Obama promised to "transform" this country. And he gave us a hint of the transformation he is aiming at. Obama is dissatisfied with the U.S. Constitution because it is a "negative charter of rights." In other words the Constitution "only" specifies what the government cannot do to you. Obama would prefer a constitution that tells the citizens what government will do for them. He knows that he can't possibly succeed in amending the Constitution to achieve that goal. So he will approach it indirectly by expanding the power of government over more and more areas of our lives by having Congress enact laws that exceed the constitutional reach of government and pack the courts with "progressive" jurists who will rubber stamp his usurpations. We're seeing the same tactics being applied by Chavez in Venezuela--another bastion of progressivism. By the time Obama is through we'll all be serving the state.
THEY.....just don't see it this way.

Great post.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:41 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,209,816 times
Quote:
We Conservatives have always known this, but it is refreshing to have one come right out and admit it. They do say that confession is good for the soul. Oh wait, I forgot, progressives do not believe that humans have souls, they sneer at religion and have no belief in a Deity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.