Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 AM

400 posts, read 1,917,824 times

Advertisements

I spent a great deal of my childhood there and wish to return. How's the social scene there for single adults? Is Meetup pretty active there? Literary arts (creative writing classes, film classes, theater classes)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 03:27 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times
I do not Meetup. The Arts are probably found at Bradley and ISU. I am not sure about Eureka. There are two very active performing arts groups in Peoria that hold regular Calls for actors, stage hands, etc.. Peoria is a family town, so yes there are young single adults out and about on weekends, but not so much Sun -Tues.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:21 AM

562 posts, read 988,778 times
Bradley student here. Not real sure about the meetup scene outside of school, I get the feeling its a bit weak but I'd have to do some real research but I can commit to that answer.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM

223 posts, read 662,228 times
I would call Bradley and inquire about their adult education offerings that are open to the community. That might give you an idea. The Peoria Arts Guild, I believe it's called, might be another place to inquire. Peoria's a big place. I would imagine there are literary arts classes and other things going on for adults. I bet you can also do a search on Meetup and see what kind of Peoria singles groups exist. Finally, the new Caterpillar museum opened a few months ago, and I imagine the Lakeview Museum portion of it has classes, so that's another place to inquire. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times
I've never heard of Lakeview giving classes. It manages the planetarium, museum and gift shop. PAG is primarily an artist group of painters, sculptors,ect. Peoria Players and Cornstock Theatre are the two Performing Arts groups in Peoria. Both offer a children's theatre group. When I think of literary I think of Buckley and Angelou. It is a talent that is developed over many years of reading great literary works and years of coursework. I'm hard pressed to believe Bradley offers it as a Continuing Ed class, as English 101 would be more appropriate.

Peoria is over 100,000. It is not large. However, there is nothing that approaches its metropolitian size within a 100 miles in any direction. What Peoria has is a complex society that creates a diversity more like Chicago than like Atlanta. Some love it, some hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois