Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 06:45 PM

562 posts, read 988,589 times

Advertisements

One of the current advantages of having my car in a parking deck at Bradley is that at least its not covered in ice during the winter. Though my car lately has not been behaving and hasn't wanted to start a couple of times. I sure I don't screwed over. All of that said, I live in town and am keeping an eye on shady roads like University, I'm more afraid someone is going to be bump into me but knowing University, Lake and Glen are clear usually is awesome since those are the roads I will use in most cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 01:45 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
University is a major artery with a lot of lights and it is usually busy. It is a stop and go street. If you drive a consistent 28mph you can usually get through most of the lights withot stopping. The people who cause accidents are usually driving too fast, driving impaired, or driving too fast for conditions.

Today I was on University from Forest Hill to Pioneer Parkway to Knoxville; from 10 blocks north of PP South to Peoria Heights, through PH to War Memorial over the bridge to US 24 through East Peoria where I picked up my favorite pizza, over Bob Michaels to Adams to the Museum and the over to Hamilton and up to Jefferson. SW to Western to Adams and then SW through Bartonville and into Pekin. NO problem with traffic that was perfectly normal and smooth flowing.

I take my beast for repair to a small shop in Lewistown. The work is excellent. There is no price gouging. If you want a name and number send me a message. He does not do front ends. But before you do, check your battery, the leads and cables.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 AM

223 posts, read 662,084 times
The major streets mentioned above move so well. Please let's not let the OP thing Peoria has a traffic issue of all things. There are so many major arteries one can take to get from place to place smoothly.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 PM

Peoria traffic moves very well as it has state and federal routes, plus well planned arteries and 5 bridges that move thousands of vehicles every day. Anyone who drives in Texas can easily drive in Peoria. The biggest difference is Peoria is not a landlocked grid. It is more like Chicago in that it sprawls NE along the Illinois River for a number of miles between Shade-Lowman and the McCluggage Bridges. It really doesn't have the "grid" feel until north of Nebraska - which pretty well ends north of Pioneer Parkway, anyway.

I didn't do anything spectacular yesterday except take a leisurely drive through three counties. No big deal. It was a nice day, the pizza was good, and the traffic was friendly.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:09 PM

36 posts, read 115,605 times
Where's this wonderful pizza you ate?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 AM

562 posts, read 988,589 times
Some pizza sounds good. To bad my car no longer starts and had to be towed from Peoria so it looks like I will only get food within walking distance. Nevermind the fact that I have to get rides to work until it is fixed...

Old 11-01-2012, 12:46 PM

Oh, you poor thing, what a mess. Bradley used to run a car shop on campus - but that was back in the ice age, so I don't know if they do now or not.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 PM

In East Peoria at Davis Bros. Pizza. I've been a fan for 60 years. It is nothing like any of the national pizza I ever had the misfortune of eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrose227 View Post
Where's this wonderful pizza you ate?

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 PM

89 posts, read 272,515 times
Best pizza in Peoria is at Kaydee Kats! Someone I know said Tyroni's in Bartonville is good too but I've never eaten there.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:48 PM

Peoria Pizza Works in Peoria Heights has been around since the 70s and maybe earlier. Chicago Style Pizza is new place. Expats from Chicago say it is the real deal. Casey's convenience stores puts out a good pizza, too. There are pizza places throughout the Illinois River Valley. However if I want the real deal I trek to East Peoria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois