Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 02:28 PM

3 posts, read 9,342 times

Advertisements

My job will be transferring from Kansas City, MO to Edwardsville, IL in November. I am currently looking for places to stay in the chicago area. Nothing I find online seems to be remotely close to Edwardsville. I will be in Chicago in August to start the looking process. My job does not seem to be close to anything I find online.... any suggestions on apartments or townhomes and High Schools would be appreciated! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 04:31 PM

12 posts, read 55,170 times
OMG - Edwardsville is down by St. Louis, yes? [i.e. - no where near Chicago!]

Old 07-23-2007, 05:35 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,417,868 times
"eljaykay" is correct. Edwardsville, IL is indeed much closer to St. Louis (MO) than it is to Chicago. It's about 23.6 miles northeast of St. Louis in fact (I mapped it out). Your best bet would be to look for housing in that region. For an ideal commute time, look in the areas that are in Illinois, east of the Mississippi River as they will be closer to Edwardsville. Watch out for high crime areas (ie. East St. Louis, IL which is one of the most dangerous ghetto's in America) when you are searching for housing down there. Your best bet would be to look around in the St. Louis (Missouri) section of the City-Data website. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnovember View Post
My job will be transferring from Kansas City, MO to Edwardsville, IL in November. I am currently looking for places to stay in the chicago area. Nothing I find online seems to be remotely close to Edwardsville. I will be in Chicago in August to start the looking process. My job does not seem to be close to anything I find online.... any suggestions on apartments or townhomes and High Schools would be appreciated! Thanks.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 9,342 times
Thanks a lot... I was beginning to think that. Everytime I pulled up a search most places were in St. Louis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois