Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 AM

92 posts, read 344,815 times

Advertisements

Apparently just mentioning Candlewick Lake is invokes a lot of emotion in a lot of people. Not sure if that's a good thing.

I would suggest going to the Candlewick Lake webpage (http://www.candlewick-lake.org/outside_home.asp - broken link)and getting most info there.

This page (http://www.candlewick-lake.org/document/2008-2009_fee_schedule.pdf?18883 - broken link) lists all their fees. It doesn't have the water info, but like the earlier post mentioned that there is another related thread that has some other fee/cost information...you just have to filter out all the opinions and name-calling that is there.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:24 AM

43 posts, read 140,460 times
Default name calling

Filter the name calling??? Why filter the name calling? If you lived next door to a "family" of three kids, an uncle, a sister, a baby mamma of only one of the kids, and a former convict with no job, all living in the same house (against the CCR's by the way) and collecting welfare, that smoke weed in the garage, and were moved in from cabrinni green by the houseing authority of chicago then you would call them what they are right?
Hell, if you saw me riding through our precious neighborhood, you would call me a "biker gang" whatever... right?
I tell it like it is. I will not however use racial slangs as I dont htink that these things occur with only one race. Its across the board with the ignorance and illegal activity, and the welfare renter crap.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 AM

92 posts, read 344,815 times
Default name calling

I wasn't telling anybody to filter anything out.

What I meant was that the OP was asking about cost information and there's a lot of unrelated info being posted. The OP needs to sift through all the posts to find relevant information.

If you need to get something off your chest, then why don't you start a new thread? Nobody is stopping you.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 AM

HERES A GOOD ONE...I KNOW YOU GUYS DIG MY STORIES OF cwl.
I was leaving my house (in the car) and in the road was a lady walking with her 2-3 year old baby girl on the side of our wonderfully wide roads. I was already only going 20mph because there are alot of kids on my block and I drive slow in the hood anyway. As I get almost to them mother and daughter, a cat runs across the road and I slow down even more. Here is almost exactly what the lady yells at me..."...Shes two! she knows not to run out in front of a car!" This lady yells at me for going slow around her kid, WOW. An I mean in a tone only a 300lbs women wearing spandex shorts only could. Unbelievable.
I still drive very slow around ANY pedestrians. I am also the one who donated to the front office last year free reflective vests for the walkers in the early morning and evenings to wear. 10 of them at a cost of 15 bucks each. didnt anyone get one? The front desk lady didnt seem to care when I dropped them off so I dont expect anyone got them.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 AM

Default naaa, I like this thread

Im kinda diggin this thread. I also am into the other candlewick thread posted on this site.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:10 PM

I thought I would spark some interesting conversation about CWL. I geuss no one like to hear the truth about the place.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM

18 posts, read 54,436 times
Just remember that if CWL Public Safety pulls you over for an unjustified reason it is unlawful imprisonment. They must have a valid reason otherwise they are breaking the law. I know of one where the driver and passenger switched and they had pulled into a driveway and CWL's PS officer used their vehicle to block the vehicle in the driveway until Boone County got there. CWL will also shut off C-passes and tell you they will be turned on by that afternoon and you have to wait over a week for them to turn them back on. They are quick to shut off and slow to turn them back on.
Read the Boone County Journal. How many break-ins happen a few weeks back, something like 10. Where was public safety at that time and why did there have to be soo many? Apparently they think they have better things to do than their job.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM

Default The Break ins

I am up most nights late, wether its that I cant sleep or just getting home late and I do see public safety cruizin thru. Im in a cul-de-sac so they turn around in there. I dont mind seeing them, I just wish they would turn off the high hitter headlights when they do it.
As far as them stopping us, I think they can only take a picture of the event in action, and the tix are based on that evidence. I know I would not stop unless it is a boone county sherriff...then just to be a rebellious P***k i would go all the way to my house before talking to them.Boone Sherriffs hate us anyway so might as well get a rise out of em eh?!!
I went yesterday to pay my dues to CWL office...well tracy was in the office area there and suprisingly enough the lady was overly nice to me. Imagine that, the boss is around and they were sweet and nice, but times when he is not around they act as if WE owe THEM something!!! either way, I still had to pay alot of money for alot of nothing this year. Heck, we gotta pay 10 bucks to use the pool again!!!

I'm a little off my usual rants today, but I promise I will be back with my normal off the wall humor and sarcasm the next time. Have a great weekend fishin for algea in our wonderfull lake!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:19 AM

Default Public Safety

Weel someone in the office at Candlewick is reading this...Last night about 11:00pm or so Public Safety turned around in the cul-de-sac and this time they turned thier high beams off after they scanned the empty lot next to me.
The newest people to move in to a house on my block have copmplained about the loud motorcycle that rides up the road in the middle of the night.

First off, I was here first you welfare drain on society POS.
Second, now I took the baffles off my bike and I will NOT idle thru any longer. I will be louder than the racoons knockin dishes around your nasty back porch after a rib fest with your homies.
Third....well sorry to all my hard workin nieghbors, but I dont get pushed around by those people. Take that how you want.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 AM

18 posts, read 54,436 times
Well if they want to complain they better have a better description of just a motorcycle. What color, what type, which direction. If you are just coming home or leaving it would only last a few seconds.
I would invest in a police scanner and see exactly what public safety is doing. There frequency can be found on the internet. I know that several people are also doing that right now. They do that because CWL PS is known to harrass certain homes and the owners are now documenting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois