Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:30 AM

76 posts, read 222,755 times

Advertisements

If you are employed by the state of IL, duck or you may get slapped over the head with a pink slip!!! ChicagoTribune.com 9/6/11 for details.....

Last edited by Ratdude; 09-06-2011 at 04:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,065 times
That wasn't very nice hugepossum.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:06 AM

509 posts, read 1,167,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
That wasn't very nice hugepossum.
True; sorry about that, Ratdude.

The loose/lose mistake appears to be inescapable on the internet, but I still can't figure out why it is so common. I suppose it is a pet peeve of mine.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,260,841 times
Naw, for too many taxpayers in Illinois, the bloated public workforce peppered with patronage hires has defined "loose work" very accurately for too many years!!

Old 09-06-2011, 01:20 PM

76 posts, read 222,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdude View Post
If you are employed by the state of IL, duck or you may get slapped over the head with a pink slip!!! ChicagoTribune.com 9/6/11 for details.....
lose.......sorry people, I did this posting from my Droid phone and the word prediction was on and I did not notice it......

Old 09-07-2011, 03:23 AM

78 posts, read 86,814 times
Nothing annoys me more than those that do not know the difference between lose and loose.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:03 AM

9 posts, read 15,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666northstate View Post
Nothing annoys me more than those that do not know the difference between lose and loose.
If you would have read one posting above ^, you would have read that ratdude corrected the mistake.....

Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,100,570 times
While most do not want to see anyone lose their job
many people have begged to cut down on government size

it appears either quinn listened or he is bluffing to get more funds
where the funds will come from is beyond me

i have my doubts about the toll hike as the funds can be applied to a number of areas in the state of illinois

bottom line - the NATION is broke not just Illinois
but there are people who have wanted this for months , so i hope they are not the folks complaining
to me I hate to see anyone lose their job and just wish we could get back to some sense of normal

Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,347,608 times
I hope that we can cut patronage jobs and the other "waste" but it seems like they always go for the necessary and visible (teachers & social workers) to layoff so the public feels the impact and "remembers" with a vote.

The waste has GOT to go.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:51 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,100,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
I hope that we can cut patronage jobs and the other "waste" but it seems like they always go for the necessary and visible (teachers & social workers) to layoff so the public feels the impact and "remembers" with a vote.

The waste has GOT to go.
Lets see if we can get specific on the waste

How about a contribution to a retirement plan vs. a taxpayer funded retirement plan

in the private secotor we pay thru the nose for insurance in monthly premiums and hsa accounts etc.
how about we look into a different way to determine health coverage
this could level the playing field for us tax payers who are ultimatley paying for the health costs

Lets take a long hard look at overlapping jobs and jobs that pay a huge amount of money for the actual work they perform.

I understand a principal is imortant to a school and a super but the salarys I hear are sky high

The LINK system is great for those who deserve , but I know first hand people who abuse lets actually get a dept to stop the waste and crack down on the handouts to the undeserving.

this is a touch subject for many anf for various reasons we need certain jobs and we need a caliber of smart people in jobs but i agree with you
there is so much internal waste in the state and probably every state

what about townships , lets merge townships and do away with half of the people needed to actually work in these areas. I cant imagine the waste in that level of government

anyway it would be awesome to see some random ideas .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois