Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:26 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times

Advertisements

Too bad the President doesn't uphold the federal immigration laws then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,401 times
ALL involved in the perpetuation of illegal immigration need to be arrested. Sort it out then. Employers, jailed, fined-no more license, illegals, deported, government impeached and jailed.

We need to clean house.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
If that could ever happen.

I'm just hoping he won't win an reelection.

I'm beginning to wonder what John McCain would do/say about illegal immigrants if he'd won.
McCain was pretty bad -- maybe worse. They're all about cheap labor for the international corporations. They are their puppets.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:16 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
instead of enforcing the laws that it created, federal government is openly attacking AZ
when the law breaks the law there is no law. (billy jack 1972)

Old 05-29-2010, 08:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Friday urged the Supreme Court to prevent Arizona from enforcing a law that punishes businesses that employ illegal immigrants, arguing that federal immigration law trumps state efforts.
The administration's views, contained in a new filing at the high court, are similar to concerns President Barack Obama has expressed about a new Arizona law that cracks down on illegal immigrants.

SNIP....

Administration seeks employer sanctions review - Politics- msnbc.com

I am so pissed right now......just what the hell else can this sonofabitch do to undermine this country....

I hope the SCOTUS shoves this right up his A$$

Nice Memorial Day effort by the "poser in chief"

Bastard.

JMO
BL
What more will he do? You know I respect the office of our President, but I am losing respect for him more by the day..

Nita

Old 05-29-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Employers shouldn't be punished for employing illegals. They are employers. They run a business. They should not be made to be immigration officials or enforce U.S. laws.

We should start putting immigration officials in jail for not doing their job. They are the ones responsible. Not employers.
sorry, I totally disagree with you, if an employer has checked and the person presents a green card or some other form of identity that shows he/she is her legally, then the employer has done what can be done, but if nothing is checked and a company continually hires illegals yes, the employer shoud be held responsible. This doesn't mean the immigration dept shouldn't be held responsible as well, but all avenues need to be controlled. Whatever it takes to keep them out, needs to be done.

Nita

Old 05-29-2010, 09:04 AM

706 posts, read 940,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What more will he do? You know I respect the office of our President, but I am losing respect for him more by the day..

Nita

I respect the "Office" as well. But, in regards to illegal immigration, the last two occupants of that office have done next to nothing to earn my respect. The current "resident in chief" has done more to damage whatever vestiges of border enforcement this country has left.

A president cannot earn respect unless he represents the best interests of this country and Her citizens.

Shrub failed, and Barry continues to pour salt on the wound.

JMO

BL

Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 AM

8,631 posts, read 10,159,573 times
I have a BIG issue with some employers who can do half-a$$ed background checks on regular citizens like myself (and find information on someone else with the same name and birthday who has felonies and link that information to my report), yet illegal immigrants are finding work.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:18 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Employers are knowingly hiring illegals so they can pay less in wages. They should be punished.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I respect the "Office" as well. But, in regards to illegal immigration, the last two occupants of that office have done next to nothing to earn my respect. The current "resident in chief" has done more to damage whatever vestiges of border enforcement this country has left.

A president cannot earn respect unless he represents the best interests of this country and Her citizens.

Shrub failed, and Barry continues to pour salt on the wound.

JMO

BL
but the others, which believe me I am not siding with either, didn't respond the way Pres Obama has responded. Something has to be done, hopefully in 2012 we will get a President that will address the issue and react. This isn't saying there is no room for some compromises, there is, this is saying, it is time for our leaders to take their heads out of the sand and time for them to put America first.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration