Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Not a sympathizer in the least bit, Chicago, but let's hope it doesn't get this far or drastic.
I wasn't implying that you are. It was a general statement. I hope it doesn't go that far either. I don't want to see bloodshed in our streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 03:36 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Back to the OP,,,,,,because we have given them the impression that they are welcome and we cant live without them........simple answer I realize but getting past all the hyperbole surrounding the whole issue is sometimes the simplest answer

Old 09-03-2010, 05:39 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
I don't get this since of "entitlement"
How many illegals do you know personally? I guess we will never know since you are no longer a member.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:09 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
best thread on the whole citydata site. Before the election, I got into an altercation over a parking space in a WalMart lot with a carload of apparantly Spanish speaking people. they finally informed me that they were on the rise and there was nothing I could do about it. Obama was going to see that they got amnesty.......I have never forgotten it and it appears to be true.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:21 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
best thread on the whole citydata site. Before the election, I got into an altercation over a parking space in a WalMart lot with a carload of apparantly Spanish speaking people. they finally informed me that they were on the rise and there was nothing I could do about it. Obama was going to see that they got amnesty.......I have never forgotten it and it appears to be true.
The time is coming when I can see taunts like that getting people shot.............

Old 09-04-2010, 06:56 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I know of similar incidents that have happened. They are becoming brazen and arrogant and so are their advocaters.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:27 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
I am a landlord in Los Angeles and yes they scream entitlement. I see some of my tenants with their WIC cards, food stamps, etc. They also ask me why I don't speak Spanish. Here in Los Angeles they burn the American flag, they stomp on it with their foot, and they drag it through dirt.

Have you ever looked at the numbers listed on the Los Angeles Times article stating how much illegals are costing us?????

Have you seen the flood of the children in our schools?

Do you know about how they want to double our property taxes (which already is a fortune) due to the needing of approx. 86 new schools due to the population growth?

Have you looked at the population of Hispanics/Latins in the public school system in Los Angeles?

YES they scream entitlement all the time. Have you read any news articles recently? Do you live in a city or state that has an illegal immigration problem? I do and I know.
In Gainesville Fl we have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the state. The last time they had to build a new high school was over 25 yrs ago. All jobs are being done without a illegal work force. Gainesville is a reflection of legal immigration from across the globe. I pray we are spared of a large illegal population.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:30 PM

256 posts, read 287,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
I don't get this since of "entitlement"
Take a look at this video and see what they're teaching illegal alien children and the Anchor Babies in schools across America. If we ever go to war with Mexico The Mexican Army is already here! WAKE AMERICA UP!

Ron Gochez. Reconquista activist.

http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/ron-gochez-reconquista-activist/36028864277085236

Old 09-05-2010, 09:03 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I know of similar incidents that have happened. They are becoming brazen and arrogant and so are their advocaters.
I have personally witnessed this myself. You don't even have to say anything to them sometimes, they will simply arrogantly inform you that they are "on the rise" and are "outbreeding" you. It's disgusting.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLer2562 View Post
Finally! An intelligent, educated person.

Hispanic is not a race.

I don't know what they're so upset about. They already have way more freebies and opportunities than America gave to, say, Italians, Poles, and Jews. My ancestors with those bloodlines had to struggle very hard. No signs were in Italian, Polish, or Hebrew. In those households, speaking the native tongue of the mother country was frowned upon. English was the way. It seems like today's immigrants are the complete opposite.

actually the poster you quoted overlooked the obvious. (as are you )
Those Latin countries prosecute illegial aliens as criminals.
we dont.
so try again, and thanks for playing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration