Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Support for border crackdown grows « - Blogs from CNN.com

Quote:
A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey indicates that nearly nine out of ten Americans want to beef up U.S. law enforcement along the border with Mexico.

Forty-one percent of people questioned in the survey say all illegal immigrants currently in the country should be removed, up 15 points from 2008. And 88 percent say more federal law enforcement officials are need along the border with Mexico, up 14 points from four years ago.

"Overall, three-quarters say that the number of illegal immigrants should be reduced.
57% also support Arizona's law, 71% support employer crackdown.

Again, the democrats and obama are on the WRONG side of the issue, as they usual are.

I beg them, I plead with them, please, please, please PUSH your amnesty ideas and keep on knocking Arizona.

Oh and please DO have your DOJ challenge the law.

Last edited by sanrene; 05-26-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 12:13 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
1200 troops is MASSIVE? Not! But I sure didn't expect even that many.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:15 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
After watching these video's, it makes me sick to know that our government is well aware of OTM coming across those borders. If we are attacked from the inside, they are responsible for not doing their job and knowingly allowing it to continue.

Channel 2 Investigates U.S Part 1

Channel 2 Investigates U.S Part 2

Old 05-26-2010, 12:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I was thinking the same thing. The DOJ challenge would be the final nail in the Democrats' coffin. All those 2008 votes single-handedly piissed away by a single press release announcing the challenge. There are not enough voting Hispanics in this nation to counter the Independent and moderate swing back to the right that will happen if Obama is seen as being pro-illegal immigation.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
1200 troops is MASSIVE? Not! But I sure didn't expect even that many.
No, not the troops (publicity stunt) obama is engaged in. Do people realize they are not going there to enforce the immigration laws?

They are going down there to help with border security regarding the little civil war going on between the drug lords and the Mexican government.

Massive support from the poll.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:51 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times
More would be in favor of the AZ law if they had a better grasp of it.
Just a guess here but i would say probably even at least 50-57% of democrat voters..
Are in favor of tighter immigration controls and enforcement of the law.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:54 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
After watching these video's, it makes me sick to know that our government is well aware of OTM coming across those borders. If we are attacked from the inside, they are responsible for not doing their job and knowingly allowing it to continue.

Channel 2 Investigates U.S Part 1

Channel 2 Investigates U.S Part 2
Everyone needs to watch these videos. I saw them a while back and it's FRIGHTENING to know that probable Islamic jihadists are entering our country with such ease.

It's the Federal government's duty to protect its borders and protect its citizens. Not only are they failing at that, but the idiot in charge at ICE is flat out refusing to enforce the laws on the books. Who gave him the right to pick and choose which laws he wants to enforce? Either do your job or go sit in unemployment.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Support for border crackdown grows « - Blogs from CNN.com

57% also support Arizona's law, 71% support employer crackdown.

Again, the democrats and obama are on the WRONG side of the issue, as they usual are.

I beg them, I plead with them, please, please, please PUSH your amnesty ideas and keep on knocking Arizona.

Oh and please DO have your DOJ challenge the law.
Another silly post. Good job!

Obama and Democrats are not against securing the border and reducing the inflow of illegal immigrants; they are against the specific law that Arizona enacted to try to do so.

Obama just sent 1,200 NG troops down there and allocated another $500M to border security. I'm not sure how that is fundamentally the "wrong side". More is of course needed.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Really support for secure borders.. what a concept... it has been that way for about 20 years.
Government just doesnt want to do it because it sees VOTES!
Soon they will be getting alot of votes.... VOTING THEM ALL OUT!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont know about massive but you got my vote. its gotten bad its either fight or fold.
no amnesty go seek a better life in your own country guys we got 11% unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration