Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM

152 posts, read 336,076 times

Advertisements

"California was once a part of Mexico, genius. Much of the southwestern part of the United States was at one time. In fact, we moved into their territory, they allowed us to live there under certain conditions, and then we proceeded to violate those conditions. It's called history, maybe you should start learning it. ' We understand history, do you understand progress. England used to control New York, then we declared independence had a war and biult a country, similar to what we did in the south Western Part of the country, do we still take orders from England or pay them taxes, What do you think we owe Mexico, unlimited services for all Mexican citizens that sneak over. Boundaries and borders change, certain counties make better use of resources then others, that is history. Arizona is following the law, not making history.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 PM

425 posts, read 1,959,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floritar View Post
"California was once a part of Mexico, genius. Much of the southwestern part of the United States was at one time. In fact, we moved into their territory, they allowed us to live there under certain conditions, and then we proceeded to violate those conditions. It's called history, maybe you should start learning it. ' We understand history, do you understand progress. England used to control New York, then we declared independence had a war and biult a country, similar to what we did in the south Western Part of the country, do we still take orders from England or pay them taxes, What do you think we owe Mexico, unlimited services for all Mexican citizens that sneak over. Boundaries and borders change, certain counties make better use of resources then others, that is history. Arizona is following the law, not making history.
I never said anything about us owing Mexico anything, did I? I just stated a fact. Also, history is made everyday and such a law may have a big impact - and it may not. People will be talking about today's events 20-30 years from now.

Also, you assume because I don't support this bill that I support illegal immigration. I have not, in fact, stated how I feel on the subject. I have made points in their defense, yes, but they were merely points. Do I think people should immigrate to the US legally? Yes. When someone plans to emigrate, they should do so legally. But I do understand that it can be hard just to travel to the United States, let alone emigrate to it and many may do so illegally out of desperation. Frankly, I have other things to worry about than someone trying to improve their life and the lives of their children. I'm not saying they're all good people, but they're not all drug dealing bangers, either.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:03 AM

422 posts, read 1,274,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
The mayor of LA would be forgotten. Californians would rage at Arizona.

California is not going to renegotiate its ownership interest in the power plants.

So.... send the electricity, send the water and don't visit California.

You will not be missed.
Wow! I never had a negative opinion of Californian's before, and now I do! Thank you goodneighbor1234 (good neighbor NOT!) for opening my eyes. Enjoy your population boom as AZ unloads illegals to your cesspool of a state. No wonder Californians are so cranky lately.

Last edited by xwideopenskyx; 05-21-2010 at 02:14 AM.. Reason: Add a comment

Old 05-21-2010, 10:21 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,430,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
Wow! I never had a negative opinion of Californian's before, and now I do! Thank you goodneighbor1234 (good neighbor NOT!) for opening my eyes. Enjoy your population boom as AZ unloads illegals to your cesspool of a state. No wonder Californians are so cranky lately.
Not 'tic for tac' but I believe Arizonans are the ones being "cranky" & who would blame them since their state is facing boycotts from all over the nation. Time to get beyond "cranky" & solve what is now a much worse situation than mere border control.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 AM

11 posts, read 13,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floritar View Post

Let's give it back to Mexico. Mexico can then pay all their debts. The only problem is California will then turn into a slum and the Mexicans will try to cross into other states that they will eventually destroy.

The reality is the Mexicans undercut wages and destroy the economy. If they added anything to the economy then they would simply improve their own economy instead of coming here.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
LA mayor: okay, when people die from the AC being out, businesses lose hundreds of millions of dollars in costs, we'll go to the nearest federal court judge and level a lawsuit against you personally for said costs, and level criminal charges of multiple counts of negligent homicide.

At least that's what should happen.

Should Arizona do the same thing because of the boycott initiated by California?

Since California initiated the boycott then shouldn't the "victims" sue California?

Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
LA can fight back by cutting off Arizona Access to the Port of Los Angeles and blocking there ways of importing goods by Rail.

That is OK. The majority of the country supports Arizona. We will back them and cut off California.

How is Chris Christie doing in NJ? The fact that he is now the governor tells you the mood of the people.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:04 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,387,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zete374 View Post
Should Arizona do the same thing because of the boycott initiated by California?

Since California initiated the boycott then shouldn't the "victims" sue California?
Lets look at this in a real light, California is not boycotting Arizona, it's just a few wacked out mayors crying, I don't know one person who is boycotting Arizona

Old 05-21-2010, 11:07 AM

422 posts, read 1,274,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Not 'tic for tac' but I believe Arizonans are the ones being "cranky" & who would blame them since their state is facing boycotts from all over the nation. Time to get beyond "cranky" & solve what is now a much worse situation than mere border control.
Actually, many Arizonan's are happy that our govenor is taking care of business for a change. We are not having temper tantrums like the vocal minority in CA. The LA city council and others made you look ridiculous to the rest of the country. We know now that your allegiance is to a FOREIGN NATION and not the USA. We also realize that not all Californians have the same views. You called for the boycotts, now prepare for the backlash of the silent majority from the rest of the nation of law abiding citizens who support AZ.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,430,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
Actually, many Arizonan's are happy that our govenor is taking care of business for a change. We are not having temper tantrums like the vocal minority in CA. The LA city council and others made you look ridiculous to the rest of the country. We know now that your allegiance is to a FOREIGN NATION and not the USA. We also realize that not all Californians have the same views. You called for the boycotts, now prepare for the backlash of the silent majority from the rest of the nation of law abiding citizens who support AZ.
Bring it on, pal. And is the "silent majority" backlash going to also effect?:

West Hollywood
San Diego, CA
Boulder, CO
Sacramento, CA
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Oakland, CA-
Boston
El Paso, TX
St. Paul, MN

How about the cities in Arizona who are about to take legal action against their own state?:

"Additionally, the local leadership of Tucson, Flagstaff, San Luis and Bisbee are now in the process of taking legal action against their own state government".
Cities boycotting Arizona turned their backs on Americans long ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration