Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
If all the illegals coming here were 28 year old women from Sweden you wouldn't hear a peep out of Lou Dobbs...just sayin....
You must be behind the times as Lou Dobbs is now an illegal alien supporter. He flip flopped big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 07:25 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,298,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The idea, from the ignorant left, that everyone in America is an illegal immigrant would even make the indians illegal immigrants. People, EVEN INDIANS, migrated from somewhere. They need to get off that bandwagon or continue to look like idiots.

How the h*ll did they think all the countries became populated, unless people migrated from somewher else.

Now, you know lefties, we have countries, with borders, with laws that need to be respected. It's time to live in today and throw your left winger propaganda out the window. I believe we should adopt Mexico's stance on illegal immigration and round all the illegal immigrants up and boot their arse back over the border.
If you're going to go that route, they were still here first.

Now that I you understand that, you can go back to hating every non-WASP.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,310,577 times
This is kinda a funny thread with funny responses. Potatoes, "floating over," guns. LOL

Old 05-01-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
If you're going to go that route, they were still here first.

Now that I you understand that, you can go back to hating every non-WASP.
Being first doesn't mean squat. No more than the first owner of a house or a car does.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:19 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,298,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Being first doesn't mean squat. No more than the first owner of a house or a car does.
Then it shouldn't bother you about the immigrants.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:50 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
I am here because my family got here in 1532, and like the poster above said killed enough and enslaved enough people to keep the land they had before others came and tried to do the same. I am here because my family was here before the United States, became the United States!

Now, who's the illegal?!
an ilegal person is some one who is in the country illegally.if your family got here in 1532 then you are not an illegal person.didnt get the memo?humanity is full of killing and war and power survivel of the fittest.the american took some land the mexican took some land the brazilians took some land and it is their now and if they want to pass laws making people who dont belong there illegal then it is their right to do so.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:28 AM

894 posts, read 1,128,369 times
My family came here legally from Poland, Croatia, and England. My ex's family is American Indian and are direct descendants of Sitting Bull.

Coming to the US as a legal immigrant (means you applied for & received the necessary paperwork) is not the same thing as someone that sneaks into the country illegally, which is in violation of US Federal Law.

For those of you that may not be familiar with the language of the US Federal law regarding illegal immigration, please see below:

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the US Code, "Improper Entry by Alien" any citizen of any country other than the United States who:
  • Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
  • Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
  • Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;

has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

This has been US law since 1929.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Then it shouldn't bother you about the immigrants.
The subject isn't immigrants it is illegal aliens and yes we and every other country in the world has the right to have immigration laws, enforcement of them and expect their soverieign borders respected. I fail to understand how you addressed my analogy with your comment above. Whoever owns the land, house or car today is what counts not who owned them prior to that.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:53 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
My family came here legally from Poland, Croatia, and England. My ex's family is American Indian and are direct descendants of Sitting Bull.

Coming to the US as a legal immigrant (means you applied for & received the necessary paperwork) is not the same thing as someone that sneaks into the country illegally, which is in violation of US Federal Law.

For those of you that may not be familiar with the language of the US Federal law regarding illegal immigration, please see below:

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the US Code, "Improper Entry by Alien" any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

• Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
  • Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
  • Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;

has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

This has been US law since 1929.
Should let people know you added the Committied a federal crime...

the Code goes on to describe the penalty...You should state whats in the Code.

fines and imprisionment for 6 mos is a misdomeanor. Federal crime, ok...but it a misdormeanor. And first time offenders are seldom locked up, most time they are driven back cross the border.

So if you all want some Hard ass law, the federal law isnt it.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,448,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I am here because my ancestors killed enough natives with guns, smallpox, and syphillis to make the surviviors easy to evict from their land so it could be stolen and farmed.

That's nice.

There was no unified country. There were no specific laws. And no race or country has cornered the market on cruelty or barbarism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration