Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 PM

4 posts, read 7,516 times

Advertisements

According to mysa.com, some posts I have read on here, claim that San Antonio is a bad city for illegals in terms of jobs, and that most undocumented workers bypass San Antonio for Dallas or Houston, is this true?

We have a large tejano(mexican-american) population 60 percent who have been here for generatiosn, according to mysa.com less than 10 percent of san antonios population was born in mexico compared to Dallas which is like 40 percent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
undocumented workers? OHHHHHH You meant Illegals.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samo23 View Post
According to mysa.com, some posts I have read on here, claim that San Antonio is a bad city for illegals in terms of jobs, and that most undocumented workers bypass San Antonio for Dallas or Houston, is this true?

We have a large tejano(mexican-american) population 60 percent who have been here for generatiosn, according to mysa.com less than 10 percent of san antonios population was born in mexico compared to Dallas which is like 40 percent
Aw gee whiz, do you suppose that might be because Dallas (and surrounding area) is maybe 8 times bigger than San Antonio ?

Uh, who is mysa ? You think they might have an agenda of some sort, or are you just job hunting ?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
I don't believe that San Antonio is listed on the "Sanctuary City" list. SA is majority Hispanic, but the designation of "Sanctuary City" means that Illegal Aliens get a "pass" whenever they are stopped for anything short of Murder.

Houston, Austin and Dallas are all "Sanctuary Cities". Most of the Sanctuary Cities exist in high corruption big cities. This is exactly how the Narcos took over Mexico - they "bribe" the Judges and Police to throw out all charges and look the other way when any crime involves an Illegal Alien.

Homeland Security, ICE and the Border Control are heavily involved in the Corruption.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:

I've ALWAYS thought was true. When I visited Houston just outside the Loop (Westheimer & Voss), I remember being shocked at the numbers of illegals working at fast food restaurants everywhere compared to Corpus Christi or SA. I think that Houston has Dallas beat though. It is still possible in Dallas area to find teenaged American kids working at fast food restaurants.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:47 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I've ALWAYS thought was true. When I visited Houston just outside the Loop (Westheimer & Voss), I remember being shocked at the numbers of illegals working at fast food restaurants everywhere compared to Corpus Christi or SA. I think that Houston has Dallas beat though. It is still possible in Dallas area to find teenaged American kids working at fast food restaurants.
Since Texas has a large number of Hispanics I wouldn't automatically assume all that are working those jobs are illegals though.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:01 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:

The tejano population aren't real fond of illegals and since they won't be denounced as being racist are more open with their negative views about illegal immigration.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
I know it's very easy for illegals in Houston. It might be true, you can't go by how many hispanics are living in a city --- not even by how many immigrant hispanics are living there because the truth is, that most legal immigration is family chain migration -- the previously amnestied are still finding kin-folk to bring over.

The only kind of immigration that has any diversity at all or any fairness is the work-sponsored kind of immigration and that is actually a small portion of the whole immigrant population.

Most immigrants are here illegally, the next largest group came legally because they had some relative here to sponsor them, and those coming here for work skills are the smallest in number.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
What's undocumented workers? Workers who take cash and have never been reported as employees?

As for your illegals? They need to go home at their own expense.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 PM

340 posts, read 586,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Aw gee whiz, do you suppose that might be because Dallas (and surrounding area) is maybe 8 times bigger than San Antonio ?
You mean 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration