Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:13 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,575,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by williepotatoes View Post
Yeah, well maybe he ought to reach out to his ex-wife and kids too. He'd have less time to invade my living room and I'd be happy.
lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,073,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williepotatoes View Post
I'm in his district and will vote against him for an entirely different reason, his intrusive and annoying robo-calls. Until recently he was relentlessly spamming our phones out here with invitations to his town meetings.

Enough people complained and now he's chilled. There's nothing worse than having a ranting politician invite himself into your home on a regular basis.
All of the idiot congress people and senators should be forced to have town hall meetings in person... maybe then they would listen to us
personally i dont have an ounce of respect for the guy but maybe there is more to his non child support than meets the eye, i dont know
but hey anyone who trys to connect to us saps who are withering on the vine has a plus in my column

Old 08-08-2011, 07:04 PM

427 posts, read 459,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
All of the idiot congress people and senators should be forced to have town hall meetings in person... maybe then they would listen to us
What about the idiot president?

Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett View Post
What about the idiot president?
I believe the President does get in= front of the poeple
too bad he doesnt listen !

Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,202,243 times
Ah yes, sensationalistic 24/7 news feeding extreme/confrontational views resulting in frustrating/ineffective government. What ever happened to people expressing views cordially with the understanding that eventually EVERYBODY is wrong at least once? Put another way, express yourself in a way that if you are wrong or misinformed you presented your view in a way where you will not be asked to eat humble pie!

The real problem is the evolution of needing to be wealthy or having the ability to raise millions of dollars to be elected. This feeds into campaign contributions that come with strings attached if someone wants to be re-elected.
Don't know the details of Rep. Walsh's case. On the surface it makes him look like a hippocrite, but I question if we really have heard both sides of the story yet. Even print journalism has been quick to print one-sided stories before they are really ready in order to sell newspapers and make headlines.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM

So true, Journalism anymore is just a tabloid one notch above the enquiring minds
just like any company they are out to make a buck and with the age of the internet quality journalists who know the meat of a story are hard to find

as odd as it may seem the dailey show on comedy central probably portrays the real world story lines

[cubssoxfan , well stated

Old 08-14-2011, 09:44 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,495,229 times
He's had time to explain his side of the story. There is no excuse for not paying child support if you have the money. If the mom didn't let him see the kids by law that is a separate issue and Walsh has the fund to hire an attorney. If he prevails on an issue such as " I wasn't allowed to see my children" he will get all his attorney's fees back and probably custody as well.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,811,640 times
I live in his district, which he won by fewer than 300 votes. Before that he won a five way primary. Melissa Bean, former businesswoman, did not hold many town hall meetings. Her predecessor, Phil Crane, was an alcoholic who rarely showed his face in the District. So I applaud Walsh for holding lots of meetings. He has recently been remapped into another District which may add to his problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois