Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 03:47 AM

2 posts, read 7,146 times

Advertisements

What is the biggest hospital or clinic in the Galesburg Area? Is it even in Galesburg or nearby town. I'm planning on visiting Galesburg and the Monmouth area and would like some info on what to expect. Maybe what hotels to stay in or restaurants to dine in. Any good Italian? What time does the town closes or people sleep? Any watering hole worth paying a visit? Does it get really cold at night or how hot does it get during the day? Thank you.

Illinois Visitor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,564 times
Default Hospitals

In Monmouth, do not go for healthcare. Small 20 bed hospital is there, er staffed by nurse prac or phys assis, not doctors. In Galesburg there are two hospitals; Cottage and St. Mary's. St. Marys is a better facility owned by OSF which is a large network out of Peoria. St. Marys is located right off I34 about 14 - 16 miles from monmouth and just outiside galesburg. In Peoria, OSF owns a very large, 800+ bed teaching and children's hospital that is considered to be the best hospital in Illinois outside of the Chicago area (especially for trauma). Peoria also has Methodist near St Francis which is another large 500+ teaching hospital as well but specializes more in cancer and such. there are also many small hospitals in or around peoria as well.....

Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM

28 posts, read 92,613 times
There isn't much in Galesburg as far as entertainment and things to do. The most decent hotels are Country Inn and Best Western. Otherwise there are a few bed and breakfasts that are nice. The best restaurants are The Landmark Cafe, Chez Willy's, Old Peking, Sully's Pub (famous for their wings), and The Packinghouse. La Gondola is Italian but I consider it to be fast food (think Fazoli's, only much better). It seems like everything in the town closes around 8 or 9 even on weekends, save for a few restaurants and of course the bars. You'll have to check the weather forecast for when you're visiting but during the summer it gets hot and humid just like the rest of the midwest, lately it's been around 88-92 during the day and around 75 at night, but it could get cooler. For more info. or to find out what will be going on in the area check out this site: Galesburg Area Convention & Visitors Bureau

Monmouth has a few good restaurants, my favorites are the Barnstormer and Coconuts. I believe there is an Italian place as well but I'm not sure what it's called. There are also some nice little shops around town, which is pretty much all there is to do there.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 7,146 times
Default Thanks to everyone who replied.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will enjoy my stay in Galesburg. I understand Monmouth is just a much smaller town. Thank you all.

Les
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois