Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 07:35 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,802 times

Advertisements

Believe me many of the illegals are leaving AZ. They are afraid that one or more family members will be locked up and then deported. The school districts are very worried. The school districts will lose about $4500 per kid annualy.

At least we won't have to pay for their doctor bills anymore, but we will lose a lot of tax money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 PM

143 posts, read 364,943 times
Default No- not a word if they came legally!

What exactly is wrong with enforcing laws. So I don't like speed limits - does that mean I can drive 100 mph down Camelback??? Yes, I can - but then I had also better expect to go to jail!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
They came to the US to have better lives.
Just like OUR relatives did in the past.
I do not remember OUR relatives, asking the Native Americans for permission to settle here?
My guess is, if the illegals were all Swedes or German's.
You wouldn't have heard a peep out of Arizona.........................................

Steve

Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 PM

163 posts, read 240,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
They came to the US to have better lives.
Just like OUR relatives did in the past.
I do not remember OUR relatives, asking the Native Americans for permission to settle here?
My guess is, if the illegals were all Swedes or German's.
You wouldn't have heard a peep out of Arizona.........................................

Steve
I also do not remember OUR relatives looking for handouts and expecting an easy life. I DO remember them assimilating and making their own way without help from anyone.

And if the Swedish or German illegals you refer to were putting themselves in the spotlight by marching in the streets demanding we adapt to what THEY want and that we foot the bills for their existence, you bet you'd be hearing the same peep you're hearing now...guaranteed.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:08 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,701,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
What exactly is wrong with enforcing laws. So I don't like speed limits - does that mean I can drive 100 mph down Camelback??? Yes, I can - but then I had also better expect to go to jail!!!!!!!!!
If this is about enforcing existing laws, then why did AZ need a new law?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 AM

560 posts, read 1,715,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
Because the state could not enforce federal law... now they can.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:49 AM

210 posts, read 408,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilegal1 View Post
If they were LEGAL immigrants, that would be much better. But Illegals, not. Let them go to your midwest and see how you like it.
I moved to New Mexico and my opinion is about how immigrants affect New Mexico, to me the midwest is old news. But we did have many undocumented immigrants in the city I lived in and they were our next door neighbors and close friends.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:50 AM

210 posts, read 408,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
I also do not remember OUR relatives looking for handouts and expecting an easy life. I DO remember them assimilating and making their own way without help from anyone.

And if the Swedish or German illegals you refer to were putting themselves in the spotlight by marching in the streets demanding we adapt to what THEY want and that we foot the bills for their existence, you bet you'd be hearing the same peep you're hearing now...guaranteed.
How do they demand handouts? Most are working and paying into social security, which they will never be able to collect.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:09 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest liberal View Post
How do they demand handouts? Most are working and paying into social security, which they will never be able to collect.
I used to accept the illegals (and even defend them), but I finally realized what they are, and that is they are cockroaches. They feed on us and ruin our lives as Americans. There are some of them that are hard working good people, but they are in the minority. In general, they come here to exploit us, and they are succeeding. Read this and tell me how they do not demand handouts.

Cheap Tomatoes - an English teacher speaks out!

This English teacher has phrased it the best I've seen yet!
She is with LAUSD but it could be anywhere USA.

"As you listen to the news about the student protests
over illegal immigration, there are some things that you
should be aware of: I am in charge of the
English-as-a-second-language department
at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1
school, meaning that its students average lower socio-economic and income
levels.
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection. Please provide a link to the original

Last edited by Yac; 06-01-2010 at 03:00 AM..

Old 05-31-2010, 06:32 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,263,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
Because the state could not enforce federal law... now they can.
States can enforce federal laws. That's not really the issue. The problem is conviction under the Federal law is a misdemeanor, which does not necessarily lead to deportation under current policy. Conviction under the state law is a felony which nearly automatically results in deportation and no chance of ever being allowed back in legally.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:55 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,918,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
Federal regulations are often adopted by states as the MINIMAL basis for state law. There is nothing to prevent states from imposing even stricter laws.

PS That essay from the California teacher should be read by every eastern liberal who defends ILLEGAL immigration into the USA!

Last edited by jaxart; 05-31-2010 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration