Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
And I am in the 11.7% and I did (and know several people who also did). The point is that there are several good schools in Illinois, just as there are in Indiana. And there are several crappy schools in Illinois just as there are in Indiana. But of course, BRG could/would never admit it because he is so politically polarized. It doesn't matter how good or bad your schools are, how good or bad your infrastructure is, how well people are taken care of or aren't so long as taxes are low. But then, he's probably the type to decry taxes while standing on a sidewalk under a streetlight and the leaves and drives home in a government-subsidized American car running on subsidized gasoline while driving down a federally-funded expressway...
Im talking about Public Education anyway. K-12
Why are we going to colleges and universities to make an arguement?
Most colleges and universities are not 100% funded by the state. Heck most are private.
This is a debate about K-12 education. not universities/colleges.
If you want to debate me thats fine. Dont give me a personal attack and #2 keep it to the debate topic. lets not drag other things into the debate arena to try and boost our chances

Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
if your not going to give a link then your numbers dont mean squat.
I can pull numbers out of a hat too.
How about these latest economic numbers?

http://bea.gov/newsreleases/regional..._metro0213.pdf

Indianapolis metro grew 0.9% in the latest GDP numbers from the BEA. Chicago metro grew 1.4% in 2011.

In 2010 Indianapolis grew 2.7% and Chicago grew 3.2%.

Last edited by Vlajos; 02-25-2013 at 08:07 AM..

Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,404,312 times
Quote:
if your not going to give a link then your numbers dont mean squat.
I can pull numbers out of a hat too.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0233.pdf

Really, given all of the problems that Chicago has with schools, including school violence, gangs and dropouts (all characteristic of public education in several of the largest cities in the US) it should be an embarrassment to the state of Indiana that the graduation rates ate so similar.

P.S. you almost always cite stats without any references and are usually proven wrong afterwards ( although you like to perpetuate the lies). Pot meet kettle.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0233.pdf

Really, given all of the problems that Chicago has with schools, including school violence, gangs and dropouts (all characteristic of public education in several of the largest cities in the US) it should be an embarrassment to the state of Indiana that the graduation rates ate so similar.

P.S. you almost always cite stats without any references and are usually proven wrong afterwards ( although you like to perpetuate the lies). Pot meet kettle.
Yet i dont personally attack someone.
I will call out the post but i dont flame the person though to boost me.
as the TOS said you can attack the post but not the poster.
Keep that in mind next time

Old 02-25-2013, 08:18 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
What do you think about the Indianapolis metro area's poor growth in recent years? Why do you think it is so much lower than Chicago metro's growth rate? What can be done to correct Indianapolis economically? Better education? Better infrastructure? What do you think?

Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,404,312 times
Quote:
You often make fun of their grammar/spelling (a personal attack), you call them ignorant (a personal attack) and seldom actually respond when you are called out on opinions that you present that are not based in fact...Sounds like a quick way to ruin all credibility to me...

Old 02-25-2013, 02:59 PM

562 posts, read 989,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardown54 View Post
q: Why does illinois' corn lean to the east?

A: Indiana sucks and iowa blows.
Haha

Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 PM

5 posts, read 9,495 times
Quote:
One of the most Ignorant post so far this year.
First Northwest Indiana IS a part of Chicagoland. Heck the upper part of Hammond is a 30 minute commute away from the Loop.
Second Munster, Indiana has better schools than many similar Illinois suburbs. Illinois education system is a trainwreck and the state doesnt have the money to support public education. Indiana does and since our states budget is balanced we can A afford to cut the income tax rate by 10% AND fund education/transportation and other priorities.
Third drive through northern Indiana and nothing is there? oh please like outside of Chicago Illinois is any different. Heck drive through munster and then come back and say that with an honest face.
Ive been through Hammond before and out of the 3 northern cities East Chicago/Gary and Hammond. Hammond is clearly doing the best of the 3 and it can hold its own.
Talk about Chicago Ignorance.
Your ignorance is truly showing now. NW Indiana part of chicagoland? Not a chance! You have been thru Hammond before and its the best huh?? Well, here is a youtube video of a drive thru Hammond showing it is STILL mostly made up of boarded up vacant buildings. This is your idea of doing the best.....LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!! Talk about ignorance!!!!

A Drive through Downtown Hammond, Indiana (June 2012) - YouTube

Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 PM

5 posts, read 9,495 times
Now these guys are a little loud, but this is what Indiana is like......seriously everyone! I love the line, "Everything is boarded up cause nobody wants to live here!"

A Journey Through Indiana - YouTube

Now I will admit, Munster is slightly better......HA!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:23 AM

562 posts, read 989,308 times
I've briefly considered Indiana as a state to relocate but as my significant other is studying to be a music teacher/band director in the public school system we've figured that Indiana's "cut first and ask questions later" vibe was a little risky jumping in. That's basically all I have on Indiana, I've never been there for an extended period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois