Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,694,377 times

Advertisements

I’d like the mayor to issue an official list of unserious crimes,

Quote:
I suspect that this evolving category of unserious crimes exists only for what Mumbles, Deval, et al. love to call undocumented workers, or should I say “new Americans.” (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view/2011_0713time_to_get_serious_on_illegal_aliens/ - broken link)
Quote:
Here’s Mumbles, in his own words: “We’re takin’ this too far. When ya got a guy stole a car, they do the fingerprints, send it to Washington, have the person deported. That’s not the Boston I want. I want Boston to be a city that welcomes immigrants.”Especially car thieves, right? I guess grand-theft auto is no longer a serious crime — if you’re illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 02:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,262,546 times
Eh, just another progressive liberal illegal alien lover....

That's who the people of bean town elected, no sweat off my back.......

Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,694,377 times
This is the same argument most pro illegals use.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
Quote:

"I want Boston to be a city that welcomes "immigrants.” Immigrants? Just more spin by the pro-illegals. We already welcome a million legal immigrants per year. Get a clue, they aren't "immigrants" they are illegal aliens.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,905,024 times
Yes - like speeding. They never catch all the people who break traffic laws so when are they going to just give up enforcing those laws or pretending to?

Or better yet taxes. If we don't feel like paying taxes, they need to consider why and just let people who don't pay taxes go. They can't catch all the tax evaders anyhow so just legalize tax evasion.

Either everyone should pick and choose just what laws they wish to abide by - no no one should.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:49 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,705,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Quote:

"I want Boston to be a city that welcomes "immigrants.” Immigrants? Just more spin by the pro-illegals. We already welcome a million legal immigrants per year. Get a clue, they aren't "immigrants" they are illegal aliens.
Yes, there is a huge difference between immigrants and illegals but this is something that pro-illegals never seem to understand. They like the smear the reputation of legal immigrants.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,280,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Yes, there is a huge difference between immigrants and illegals but this is something that pro-illegals never seem to understand. They like the smear the reputation of legal immigrants.
Well they do like to blur the lines that is for sure.
They use terms like Unjust laws, or compare the misdeed to jaywalking while ignoring the various other laws illegals violate. Then they attempt to justify the violations by saying well if we would just let them enter in the first place they wouldnt have to break other laws. Mean while they really cant explain why it is that we owe anyone and everyone a VISA that wants one.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well they do like to blur the lines that is for sure.
They use terms like Unjust laws, or compare the misdeed to jaywalking while ignoring the various other laws illegals violate. Then they attempt to justify the violations by saying well if we would just let them enter in the first place they wouldnt have to break other laws. Mean while they really cant explain why it is that we owe anyone and everyone a VISA that wants one.
The pro-illegals do like chasing their tails around and around in circles, don't they? Never have I ever read such ludicrous arguments advocating for illegal aliens and amnesty as those coming from them. When that fails out comes the race card.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:09 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,807,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The pro-illegals do like chasing their tails around and around in circles, don't they? Never have I ever read such ludicrous arguments advocating for illegal aliens and amnesty as those coming from them. When that fails out comes the race card.
That's their default when they run out of spin. It hijacks the thread and takes focus off the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration