Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 06:32 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,789 times

Advertisements

As States crack down and illegal aliens scramble, soon they will have no place to go but back home...

Lawmaker Leads Campaign to Drive Out Illegal Entrants as Issue Touches Home in States Far From the U.S. Border.

Quote:
"My idea is to slowly but surely roll down the welcome mat for illegals," Mr. Terrill said during an interview at the state capitol. Latin Americans, he said, won't acculturate as did previous waves of U.S. immigrants.
In coming weeks, Mr. Terrill said he planned to introduce a bill similar to Arizona's new law, making illegal immigration a state crime. His legislation would add asset-seizure and forfeiture provisions for immigration-related crimes and harsher penalties for undocumented immigrants caught with weapons.
Soon, he plans to attack birthright citizenship, which he describes as the "holy grail of illegal immigration." The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees that anyone born in the U.S. is a citizen. Mr. Terrill said it was "intended to give freed slaves citizenship," not confer it upon the children of undocumented immigrants.
New Immigration Debate in Oklahoma - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
As long as the federal government refuses to enforce our immigration laws, most states will be forced to enact tough anti-illegal laws. I wonder if CA and Mexico will decide to boycott those states as well. If the federal government ever does its job, do you think CA and Mexico will refuse federal funds?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:07 AM

Tides are turning, even those politicians who've remained stoic on the issue realize stepping in to rid this country of this illegal invasion is politically successful. America has been screaming and now we are doing. CA will, I predict, as well as other previously pro-illegal states will have no recourse but to follow. The government cannot monetarily sustain foreigners on our soil any longer.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times
The hammer!

They better get, while the gett'ns good.

I can tell you right now, I'm not the only one willing to bare arms and put my life on the line, for America.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:42 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,533,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I can tell you right now, I'm not the only one willing to bare arms and put my life on the line, for America.
Works for me

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM

It's like watching a pot boil, slowly, then before you know it, it's boiling over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration