Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 07:55 AM

43 posts, read 139,971 times

Advertisements

Drive by shooting.
ALLEGEDLY (sp)
Person driving the car used to live in CWL, still had ID with address. Drove two others into the hood with him. Shooter allegedly had gone there with some sort of grudge, found the two dudes and shot one of them in the back. ALLEGEDLY (sp).
Dog was unhurt. (ALLLEGEDLY) SP.

So, no one has contacted me from the front office about me getting on the committee to prevent the City Reject Section Eight Housing Project of CWL.
I have seen the Dodge Challenger at the office later than usual lately...someone in there must be reading my rants.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 PM

18 posts, read 54,248 times
I would highly suggest getting together some of the other residents that are having problems and start a class action lawsuit.
As for guest list. I know that there was an emergency with one person and when their guest got to the gate to get in was denied. They where told to get off of the property and in return the did and called 911.
They will write you a ticket for what ever they want if they dont like you. I know that a certain person has not had a c-pass on their vehicle for over a year and refuses to get one and has never had a ticket.
I would highly recommend documenting everything and when ever you go thru the gate set your cell phone up to record - CWL claims that they record but if you ever ask for something they refuse to give you a copy.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:04 AM

43 posts, read 139,971 times
Has my blogging privilige been revoked?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:50 PM

45 posts, read 106,996 times
Greetings all.

Any good food near CWL? I am up for a casual atmosphere. Is the Dockside Grill ok?

Have a good day. Thank You

Old 08-26-2009, 10:57 PM

44 posts, read 133,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmc View Post
Has my blogging privilige been revoked?
I sure hope not. I like reading your posts.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:38 AM

10 posts, read 40,493 times
Quote:
Lets have a good ol honest thread about the experiences CWL residents have had concerning crime. I know this will get the Lake Livers(lakeside home owners) all in a tussy, but its time we started to voice what is happening.
Obviously going to board meetings is being ignored, so maybe the public talking about it will put the seriousness out there.
Here is mine, jsut a small one to get everyone started...

Five children(ages 15-17) walked by my mailbox and ripped it from the post. Same kids that walk down the middle of the street and talk an incoherent language that I think originated in Oakland California.

See, just a small one, but come on people, WAKE UP! The government has put people into these homes in our gated community and destroyed values due to the crime increase.
I just think most people are afraid to speak up because of Political Correctness overtaking this country.
To hell with PC!!! I cant wait for the day that one of these kids knock on my door...better yet have thier daddy or gaurdian or whoever come on by and have a chat with me face to face instead of being a coward and stealing in the middle oif the night. Ask me, or tell me you want to steal from me, then try it in front of me...Then we can talk.
I chased one of you down the street two nights ago and you ran like a fatherless mama baby that you are. You were screaming out for help cuz a crazy white boy was chasing you.
Pull your pants up, put down the crack pipe and step up like a man. Chicken s##t sneakin around sissys...COME OUT AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please citezens, I want to hear you stories.
First I want to say that I agree w/every one of ur posts on here. I didnt really want to post on this forum but Im fed up with Candlewick Lake.
My story is this:
In July my home had an attempted break in multiple times but didnt have any prove. The final attempt that messed with the window & so I called the police & they brought in the K-9 unit. The dog tracked the burglars 3 houses down from us, which happens to be a well known drug house & has alot of police calls there. That point being said, no one was arrested because they didnt actually break in, the three of them did get arrested for pot possession but the police said they were to busy that nite so they came back 3 days later & arrested them!! Ok my husband is a cop & he has neve heard of such a thing!! Why would wait 3 days? Anyway they have already tried over & over again but I dont even call, why? Its not like their going to anything for me. This has got to be the worst run county in IL. & Candlewick its like we live a dam cult or something. All their stupid rules that they dont even follow themselves, like speeding! Or the dam graffitti thats all over the foreclosed homes, they cleaned up the paint on the rec center & pool but these homes have been painted for a month & all I hear is "its not our responsibility." So lets promote gangs & gang violence instead. A bunch of small town, small minded idiots that run this place.
There is something Id like to discuss with you privatly but Im not sure how to do that on here cuz I just started on here. I think you would be interested. If you can let me knw on here how to send a private email.
Thanks

Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordsucksbigtime View Post
candlewick lake eh? isnt that where all the rich snobbys live? im pretty sure it is and THAT EXPlAINS IT ALL... their parents care more about their jobs more than they do about parenting as do all the rich snobbys...

I can understand why you would think that way, but in all honesty most of the people in here make an average income. All of my neighbors make between 40k-70k. IF you have a family of 4 that doesnt give you much. The parents do need to check their kids, I can say I am the only one out of my kids friends parents that has to know where, when, why & how in regards to my kid. These parents just let them roam all day n night & their only 9 & 10 yrs old. It makes really angry that these parents dont care & thats why all these kids grow up to be worthless gang bang wannabees. I just really think you need to open your eyes & realize most people in here are not rich nor claim to be. My husband makes 63k per year & provides for four people, we have two cars however one is broke & we cant afford to fix it. Please dont judge people cuz they live in this community it soo doesnt mean they are rich.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawg1594 View Post
the average income there, is in the upper 60,000's. that is really high. it's making me mad that this guy keeps calling it a hood.
Im sorry but 60k is not high, it might be high for Boone county because if you do your research statistics say that 90% of Boone county are uneducated, dont even graduate high school & make about 20-25k per year. Its not the peoples fault that actually went to college to better themselves that the residents here decided not to do anything with their life & live life in lower income families. Try going to McHenry county where the average income is 70k-100k or more. Homes that are 145,000 here go for 300,000 there. People are calling it the "HOOD" because of the ***** heads that moved in here & continue to do so. Personally I dont care how much money anyone makes, it doesnt make the person. However, everyone should no what right & wrong is & how to treat others as well as how to raise their children that way.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
One more thing, Poplar Grove is just the address we have, Candlewick is what I refer to as the hood...Moreover the SW quadrent. That is where the most concentration of rentals and hud and section 8 homes are. No coincedence that it is also where most of the crime and public safety calls occur in CWL.
Polar Grove is great, but the Hood is the Hood.
I agree with you, unfortunatly we started renting a really nice home in the SW quadrant of Candlewick without knowing that all the crime stems from this area. It makes me really angry that we moved here thinking its a safe neighborhood for our kids to grow up in & its worse than where we came from. I am not section 8 housing either, were close to what you make. My husband makes 63k a year for a four person household. We live paycheck to paycheck trying to scrape by. It just pisses me off that we have hard working citizens like ourselves that pay for everything we have only to have hoodlums steal it.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:22 PM

342 posts, read 1,227,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammygr29 View Post
Im sorry but 60k is not high, it might be high for Boone county because if you do your research statistics say that 90% of Boone county are uneducated, dont even graduate high school & make about 20-25k per year. Its not the peoples fault that actually went to college to better themselves that the residents here decided not to do anything with their life & live life in lower income families. Try going to McHenry county where the average income is 70k-100k or more. Homes that are 145,000 here go for 300,000 there. People are calling it the "HOOD" because of the ***** heads that moved in here & continue to do so. Personally I dont care how much money anyone makes, it doesnt make the person. However, everyone should no what right & wrong is & how to treat others as well as how to raise their children that way.
boone county is not poor at all. it is the 13th richest county in illinois out of 102.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois