Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,360 times

Advertisements

I am renting a property..My lease is up next month. My landlords told me they were going to list this house, to sell. I said OK.

The realtor comes out to measure, and take pictures. A male realtor. I basically avoided him so he could do his work, take pics, etc..Next thing I new he asked if I liked to cook, because I had Food Network on..anyway.He asks if I like to cook, drink wine..(because I had a wine rack full of wine..I am assuming..But friendly never the less..

The next day. leaves voicemail stating he needs a key to get in the house. I call him back and said ok when are you coming? I will leave one in the garage under a fixture... A few days later I get a text from him, that says "on my Way" and I replied.."What"? For what? He said I need a key. I said OK, I left it in the garage where I told him, and stated not to go in my house, the house is a mess anyway... Well after a couple minutes He says.." the house looked fine..." I was shocked because between the forst text saying he was on his way, and the house looked fine was only a matter of maybe 5 minutes...He works at least 20 min from my house..So he was obviously already at or close to my house whenhe text "on my way" Then..While at my property..He saw that I have a Wax warmer, and asked me how much for a wax...I was surpried..I said 10..but I only do eyebrows..He said "boring" OMG..Then "Even after a nice bottle of Red"??? OMG..I was shocked..Then...Amidst my replies, I said I am sorry my house was a mess, I ve been running crazy.. ( even tho I was totally mad he went in ALONE) for nothing more than dropping off papers, that I said he could leave in the garage..He comes back with "Let me know when you want to get Krazy..." And spelled with a K.. Again Iwas a little put off not sure how to reply, I said I am always crazy.Spelled normally..He sent Let me know when you want to get Krazy" again!! GROSS now texting me to supply him with the names of realtors that are visiting.I think just so Ill text him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
His actions need to be reported to the owner/broker because his license is on the wall of that real-estate office. The broker/owner is responsible. You may be told that he is an independent contractor and the broker/owner has no control. He may be contracted but in some states you can get what is called an Ex-Parte Order which prohibits him from contacting you or coming onto that property while you are still under lease. This is an emergency order that is effective immediately, but there are ramifications. There has to be hearings. He must have his day in court. I don't know if a judge will rule against a realtor or not. If he does you will probably get to pay his court costs, and then get sued. Tread carefully.

I am pretty surethough that once his broker/owner knows you will file an Ex Parte Order it will cease in hurry. The offensive realtor can lose his license over it.

Change your phone number. Anyone who wants to contact you can do it at your office.

Last edited by linicx; 05-30-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
Do what linicx suggests, and if you haven't already, also explicitly tell him you're completely not interested. He's behaving unprofessionally and that needs to be reported. But he's not a mind reader - he may think there are possibilities unless you specifically tell him not.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:29 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Do not talk to him.
You did not hire him
You are contracted to your landlord until you move.
You are entitled to peaceful enjoyment of your domicile while you are under contract. It does not mean you can deny your landlord or his legal representative access to your apartment. Chicago has a long list of tenant/landlord rights. The right to harass you is not one of them

Call your landlord. Ask him why his Rep is asking you intimate questions?
Call the broker/owner/manager of the realtors office. And ask him/her the same question. Also ask him why his realtor is in your unit without a client? Ignorance of the law is no excuse and it is not limited to broker/owners or realtors. If anything bad happens to any client at the hands of his realtors, the owner/broker is in deep trouble.

Be careful what you say/write to whom because the "intent" of others is nearly 100% impossible to prove in a court without evidence, plus you can open yourself up to a slander/liable lawsuit.

Do not delete the posts. He cannot enter your apartment willy nilly and go through your things because he has a key to a lockbox. Any realtor to can get a key. LOCK YOUR VALUABLES in the bank. Buy a throw away phone at Walmart. For the next 30 days be sure to keep your first phone charged and elsewhere. Do not answer it. Give the landlord the new number for the throw away. If there is any hint that your landlord's Rep is a serious threat you do want to preserve the evidence - keep your present phone charged and the bill paid, and out of sight.
Do be observant of your surroundings until you move. Don't be afraid to use 911.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,360 times
Thank you to everyone who commented.. He hasn't contacted me, at all..I quit responding to any and all text.. I think the ol'goat got the hint!! Gross...... Hope this never happens again!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,031 times
Report him immediately to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. All persons in Illinios who are licensed are licensed through this department. I think you can file a complaint online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: