Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,481,596 times

Advertisements

This guy was told to remain in Mexico while the authorities there investigated the case. He goes MISSING over the weekend then SHOWS UP IN LOS ANGELES yesterday!

Keep in mind they CONFISCATED HIS PASSPORT after his wife went missing so he couldn't leave Mexico!

What I found absolutely incredible is that the S.O.B. got back in the USA with NO PASSPORT. If that's not INDISPUTABLE PROOF that the US/Mexico border is broken I don't know what more it's going to take!

Bruce Beresford-Redman, 'Survivor' Producer Questioned In Wife's Death, Returns To LA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 02:16 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,051,447 times
While I agree that we need to reinforce our borders, I highly doubt that this individual crossed the desert. Most likely, he did it through one of the legal ports of entry...very likely that somebody let him in.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:23 PM

He entered without a passport. It's not known HOW he entered the US. And truthfully it really doesn't matter if he crossed the desert or drove in.

They wouldn't allow him on the PLANE first of all. He would have to come through airport customs so we know he didn't come by jet.

He went missing in Mexico, the cops there lost track of him and didn't know where he was.

And he entered the US illegally.

Period.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:36 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,051,447 times
Are you open for dialogue or is it my way or the highway...period? I'm trying to have a discussion here.

When someone says "broken border", I think of the land, desert, open space that is not protected, that is unsupervised. I never think of the legal ports of entry as a broken border. However, if you have never crossed the border, I can understand where you are coming from. I have crossed the border....through the legal ports of entry many, many, many times. The legal ports of entry are supervised and have sone of the most high tech equipment to check number of travellers, hidden or otherwise. Crossing over through the legal ports of entry is one of most difficult ways of crossing the border illegaly. My opinion, is that this person was not checked at the border because he looked Caucasian or he said he forgot his passport but had an ID and was given a pass. It certainly means that Homeland Security needs to be aware Of this. No border is 100% secure.

As for this murderer, I hope they get the Interpol after him. I doubt the US will do nothing about it.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,302,670 times
Quote:
According to the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. citizens entering the United States by air must show a passport. However, citizens entering by land and or sea can show several other types of documents, including an enhanced driver's license.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM

Time will tell I'd like to know how he was able to get out of Mexico when he was told not to leave, and how he entered the USA with no passport. As far as that enhanced driver's license, it hasn't been proven that he used one to enter the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration