Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:08 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Oh, thank you, I was waiting for someone to say that! You agree that just because someone isn't a citizen or doesn't have a visa it doesn't mean they aren't working incredibly hard!

Wait!? They aren't immigrants!? Let's see what the definition is:

Immigration: A person who comes to a country where they were not born in order to settle there

Oh wait, of course I was correct.

Explain, with sources, how they and they alone caused America to go bankrupt?

Also, how they are stealing jobs, and how one "steals" a position you need to be hired for?

So you're saying all take part in Identification theft and use false Social Security numbers. Okay, since you're going by stereotypes, you must be overweight, and lazy, the latter is why they are here.

We'll I don't see that happening, but if you look at my location you can see that it's not like there aren't any around here.

Starting with the obvious, I never said anything about income taxes, I just said taxes. Since any extra little bit you pay is a tax to a Conservative, they clearly are.

But, here, let me Google that for you.

Wow, here's one of the first five links!:

Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think
Evidenty you can't read. I said it was stereotyping to claim that ALL immigrants and illegal aliens are hard workers. It makes no more sense than stating that ALL American citizens are hard working.

I never said that illegal aliens were the ONLY reason this country was bankrupt but they are a factor.

According to goverment immigration terms anyone in this country illegally is an illegal alien not a plain ole immigrant.

You steal a job when you offer to do it cheaper when you don't even have the right to work here. Just because the employer offers them a job doesn't give them the right to take it.

No, not all illegals steal I.D. to work. Some get paid under the table and it's still against the law and is considered to be tax evasion. They don't pay in enough taxes to cover their social costs either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 09:14 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Non reporting of cash income is also a Felony so I stand by what I stated that 100% of all illegal aliens are criminals.
Go back through what I said and read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Evidenty you can't read. I said it was stereotyping to claim that ALL immigrants and illegal aliens are hard workers. It makes no more sense than stating that ALL American citizens are hard working.

What you said in that post does not line up with what you are posting now.

I never said that illegal aliens were the ONLY reason this country was bankrupt but they are a factor.

I said source, where is it?

According to goverment immigration terms anyone in this country illegally is an illegal alien not a plain ole immigrant.

Again, source?

You steal a job when you offer to do it cheaper when you don't even have the right to work here. Just because the employer offers them a job doesn't give them the right to take it.

Hahaha!

No, not all illegals steal I.D. to work. Some get paid under the table and it's still against the law and is considered to be tax evasion. They don't pay in enough taxes to cover their social costs either.

I like how you don't put any blame on the people hiring them and are going out on a limb to give examples.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:27 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,519,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The best news about the Arizona illegal immigrant law as well as the law banning ethnic studies is the bonus for liberals. Now, with illegals probably avoiding Arizona, they will go to the states of liberals who will not pass any immigration laws. It is great news and win-win. The states with conservatives who enforce laws to protect thier state from the flood of illegals will get fewer and fewer illegals, while those who pass no such laws will be flooded. Great news for liberals, as now they will have to pay for the education, healthcare, and housing for the illegals, which is exactly what they had hoped for.
I've tried to really understand the liberals, in fact the other
day I asked one what he thought we should do about immigration bill and he said "I think we ought to pay it"

Old 05-16-2010, 09:36 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR

Wait!? They aren't immigrants!? Let's see what the definition is:

Immigration: A person who comes to a country where they were not born in order to settle there
Well then, an unwanted uninvited person who breaks into a country illegally to settle there then could only be called a delusional immigrant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530
Good, it's settled then. Starting now, we're moving the illegals to Chicago, next door to thePR's house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePr
I don't see that happening, but if you look at my location you can see that it's not like there aren't any around here.
Ahh. If you live in Chicago then you must mean that you're in Luis Gutierrez's grotesquely gerrymandered 4th district which is predominately Mexican with a huge illegal alien infestation?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times
"What you said in that post does not line up with what you are posting now".
"
PR, go back and read my original post. I reinterated exactly what I said the first time.

I don't need to provide you with a source for the correct government term for those in our country illegally it is common knowledge and you know it.

I never said that I don't blame the employers also. In fact I have said over and over in this forum that I blame both the employers and the illegals for taking jobs from Americans and breaking the law. Of course you would never blame the illegals at all, would you? Yet, I am the one being biased here?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Ahh. If you live in Chicago then you must mean that you're in Luis Gutierrez's grotesquely gerrymandered 4th district which is predominately Mexican with a huge illegal alien infestation?
Just as if you're from Arizona you must be in the 2nd district?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
the astounding point is that cavanagh and mccain would have to go appeal to the public to enforce the law, the laws that the feds swore to enforce and did not.
the feds are doing everything in their power to prevent AZ in pursuing their purpose, enforce federal law. the others states will indeed soon follow. maybe even here.
signed
a tree hugger

Old 05-16-2010, 11:46 PM

346 posts, read 709,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the astounding point is that cavanagh and mccain would have to go appeal to the public to enforce the law, the laws that the feds swore to enforce and did not.
the feds are doing everything in their power to prevent AZ in pursuing their purpose, enforce federal law. the others states will indeed soon follow. maybe even here.
signed
a tree hugger

In America we have gotten to the point where ANY law that is for the good of our citizens that may "hurt the feelings" of some will be protested. The liberal media makes things a whole lot worse by refusing to show both sides, so people will continue to be uninformed and think they are protesting some Draconian law.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
ALL immigrants work hard, pay taxes, are pro-education, and make the nation stronger. They are still immigrants, I was not wrong to just say "immigrant" as that's what they are. You have yet to show anything with your posts other than you lack any information.

The key here is ILLEGAL. They are in the country ILLEGALLY. One third of the prisoners in federal prisons are ILLEGALS. The myth that they are all here to work hard is a myth. They burden the border states with the cost of healthcare, education and social programs.

I am sorry that you are that confused, but as noted above, there is a marked difference between an illegal and a legal immigrant.

You should be thrilled about the Arizona law, as the illegals will probably come to your state, and then you will be happy. Your state can pay for thier healthcare, education, and housing. It will demonstrate that you actually want to put your money where your mouth is and pay for these things yourself, rather than dictating that citizens of other states pay.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:01 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The best news about the Arizona illegal immigrant law as well as the law banning ethnic studies is the bonus for liberals. Now, with illegals probably avoiding Arizona, they will go to the states of liberals who will not pass any immigration laws. It is great news and win-win. The states with conservatives who enforce laws to protect thier state from the flood of illegals will get fewer and fewer illegals, while those who pass no such laws will be flooded. Great news for liberals, as now they will have to pay for the education, healthcare, and housing for the illegals, which is exactly what they had hoped for.

No need to put ignorant right wing / moronic statements in here. It just reinforces the red-neck idiot conservative image that every issue on the planet is due to the left (the right had 8 years in office and we all know how that turned out)
Keep in mind more REPUBLICANS support amnesty for illegals (mccain anyone?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration