Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:10 PM

33 posts, read 133,024 times

Advertisements

[quote=allisinwonderland;11115849]ATTENTION CANDLEWICK RESIDENTS... DID YOU GET THIS LETTER IN THE MAIL FROM A RESIDENT IN CANDLEWICK TITLED," THE CANDLEWICK VOICE. A CAUSE FOR CHANGE IN OUR COMMUNITY." PLEASE READ THE EXCERPT FROM THE NOTICE AND I STRONLY BELIEVE IF YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR COMMUNITY WE NEED TO CONTACT THIS GENTLEMAN @ CANDLEWICK_VOICE @ YAHOO.COM AND SIGN HIS PETITION CONCERING OUR PUBLIC SAFETY. MAYBE SOMETHING GOOD CAN FINALLY COME OUT OF THIS. SEE BELOW:
[SIZE=3]Candlewickers, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We have been unit (property) owners in Candlewick, since Oct 31, 1996. A lot has changed with in that time, but what hasn’t changed is our security department. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Three years ago, when I realized how big Candlewick had grown and the problems that were going to be ahead of us. I researched outsourcing our public safety for a board member, which is no longer on the board.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I took the SPI Proposal and their top guys to a public safety meeting. I liked this company, out of the three that I had found, for the reasons listed below.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3]They work in conjunction with Boone County Police Dept and Candlewick.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3]They are already trained and insured, which we no longer have to absorb these costs.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3]This company came highly recommended from several references.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3]The professionalism is outstanding.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3]They have legal right to act as law enforcers.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3]SPI will do a better job for the same price we are paying now.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I don’t want to spend the money on this sad excuse of Public Safety any longer. We have outgrown our little group of officers. We need to open our eyes and see that we are dealing with things that we are not capable of handling any longer on our own. Drive by shootings, crack houses, burglaries, dead children, a drowning in the lake, attempted rape by a landlord to their tenant, lots of vandalism of gang signs, gang bangers, over 5 registered sex offenders living behind the gates with us, etc. Unfortunately, these are the reasons we need to step out of the box and change our thinking.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]In the last 13 years, we have installed a security system, inside and outside the house, yet I also pay for the Public Safety. The bottom line is our Public Safety that is currently in place CAN NOT protect us. Boone County Sheriff’s Dept will not patrol, but will only answer calls to our home. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Since the Public Safety Committee WILL NOT bring this to the Board of Directors, I’m bringing it to you. Please go online and sign the petition for these changes. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Allison in wonderland, this was sent to all CWL Residents you included and yes this consists of a large group of homeowners over 100+ that is striving to make the changes the Board fails to do anything about, I hear a lot of complaining but no one has the balls enough to join the group.
Do not quote one person on your post unless you have stated all the facts. go to the email if you would like more information.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM

I'm not sure where you obtained your information but homes within CWL update: homes that originally bought for 169,000 are now going for 90,000.
a home was just purchased for 65,000. the average income is around 30,000 annual salary.
If you work near Chicago your wages go up but the Rockford area pays WI wages $8-$12 per hour.
IT information technology in Chicago around $40,000 annually, Rockford if your lucky $30,000-$35,000.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:27 PM

Instead of posting all these comments, put your effort into making a difference. There was a post with an email of Candlewick_Voice@yahoo.com leave your email address and come to the meetings, give your input and help to make this a better community get rid of the toxic waste within the community and change what the Board has never done. We as homeowners can change our community we don't need the board to do this.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 PM

4 posts, read 19,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3anut View Post
Instead of posting all these comments, put your effort into making a difference. There was a post with an email of Candlewick_Voice@yahoo.com leave your email address and come to the meetings, give your input and help to make this a better community get rid of the toxic waste within the community and change what the Board has never done. We as homeowners can change our community we don't need the board to do this.
P3anut, Why the heck do you think I posted the email address??? Because I'm trying to inform others that may have or have not read that letter we received in the mail. Why the attitude??? And just so you are aware, I did do something. My husband and I just signed the petition about a change to our so called "Public Safety Officers" as well as the petition to get rid of the outrageous sewer charge that Aqua IL is ripping us off for. Also, when we were there signing the petition someone called the cops on these brave people who had the guts to organize something like that. God Bless those people who organized the petition and shame on the a**hole who called the cops on them. It was probably someone who is a board member. I do agree that there has been a lot of moaning and groaning about Candlewick and no one doing anything about it, but you must also understand alot of people have families and other important things going on so not everyone can attend the meetings. If I could attend every single meeting for a good cause that I wanted too then I could have saved the world by now.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 AM

6 posts, read 26,213 times
The water has been high since I moved in. I have researched Candlewick before making the decision to move here. I knew what I was getting into when I moved here. Why are people complaining now? just move out. What you don't hear about here where all the complaints are.. is the fact that alot of residents do not obey the speed limits. Around 3 years ago the lady that owns Dream horse ranch ran over a little boy. I was on call for volunteer paramedics that day. Her excuse was she was on her cellphone speeding and not paying attention. When I tried to enter Candlewick thay day I had a delay since our lovely security officers were to busy talking with each other. My problem with security is they allow me access because they recognize my face! We want them checking I.D.'s and making sure people are still allowed into our community. I had the opportunity to speak with 2 Boone County officers this weekend since they were hanging around our East gate B.S.'ing with security. Our Manager Mr. Tracy Carter's son has once again been arrested for Theft. The problem I see with this situation is. Tracy Carter has no problem allowing these fines to be slapped upon the residents andalso finger pointing at so called problem people when his own son is one of the biggest problems in Candlewick. Underage Drinking,Theft,Drugs, and riding around our beloved community with these gang banging looking thugs! Is the Candlewick Voice addressing that issue?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 AM

43 posts, read 140,460 times
Hi everyone.....it has been a long while since you have heard the open and honest words of wisdom from MSMC!!!!!
I have read a couple of posts, and figured I would give my thoughts one more time.
I got the hell out of the hood and now live in a much better place. MY VAN!!! Actually a pickup but its better than living in a place where you cant walk down the street without some sort of personal protection. Remember I dont call the police for my own protection...unless im gonna use deadly force to protect myself and in CWL, that is a great possibility. I still have the house in the hood but will not go there anymore.
Wake up people.....there is nothing that can be done to save candlewick. NOTHING!!!!!! let the banks take what they can, let the government rent out the whole hood to crime!!!
Lake Livers, this is to you. Stay in your backyard. Look at one another from across the lake and lock your car doors when coming in and out of the hood. Vote to make it a "lakefront owner only" lake. I used to be against that but , thats your only protection.
I feel for you all that must stay.
Ihad "chicago" income, and loved CWL at one time. now Im happier with 8.50/hour and a truck in a year round campground.
Thanks OBAMA...oh and Oprah for the Olympics debaucle.
Since I am no longer chosing to be a Candlewick Green (Cabrinni Green joke) resident, I will prolly not check this blog pout anymore. I strarted it , and you all followed it....good luck surviving that place.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 PM

13 posts, read 34,122 times
What happened with the cwl water petitions. I never did get a chance to sign one.
Can we get this water bill lowered?

Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 AM

17 posts, read 71,710 times
WOW, Things have really changed over the years. We sold our lot when it became clear to us that this purchase was going to be a money drain. Plus we were not happy with what we saw, when we were there, and read in the local newspapers. When we purchased our lot it was only a corn field, with a boat on a platform, where the lake was going to be someday.
Sometimes you just make the wrong decisions, and you cut your losses. This is what we did.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineowner View Post
What happened with the cwl water petitions. I never did get a chance to sign one.
Can we get this water bill lowered?
They recieved over 700 signatures and reviewed minutes and CWL's BOD in if I remember correctly and don't quote me the yr 2000 changed the sewer rate from temp to perminent and never notified the residents...some BOD members still currently reside on the BOD and of course claims they know nothing about it....The citizens utility board says we all have a great claim against them but we will all have to obtain a citizens utility lawyer.

So now who's in for INCORPORATION?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM

13 posts, read 34,122 times
Yes, a class action lawsuit needs to be filed. Plus we should get all of the past monies paid! Who's in? I am for sure..........................

Also the il commerce commission needs to be investigated..................
I think that was the utility name that approves these utility rates. I did contact them and was referred to the water co. Which got no where, just got an email showing the rate approval? Any lawyers in cdw, i am undefeated in court. But this would be to much for me to handle by myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois